Home General Discussion

Newer RP Smoke! Opinions!

RoyalCigarsRoyalCigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 106
Hello Gents!

I was looking through my favorite cigar publication just the other day and saw something which sounded very tasty and interesting. The Limited Edition Rocky Patel Cigar! This cigar noted was the Decade with a new Pennsylvania broadleaf Wrapper. I know this came out a while back but is this any good? This is the first I have heard of it!

-Regards and Long Ashes!

Comments

• HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    I thought the Decade wrap was a broadleaf to begin with? Is Rocky going the route of Gurkha now? I.E. Putting same blends with different wraps and calling them "Limited releases" also not dissing on Gurkha as I love most of the blends.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Uhhhh that came out last summer.

• KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Yeah, its pretty good. The Anniversario it's called...and I've had a couple. They've been out awhile actually. Give it a try.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    I just saw this thread. I've been looking to try this cigar and compare it to the Decade. I like the Decade and can find those easy enough. Anyone know where I can find a few of these, or does anyone have a coulpe they can trade?
  • RoyalCigarsRoyalCigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 106
    Hey Sandman!
    Ccom does have them in stock. Just ask Andy, Tim or one of the ladies and they should be able to hook you up. Just so you know what to ask for, this special Decade is called the Decade Limitada! Hope this helps!

-Regards and Long Ashes!
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Hayblet:
    I thought the Decade wrap was a broadleaf to begin with? Is Rocky going the route of Gurkha now? I.E. Putting same blends with different wraps and calling them "Limited releases" also not dissing on Gurkha as I love most of the blends.
    Decade is a Sumatra I beleive.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Speaking of new RP blends, I tried the RP - Patel Bros Next Generation recently. It's basically the original Patel Bros with a Habano wrapper and a Honduran binder. Very nice flavors.
  • RoyalCigarsRoyalCigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 106
    lilwing88:
    Speaking of new RP blends, I tried the RP - Patel Bros Next Generation recently. It's basically the original Patel Bros with a Habano wrapper and a Honduran binder. Very nice flavors.

Thanks lilwing, I definitely have not heard of that new release. I like to stay on top of things when I can!
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    lilwing88:
    I was curious about this one...haven't seen any though
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Sandman1am:
    I just saw this thread. I've been looking to try this cigar and compare it to the Decade. I like the Decade and can find those easy enough. Anyone know where I can find a few of these, or does anyone have a coulpe they can trade?
    Send me your info and I'll get a few out to you...