Home General Discussion

B&M Problem

Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
Anyone else experience this? You're somewhere new, taking a trip, or maybe you just moved. On your way somewhere else you see a cool little cigar shop on the side of the road. Your significant other is in the car, or you need to be somewhere on time, so you don't stop but make a note to yourself to check it out later. Finally, you get your opportunity after much cajoling and you walk in only to find half the shop is bongs and the guy behind the counter doesn't know a Phillies Blunt from a Hemingway. They have a bunch of display cases so the place looks legit but its half full with every size/wrapper of Macanudo. Ask the guy a question and its like flipping a coin...heads you get a blank smile and nod of agreement and tails you get a sales pitch to buy 4 and get one free.

Is it just in Jersey, or are 90-100% of B&M's like this by you too?? How can I find a good one?? Any fellow central jersey BOTL's out there have a good recommendation?

Comments

• KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Ken Light:
    Anyone else experience this? You're somewhere new, taking a trip, or maybe you just moved. On your way somewhere else you see a cool little cigar shop on the side of the road. Your significant other is in the car, or you need to be somewhere on time, so you don't stop but make a note to yourself to check it out later. Finally, you get your opportunity after much cajoling and you walk in only to find half the shop is bongs and the guy behind the counter doesn't know a Phillies Blunt from a Hemingway. They have a bunch of display cases so the place looks legit but its half full with every size/wrapper of Macanudo. Ask the guy a question and its like flipping a coin...heads you get a blank smile and nod of agreement and tails you get a sales pitch to buy 4 and get one free.

Is it just in Jersey, or are 90-100% of B&M's like this by you too?? How can I find a good one?? Any fellow central jersey BOTL's out there have a good recommendation?
    Wow...that sucks Ken....like they say...a good B&M is hard to find ;) If you ever venture down south to ATL...let me know I can point you to some good shops :)
  • chrisd56chrisd56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 77
    Not many good places at all in NJ around me, luckily a small palce opened in my hoemtown (Rahway) which is not bad. He always has good cigars and a little area to smoke prices are so-so. I usually just take the 40 minute drive to the JR Cigars in Whippany if i buy alot at once.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Sounds just like most of the ones by me. I drive about 40 minutes to go to a good one, but only when the guys on this board get together there.
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    chrisd56:
    Not many good places at all in NJ around me, luckily a small palce opened in my hoemtown (Rahway) which is not bad. He always has good cigars and a little area to smoke prices are so-so. I usually just take the 40 minute drive to the JR Cigars in Whippany if i buy alot at once.
    a buddy of mine stopped at jr last wk and showed me pic's that place is nuts!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I'm not to sure about Central Jersey but there are some good places in northern NJ. In Denville, there is United Card and Smoke. In Lafayette Village (by Sparta) there is Satin Jacks. There is a place on 17 way up there on the south bound side that has a good selection but if I remember they are expensive. There is also a place in Ridgewood too but I have never been there. My friend has though. And of course there is JRs on 17 and JRs in Whippany where I was just at last night.
  • chrisd56chrisd56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 77
    JR in Whippany is an insanely impressive place. Three or four different smoking areas, accessorie store and even a womens store for perfume. Lunch special is a sandwich and Monticristo ciagr for under $10 bucks! It would be very dangerous for me if i lived close to that place!!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    chrisd56:
    JR in Whippany is an insanely impressive place. Three or four different smoking areas, accessorie store and even a womens store for perfume. Lunch special is a sandwich and Monticristo ciagr for under $10 bucks! It would be very dangerous for me if i lived close to that place!!
    I do live close to that place! ;-) But I don't buy from them much. I would say less than twice per year. But I do hang out there a lot! Oh, and if you think that this place is impressive you need to see the ones in NC. The one I went to was 2 - 3 times as big.