Home General Discussion

Taste difference in Ccom Cameroon in torpedo, vs corona?

BecketBecket Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 32
I like the cameroon carona, but enjoy smoking larger torps when time permits. Any noticable taste difference in the larger ring guage?

Comments

• undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    I personally cannot tell a huge difference but there will always be at least a little. The wrapper contributes to the majority of the flavor of cigar. The bigger the ring gauge, the more the ratio of wrapper to binder to filler there is which has to affect the taste. Whether you like one size over another just an individual thing.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Check out Kuzi's signature for the link; he wrote a huge post about different vitola size and how the wrapper:filler ratio changes the taste of the cigar
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    I'm not a fan of the Ccom Cameroon label, but with the Brazilian label there is a HUGE difference in taste between the Corona and the other three vitolas.

• BecketBecket Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 32
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    xmacro:
    Check out Kuzi's signature for the link; he wrote a huge post about different vitola size and how the wrapper:filler ratio changes the taste of the cigar
    im not sure if ccom reblends each vitola to get them to taste the same or not. thats a question for alex. some companies do that. some dont. i like the ones that dont better. it makes me wanna find the one thats right for me.
    the link mentioned in the quote is the blending 101 thread. its at the top of the second page.