Home General Discussion

questions about cigar events?

millennium115millennium115 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 839
hey fellow brothas ive been trying to find out ways to find cigar events..... i live in naperville , il about 30 minutes away from chicago. are there any sites i can check.....any suggs? thanks guys!!

Comments

• DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Im sure there are other ways but I just checked for example Ashtons website and they have a full event section...
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Try Facebook. A lot of cigar companies post events on their FB profiles. Others don't but their official websites have the info as well.
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 882
    id say check out the shops websites. you can also sign up for their newsletters which should let you know. Other then that not to sure. Sometimes events are posted on here.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    I've been trying to figure this out as well.

I think the key thing is to develop a good relationship with a local B&M so you're connected into the local cigar network with the shop and the patrons of the shop. I'm figuring out that has been my problem. I've moved around so much, that I went from buying exclusively from shops in san diego when I started to exclusively from mail order shops now. Plus living in California there are fewer and fewer cigar shops around and I've had some bad experiences with snobbishness living near san fransisco. So I kind of gave up on it. What i've learned over the last few years is that mail order has its perks but by not having a local B&M you really miss out on the community aspect of it. I've actually found a decent shop actually in town that I had no idea about, and even though the prices are VERY high the people are nice.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Most B&M's around me have mailing lists (well, email actually). Just check with yours and if so sign up