Home General Discussion

Romeo y Julieta Churchills

cubancigarscubancigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
Does anyone know anyone that would be interested in a box of “Cuban” Churchills? I have 3 boxes of them that were gifts from a government official in Holguin. I don’t smoke and have no one to offer them to. They are sealed. I’m told that they are very good and rare cigars. Anyone interested, or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks T.

Comments

• mbetotmbetot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10
    I would happy to take one off your hands.

PM me.

mbetot
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I mean you no offense, but quite frankly I wouldn't even consider this unless I could actually hold the box in my hands and look at the cigars. It's not about whether you are trustworthy, but Cuban cigars are so heavily counterfeited that blind faith and a third party assurance just aren't near enough.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    j0z3r:
    I mean you no offense, but quite frankly I wouldn't even consider this unless I could actually hold the box in my hands and look at the cigars. It's not about whether you are trustworthy, but Cuban cigars are so heavily counterfeited that blind faith and a third party assurance just aren't near enough.
    Or how long have they been out of a humidor...
  • JY001JY001 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 49
    DANGER WILL ROBINSON! This poster has 2 posts here. In his other post he states these are cabs of 50. RyJ has never produced Churchill's in a cab of 50.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i have a glass top box of cohiba esplendidos id be willing to trade you ...
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    JY001:
    DANGER WILL ROBINSON! This poster has 2 posts here. In his other post he states these are cabs of 50. RyJ has never produced Churchill's in a cab of 50.
    DING DING DING! WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Go back to selling your fakes on the beach, cubancigars. We don't need you here trying to cheat decent people.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    wwhwang:
    Go back to selling your fakes on the beach, cubancigars. We don't need you here trying to cheat decent people.
    +1
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    cubancigars:
    Does anyone know anyone that would be interested in a box of “Cuban” Churchills? I have 3 boxes of them that were gifts from a government official in Holguin. I don’t smoke and have no one to offer them to. They are sealed. I’m told that they are very good and rare cigars. Anyone interested, or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks T.

YOU IS ONE CRAZY SOB...... look for s guy on here named joeyjoe im sure he will help you barter them offf !
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    cubancigars:
    /////To respond to the 1st question....NO! Question 2 re: suggestions -save them til springtime and perhaps post on a forum for gardeners looking for compost!
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Hey this is America ... innocent until proven guilty and all that jazz remember ? He said he got them from a Govt. official and he does NOT smoke . If he does not smoke he probably has no idea what he has and is just going by what the giver told him. R Y J did make a Exhibicion # 4 in a 50 cigar cab. Maybe since he's not into cigars he got the terminology wrong when he used churchills.

I am certainly not recommending anyone buy blindly from this guy or anyone else on the internet for that matter. Maybe someone has an idea where he could take his cigars to have them authenicated ? Maybe he lives close by to someone on here .

Could very well be an innocent guy trying to get rid of 3 boxes of cigars he has no use for as easy as he could be a scam artist trying to rip someone off.

I guess the immediate attacks on him are just a reflection of the society we have built for ourselves . With no proof that he has legit ISOMs OR that he is a scam artist I guess my response would be " When you are able to produce proof that these cigars are the real deal then I would be willing to meet you at a pre-arranged agreeable location to make the purchase in person and under no circumstances thru the mail . For everyones protection. " That would be my take if I were interested which I'm not ... rather than assuming he's a thief out to get someone ( which he still could be ) I'm just sayin ... Lots a newbies on here that don't know anything about sizes and little "real " info about cigars in general .
    Good post Gene. I'm disappointed at how many people can't wait to start attacking an outsider, that's not the way it used to be, and I don't think that's the way it should be. We've prided ourselves on not being like other forums and treating old timer and newcomer alike with respect and dignity, but more and more it seems like this forum is becoming the opposite of what it has been. If it weren't for the long time members on here like yourself, I doubt I'd still be around.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Maybe the original poster could take and post some pics of the cigars, boxes, stamps, and labels.
    I agree with you Joe. Seems like a lotta people like to talk the talk but not back it up by walking the walk so to speak. The forum has definitly developed a "dark side" from some of the members that post now which I don't remember from a couple of years ago. Sad to see the "old forum flavor" fading away .
    Russ55:
    Maybe the original poster could take and post some pics of the cigars, boxes, stamps, and labels.

I think that would be the first step and a reasonable one in the right direction if this is a legit offer .
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    gmill880:
    I agree with you Joe. Seems like a lotta people like to talk the talk but not back it up by walking the walk so to speak. The forum has definitly developed a "dark side" from some of the members that post now which I don't remember from a couple of years ago. Sad to see the "old forum flavor" fading away .
    I think the other "dark side" you need to acknowledge is the increase in scammers popping up on the site. I think we're still the true welcoming committee 99.9% of the time. I'm sorry, but there are too many red flags with the OP. He may be legit, but his two posts and his screen name say otherwise.

So, to the OP: If you're genuine and just didn't know any better, then sorry bro. You gots some phonies. And even if you had the real deal, you're on the wrong forum. This is a NC (non-Cuban) related site when dealing with trades ad sales. We can talk about CCs, but it's not fair to the moderators to use their site for illegal purposes. So, now you know ("and knowing is half the battle." - thank you, GI Joe.).
  • R_M_GR_M_G Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 41
    haha, I wouldn't accuse him of being a cheat, just the worst salesman E V E R. Only two posts, no pics, no details and no responses on the thread... really? If anyone is interested in his stogies, send me a message cuz I've got some fantastic vacation property in Florida you might be interested in!
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    lilwing88:
    gmill880:
    I think the other "dark side" you need to acknowledge is the increase in scammers popping up on the site. I think we're still the true welcoming committee 99.9% of the time. I'm sorry, but there are too many red flags with the OP. He may be legit, but his two posts and his screen name say otherwise.

So, to the OP: If you're genuine and just didn't know any better, then sorry bro. You gots some phonies. And even if you had the real deal, you're on the wrong forum. This is a NC (non-Cuban) related site when dealing with trades ad sales. We can talk about CCs, but it's not fair to the moderators to use their site for illegal purposes. So, now you know ("and knowing is half the battle." - thank you, GI Joe.).
    +1. To the original poster, I'm sorry if I your offer is legit (or you just don't know any better) and I jumped the gun. However, like lilwing said, there's more and more scammers and there's a LOT of red flags that jump out from your two posts.

Red flags are things like lack of pictures, 50 count cabinet of RyJ Churchills (which don't exist), claims that they came from someone in Cuba (especially family members or government officials), and your account name
    lilwing88:
    gmill880:

That's a fair enough point Marty, and scammers are indeed an increasing problem. Going back to what I posted, I don't suggest we let scammers, spammers and phonies run rough-shod over us, but I also think a bit of tact goes a long way. And to me that means not attacking someone with no good cause at the drop of a hat. Maybe I'm stuck with my head in the clouds or in an idealogical rut, but if someone approached me face to face and offered me something I was suspicious of, I would politely decline, not get all over the guy with insults and accusations...It seems to me that the internet gives this veil of anonymity that allows anyone to say anything they like to anyone, regardless of how inappropriate or downright insulting it may be, and others just fall in line like a herd of sheep, and I don't think that's the way a community should act. I for one would not appreciate being treated that way due to what may amount to nothing more than an honest mistake, and I doubt anyone else here would either. End rant. Smile [:)]
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Also in the OP's defense, he did put "Cuban" in quotes. So really they can be anything and he's in the clear. Beyond that, could he really post pics if the sale of what is pictured would be illegal? Or could he get around the law saying "What you're purchasing is the beautiful Cuban cigar box, not its contents" like they do with alcohol on ebay?
  • RoyalCigarsRoyalCigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 106
    Yeah its not really reasonable to concede that a guy has in his possession 3 boxes CC's in cab of 50 each which he wants to unload to people he doesn't know on a forum he just joined. I could see one box as a gift but 3!? I would just kindly decline the gentleman's offer. I'm full up on smokes right now and no money.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    all this talk and the OP hasn't posted again. If it's too good to be true.......

in reality though, pictures would be very helpful in determining the validity of these sticks.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Where are all these scammers frequenting our boards? I am on here quite a bit, have I missed something?
    wwhwang:
    lilwing88:
    gmill880:

+1. To the original poster, I'm sorry if I your offer is legit (or you just don't know any better) and I jumped the gun. However, like lilwing said, there's more and more scammers and there's a LOT of red flags that jump out from your two posts.

Red flags are things like lack of pictures, 50 count cabinet of RyJ Churchills (which don't exist), claims that they came from someone in Cuba (especially family members or government officials), and your account name

I understand all the red flags . But as I said before he has acknowledged not knowing anything about cigars . And R Y J DID make a cab of 50 sticks as posted above just not churchills which could be an error on his end SINCE HE DOESNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT COGARS ! I'm just sayin you can't convict someone in a court of law on circumstancial evedence so why do it on a forum.

I agree that there are a lot of scammers out there trying to make a fast buck as lilwing said. However we are all adults here . If he had posted pics that were obviously fakes then I would say call him out on it. Otherwise , like I said , we are all adults here , which in my opinion means we need to try to find out more info about his product , or try to educate him on how he can find out what he really has , or as adults we can choose to ignore him or a general warning of buyer beware . This would be much better than an outright direct attack on what may be an innocent guy holding 3 boxes of cigars he knows nothing about .

The number of scammers out there and the red flags still do not give us as a community the right to jump on someone without proof they are trying to do something to us. Even if laying into this guy you felt like you were protecting the community at large I think their was a better way to handle it .
    If a cop passes 6 straight red cars speeding in his neighborhood and pulls all 6 over and gives them a ticket does that give him the right to pull over the 7th red car driving in the same neighborhood even though his radar was off at the time ? Its still a red car and still on the same street all the other 6 were speeding on .

Lilwing and wwhang I think you did the right thing by re-posting you were sorry if it was a legit offer. And yes , we all understand your suspicion of this guy . He may very well be a scammer . But this forum has the reputation as the most welcoming cigar-site on the net. I dont think anyone will confuse our generosity with stupidity . America -Innocent until proven guilty - or at least thats how the law reads today - check back next week for updates-as what appears right is often considered wrong . My two cents worth and I'm outta this one now boys ...