Home General Discussion

This is why I love the cigar community...

illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
Hey to all just wanted to let you all know of a great BOTL and local B&M owner here in Carbondale, IL. His name's Bruce and he runs Yesteryear Tobacconists and he has been in the cigar biz since 73 and playing professional rugby just as long.. This guy welcomed me and my old friends visiting into his shop and talked shop with us until closing time, not only that but just as we are about to leave he stopped us and handed us each a Fuente Fuente Opus X No. 4 with 3 years of rest on it! This guy is fantastic and this is exactly why I love the cigar community so much.

Comments

• cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 843
    Thanks for the info. I'll have to make note of this place in case I ever get down that way.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    I went to that shop several times when i was in school there. Hearing how great the staff/owner is makes me wish I would have been more serious about this hobby back then. Very nice to know that some people still know how to run a business.
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    I didn't even know that shop was there.... The next time I make a trip to the lake I will have to stop in
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    If you get a chance, I'd definitely check it out... It's a great environment and with a few chairs would be a fantastic place to herf
  • JapilisJapilis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 11
    Had a similar experience in Bellville IL with the owner of The Cigar Inn.. While he may not have handed me a free smoke, we had a great convo and he was very welcoming. Same with the Folks at The Hill Cigar Shop in South St. Louis. Great group of guys and great convo and very welcoming to new customers. Cigar smokers have a kindred bond that is unexplainable.
  • SigCigSigCig Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 37
    Carbondale, cool.  Back in the day I used to roadtrip there for their Halloween "festivities".  Not sure if they still celebrate the season in the same fashion, but it was quite festive, so far as I can remember.  Smile [:)]Big Smile [:D]
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    illinoisgolf99:
    Hey to all just wanted to let you all know of a great BOTL and local B&M owner here in Carbondale, IL. His name's Bruce and he runs Yesteryear Tobacconists and he has been in the cigar biz since 73 and playing professional rugby just as long.. This guy welcomed me and my old friends visiting into his shop and talked shop with us until closing time, not only that but just as we are about to leave he stopped us and handed us each a Fuente Fuente Opus X No. 4 with 3 years of rest on it! This guy is fantastic and this is exactly why I love the cigar community so much.
    wow, damn good cigar especially with age! Glad to hear you had a good experience :) How was it?