Home General Discussion

Legit Cuban dealers in NASSAU, BAHAMAS?

djbeeniedjbeenie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
Hey guys, I am about to take a cruise to the Bahamas and would like to purchase some while there (of coarse smoke them there). ;) I know Bahama's is full of counterfeits, but I don't know if someone knows of a safe place to shop at. I heard a review that a place called Stogies is the only store with legit cubans. Does anyone know if this is accurate? Regards, Bryan

Comments

• JY001JY001 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 49
    In that part of the world I'd either bring my own, or buy from an LCDH. It is next to impossible to find the real deal in the Islands. Buying from an LCDH is the only way you'll know for sure.
  • NightHawkNightHawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 246
    If you are near Atlantis, go to a place called Havana Humidor. A little pricey, but legit smokes. They also roll their own house blends, which are not too bad. Nice walk in humidor, nice selection of accesories also. I picked up a couple cedar lined leather cigar holders. Really unique and nice quality. Dont forget to visit Graycliff, great place to see!!
    You should be able to snag up a deal on the graycliffs too if you pick up a bunch, I still have a few laying around in my humi! Ask them for a tour of the factory, its small but their aging room is a sight to see!
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    From what I am reading is that Atalantis Hotel is the only legit place to buy Cubans, but the prices are outrageous? 80 bucks a cigar and not stored in a good humi. HA HA! I just wanted to try a Cuban.
    I paid average of around $20 a robusto ryj short churchill, monte's, and psd's. cohibas of course were more money, and IF they have any behikes im sure they would be outrageously priced.
    Oh ok, that is do able. I would love to try a behike!
    Oh and thanks for your help!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    djbeenie:
    From what I am reading is that Atalantis Hotel is the only legit place to buy Cubans, but the prices are outrageous? 80 bucks a cigar and not stored in a good humi. HA HA! I just wanted to try a Cuban.
    under those conditions you would be very upset. Bad cuban cigars are just as bad as bad noncuban cigars.
    even when cuban cigars are kept in the right conditions, they arent anything special. they are just another cigar. some of them are good. some are not.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    kuzi16:
    djbeenie:
    under those conditions you would be very upset. Bad cuban cigars are just as bad as bad noncuban cigars.
    even when cuban cigars are kept in the right conditions, they arent anything special. they are just another cigar. some of them are good. some are not.
    my opinion exactly. I've tossed a cuban before because I didn't like it. If you are in Nassau you need to go to Graycliff.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    kuzi16:
    djbeenie:

+ 1 on this one .. there are Tons of better cigars for one hell of a Lot less price... F_U_C_K Castro and his SOIL!
    dennisking:
    kuzi16:
    djbeenie:
    my opinion exactly. I've tossed a cuban before because I didn't like it. If you are in Nassau you need to go to Graycliff.
    Thanks I will have to check out Graycliff. Thanks everyone's help!
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    kuzi16:
    djbeenie:
    Same experience here with the handful I've had. Out of the cigars I've liked the most and remember the most and wrote the best notes in my dossier, none were ISOMs.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Jesus not this same old convo again lol Cubans good Cubans bad...
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Diamondog:
    Jesus not this same old convo again lol
    Ya you didn't miss much while you were in The DR, DD
    Diamondog:
    Hey Diamond, I am new here to the forum, cigars and cubans. I searched all of the forum before asking my question about the cuban's in Nassau and nothing came up. I didn't know this question was asked before. Kindly Regards, Bryan
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    djbeenie:
    Diamondog:
    Hey Diamond, I am new here to the forum, cigars and cubans. I searched all of the forum before asking my question about the cuban's in Nassau and nothing came up. I didn't know this question was asked before. Kindly Regards, Bryan
    No no my friend, not your question...sorry I wasn't more clear, I meant people discussing how good or not so good Cubans are lol...sorry for the confusion....this is the place to ask ANY question...
    Diamondog:
    djbeenie:
    Diamondog:
    No no my friend, not your question...sorry I wasn't more clear, I meant people discussing how good or not so good Cubans are lol...sorry for the confusion....this is the place to ask ANY question...
    Ahh ok cool haha
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Diamondog:
    Jesus not this same old convo again lol Cubans good Cubans bad...
    wow...DD...chasing away the noobs before they even pull out a chair! LOL ;)
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    If you're looking to try an ISOM, you're probably better off just doing some trades.

+1 to visiting Graycliff. That's where I'd be.