Home General Discussion

Valentine's Day requests?

havanaalhavanaal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 150
My wife presumed I wanted cigars for Valentines Day (again), so she asked me what I would like. Reasonably, the VD budget runs about $50-$60. Should I 1) ask for as many I can expect to get for the allocation? or 2) go for 2 or 3 super premiums? I hate to ask for real expensive stock, because that feeds into her impression that this is a very expensive hobby, which it's not.

Comments

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    I'd go for 4 or 5 premiums. At $10-$12/each you really have a large selection of cigars that are very high quality special occasion type of smoke to choose from. Not to mention having more in hand will help show this hobby doesn't have to be so expensive.
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    When ever my wife gets me cigars, I always have her get me my everyday stick. The last time she got me the Gran Habano Vintage 2002 ($2 per) and the LHCOF ($3). That way, she thinks that every cigar I have is somewhere between those two. My thinking is that you can get any where between 15-20 very good smokes for $60. Heck, ccom just put out a great weekend blitz in that price. I agree with you that you have to keep your wife thinking you only spend a couple bucks here and there.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    A box of Diesel or Diesel Unlimiteds should run around $60 depending on vitola; if she thinks most of your boxes cost around $60, she may be willing to go along when you ask "Honey, mind if I buy a box or two?"
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    What if you ask for a couple higher-end ones but put it to her as something you wouldn't spend on yourself but would really appreciate having? Then be sure to smoke at least one of them while she's in view at your next special occasion. Besides feeling good that she was able to get you something special, she'll assume everything else you buy is less, possibly substantially less, expensive, that you're reasonable about your purchasing, and that you really still do enjoy this as a hobby and aren't addicted.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Grab yourself 10 of the 2 for 1 Diesels.....20 sticks for $60....good stick and gives you a good little supply...
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    If I was in your position I would just ask for what I wanted.
  • tankbonniestankbonnies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 191
    A young 20 something female in a school girl outfit
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    tankbonnies:
    A young 20 something female in a school girl outfit
    Sure fire way to get nothing.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Perhaps you can invite her to smoke your cigar? *wink, wink*