Home General Discussion

Golfing 18 tomorrow

robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
It's been almost a year since I have played 18... I usually do 9, but tomorrow is the full slate...
looking for some feedback on what to smoke... here is my list of potentials
Armada
Camacho PE
Ashton Aged Maduro
RP Decade Anny etition
GOF Carlito
Padron 64 Maduro

or should I go with something like Rp Sun Grown on the front 9 and Cohiba Black on the back...

Comments

• drpepperdudedrpepperdude Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 298
    save the Decade for when you can just relax and savor it. So yeah, go with sun grown or something vintage.

• xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Save the Armada for when you can relax and enjoy it (unless you have a box, in which case I'll see you tomorrow); I'd say go with the sungrown or something similar
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    ha... I have a decent little stash of Armadas, but not a box... same with the Decade... maybe I'll go with something little lower profile... Maybe a LFD Double Ligero and/or San Lotano Maduro
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    LOl well those are all nice and Dandy if yopu like a BUZZ when your golfinh, i tend to go more medium like Romeo y Jullieta Bullys or a Fuentes Hemmingway when golfing. I smoked a Diesel U7 and a Camacho PE last time i golfed.... those are more for sit back and enjoy them On a golf course who can really enjoy a GREAT SMOKE!
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Oh yeah WHy wasn't I invited! LOL I have yet to play any golf in California, im not Great get iin some decent shots but not consistant enough ..
    HA! yeah, I actually have a Hemmingway Signature... that's not a bad Idea...
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Oh yeah WHy wasn't I invited! LOL I have yet to play any golf in California, im not Great get iin some decent shots but not consistant enough ..
    I'm awful... but my buddy is worse... so that's good for the ego...
  • ellinasellinas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 329
    i'd go with the one you like the least, you shouldn't be paying attention to your cigar while golfing you should be focusing on your game to an extent
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    I agree with the others. I would smoke a stick I know I like, but nothing too over the top while I am playing. I'd save the big boys for the 19th hole.
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    I have a 5 day golf trip coming up where I'll play anywhere from 18-36 a day. I'm not a big mild cigar guy but I always post that there is a time and place for them. Well, it's coming soon. I wake up and we'll sit outside and I light up a mild stick. When we get to the course, I'll bring mostly medium sticks, usually a 7 x 54 to last nine holes and I'll have a couple on the course. After golf, we continue our drinking around the pool and I'll grab a med/full stick to enjoy. After dinner, I'll light up a full body. I can't wait. Only 12 more days.

I'm only about 10 mintues from Burn by Rocky Patel so we plan on spending at least one evening while we're there. There's not much on the web, but I'm hoping he has some kind of exclusive stick at the club that I can try.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    One2gofst:
    I agree with the others. I would smoke a stick I know I like, but nothing too over the top while I am playing. I'd save the big boys for the 19th hole.
    Yup, Exactly my thoughts as well.
  • dwayne3307dwayne3307 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 272
    ellinas:
    i'd go with the one you like the least, you shouldn't be paying attention to your cigar while golfing you should be focusing on your game to an extent
    my thoughts exactly. when i started smoking cigars, i thought bringing one to smoke while playing golf would be nice. nope. im not the greatest golfer, but i'm no weekend hacker either, i like to put forth a solid effort on the course and i felt like it kinda got in the way of playing at times. it's been about a year since i smoked one while playing.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    Rob, I would definately go with something that you know already and enjoy. Also, if you can get a hole in one on the Windmill hole then you can have a premium celebratory stick, LOL
  • shamrockedshamrocked Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 285
    I agree with about everyone - It is so hard to enjoy a cigar to its full potential on the course - For me I have to constantly relight (especially when it is windy) - lately i've been bringing a couple of the house blends out.
    the last stick I had on the course was a Monte Platinum... and that worked out pretty well...

thanks for all the feedback... I'll leave the premiums at home... I'm gonna look at bringin' an RP Sungrown, Morro Castle or San Miguel... Based on the vitolas I have in those smokes
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    robbyras:
    the last stick I had on the course was a Monte Platinum... and that worked out pretty well...

thanks for all the feedback... I'll leave the premiums at home... I'm gonna look at bringin' an RP Sungrown, Morro Castle or San Miguel... Based on the vitolas I have in those smokes
    Excellent choices. Enjoy your day!
  • R_M_GR_M_G Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 41
    Honestly, I don't care what you smoke, I'm too blind with jealousy over the fact that you actually get to golf tomorrow... I'm buried in two feet of snow for at least another month :(
  • RoyalCigarsRoyalCigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 106
    robbyras:
    It's been almost a year since I have played 18... I usually do 9, but tomorrow is the full slate...
    looking for some feedback on what to smoke... here is my list of potentials
    Armada
    Camacho PE
    Ashton Aged Maduro
    RP Decade Anny etition
    GOF Carlito
    Padron 64 Maduro

or should I go with something like Rp Sun Grown on the front 9 and Cohiba Black on the back...

I would have thought that a Mild or Mild-Medium Cigar would be best for the Green. That way you can smoke more and not feel sick. If it was me I would take a MOW Virtue or RP 99 Connie, or maybe something with a Cameroon Wrapper. Maybe a Churchill in one of the House blends!

-Regards and Long Ashes!
    R_M_G:
    Honestly, I don't care what you smoke, I'm too blind with jealousy over the fact that you actually get to golf tomorrow... I'm buried in two feet of snow for at least another month :(
    sorry man... I t was a great day on the course... i was awful, but I had some nice holes and a handful of pars... missed a birdie on a par 5 by an inch or so... so yeah, not a great golfer

but it was about 75 degrees and I even got a bit of a sunburn... I ended up smoking a San Miguel on the front 9 and a RP Sun Grown on the back... good times
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    undulac:
    I have a 5 day golf trip coming up where I'll play anywhere from 18-36 a day. I'm not a big mild cigar guy but I always post that there is a time and place for them. Well, it's coming soon. I wake up and we'll sit outside and I light up a mild stick. When we get to the course, I'll bring mostly medium sticks, usually a 7 x 54 to last nine holes and I'll have a couple on the course. After golf, we continue our drinking around the pool and I'll grab a med/full stick to enjoy. After dinner, I'll light up a full body. I can't wait. Only 12 more days.

I'm only about 10 mintues from Burn by Rocky Patel so we plan on spending at least one evening while we're there. There's not much on the web, but I'm hoping he has some kind of exclusive stick at the club that I can try.

This is where i'd say the reposado 96's either the connie or the habano would be a great stick for links ......