Home General Discussion

Alec Bradley Tempus Quadrum

ThewelderThewelder Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 679
The weekend blitz got me thinking about this. Why is the Quadrum the only size they ever have for sale with the Tempus. I haven't seen it in any other size on this site, other sites, your neighbors garage sale, nothin. Does anybody know why this is?

Comments

• undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    I s#!t you not, the same thing popped into my head today as well. They only thing I can think of is that ccom has some type of deal with Alec Bradley with exclusive rights.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Thewelder:
    The weekend blitz got me thinking about this. Why is the Quadrum the only size they ever have for sale with the Tempus. I haven't seen it in any other size on this site, other sites, your neighbors garage sale, nothin. Does anybody know why this is?
    Cause the other sizes are actually good?... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! No... they're not.

• Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    stephen_hannibal:
    Thewelder:
    Cause the other sizes are actually good?... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! No... they're not.

I thought I was the only one who was thoroughly un-impressed with Tempus.
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    undulac:
    I s#!t you not, the same thing popped into my head today as well. They only thing I can think of is that ccom has some type of deal with Alec Bradley with exclusive rights.

I think the parent might have a deal on this one vitola. Too bad it's my least fav...
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Excellent stick...
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I love the Tempus, especially the maduro. Although, I'd have to say the Centuria vitola is by far the best out of all of them.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Tempus in the Magistri vitola is great. One of the only AB sticks I have had that I like beside the Brazilian Maxx
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    I like the Tempus
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    I'm a big fan of the tempus as well.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Thewelder:
    I've noticed this too. I suspect this vitola doesn't move as fast as the other sizes.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I am pretty sure this is a size only available online and they get a good deal on it. It is sadly my least favorite size of the Tempus, and I do enjoy the Tempus very much. I would love to see some coronas on sale...
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Quadrum is a house size.
  • gio164gio164 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 180
    PuroFreak:
    I am pretty sure this is a size only available online and they get a good deal on it. It is sadly my least favorite size of the Tempus, and I do enjoy the Tempus very much. I would love to see some coronas on sale...
    Is there any difference in the quality of the quadrum compared to the other sizes, or is it the box press that changes the flavor of the cigar?
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    gio164:
    PuroFreak:
    Is there any difference in the quality of the quadrum compared to the other sizes, or is it the box press that changes the flavor of the cigar?
    Quality is the same. The length and, more importantly the ring gauge, are the differences that make this cigar or most cigars taste differently among the line's vitolas. Some companies actually re-blend the cigar for each vitola so the flavor is more consistent across the line. Box press may have a flavor effect as well but I'm a little sceptical about that being a big factor.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    bigharpoon:
    gio164:
    PuroFreak:
    Quality is the same. The length and, more importantly the ring gauge, are the differences that make this cigar or most cigars taste differently among the line's vitolas. Some companies actually re-blend the cigar for each vitola so the flavor is more consistent across the line. Box press may have a flavor effect as well but I'm a little sceptical about that being a big factor.
    +1 to this, but I will say that I think the box press has quite a bit to do with it. I have had the same blend and size of cigar in box press and regular round cigar, and it does change the flavors.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    dennisking:
    Tempus in the Magistri vitola is great.
    +1