Home General Discussion

What should I get?

bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
I just came into a little money and want to get 2-4 boxes of cigars, preferably under $80 per box is what I am willing to spend. What should I get?

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    The LADC on the box deal....

• bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    I'm thinking a box or two of the house blends, a mazo of Gran Habano Vintage, and possibly try and get a deal on something a little nicer, like 5V CSII or Triple-A?

There's always the factory seconds as well. Maybe I'll just go wild with those.

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Diesel unlimited. Soo good.
    rwheelwright:
    I've had several of the Diesel unlimited, and I think they're slightly better than OK, but that's all.

• brizzzinebrizzzine Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 92
    bacon.jay:
    rwheelwright:

I've had several of the Diesel unlimited, and I think they're slightly better than OK, but that's all.

I have to agree. It's a good smoke, but I don't see what all the hype is really. Nothing phenomenal.
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    I don't know the box price but you can get 4 5-packs of Padron 3000 for $80.
    Unthought_Known:
    I thought about that too, but I'd want to try to get the box.

• Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    bacon.jay:
    Unthought_Known:
    I thought about that too, but I'd want to try to get the box.

I like the 3000 natural. I keep meaning to hunt down a box. It ages well too.
    How does everyone feel about LHC Oscuro Fuerte?

• dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    I posted a mini review on the LHC OF after recently smoked on of the robustos. Basically I thought it started a little slow but came around nicely. I liked them enough to buy a box of the beliscosos.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    bacon.jay:

One of my favorites and you can find them for very reasonable prices if you look hard or wait for a deal.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    bacon.jay:

I wasn't a huge fan of it but I think it was more of a problem with it not being aged enough. I only had one and didn't care for it so I can't really elaborate on it much more than that. Sorry!
  • chrisd56chrisd56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 77
    I would go with a box of Bauza Pyramids $100 and a box of Don Tomas Perfecto #1 $60...that will average out to $80 a box...lol. Gives you a small quick smoke and a nice pyramid middle smoke , now you need a Churchill size for a long smoke.... Fuente 858??
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    bacon.jay:
    rwheelwright:

Just goes to show how different tastes can be. Personally, I'd take the Unlimited over all the cigars you listed except the AAA, they would be tied. As you might have guessed, I think the Unlimited is way more than OK...not a world beater of a cigar, but for $3.50 a stick I have a hard time passing them up.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    Jay thats awesome and I totally dig your approach and you can never go wrong with the house labels ... my self I love the Red, Blue, Purple, Brazillian, SunGrown, and the Corojo labels and they are so great for the coin..... as far as the other product that you are looking at may I suggest ....... you have a PM
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Grab some Air Benders.
    Fourtotheflush:
    Grab some Air Benders.
    I was thinking more along the lines of splurging on a box of Ligero Chisels, but the thought of some Air Benders did cross my mind.

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Since you don't like the diesel unlimited why not just buy me a box then? ;-) It is always hard to decide what to get when buying boxes. I'm sure you will make some good decisions.
    rwheelwright:
    Since you don't like the diesel unlimited why not just buy me a box then? ;-) It is always hard to decide what to get when buying boxes. I'm sure you will make some good decisions.
    If the Unlimited came in something smaller than a 54, say like 46-50, I'd probably buy a box. They're too big most of the time.

• HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    bacon.jay:

Absolutely love them. When my inventory gets low enough and i have room for a box, this is probably the way I'm going. Great bang for the buck IMHO.