Home General Discussion

Oliva Cigar Event

y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
Just came from my local B&M that was having an Oliva cigar event. I picked up 2 Oliva O series double toros and 2 Nub cameroon wrappers. The rep threw in a Series G maduro perfecto for free. He was also offering 3 free sticks for every 8 purchased. Anyway, I smoked the O double toro and for the most part all I have to say is, "meh". It was OK, but what was a total bummer is about two thirds of the way through the wrapper just completely came undone. I ended up finishing it (or as close as I could finish it) with just the binder. Apparently, a few other guys there were having wrapper issues as well. So when I was finished with that I felt like sticking around a little while longer, so I grabbed a Nub connecticut wrapper. Now I didn't make a stink about the O series I smoked, but the owner felt bad about the wrapper coming undone that he gave me the Nub on the house. And let me tell you, I thought it was a great smoke. Burned even the entire smoke and a great draw. Very pleasurable on the palate as well. I may have to stock up on a few more of these Nubs. Can't say enough nice things about the shop owner. He's got a killer smoking parlor for one and he and his wife put out a great spread for the event: Sandwiches, pizza, chourico and peppers, deserts, and he always puts out a few bottles of single malt for the clientelle. You can tell they really care about their customers and the product they're selling. If you're ever in Newport, RI, check out Tobacco Road, it's a good time. The only thing that would have made the night better is if my Celtics had beaten those Lakers!

Comments