Home General Discussion

Armageddon in Tx

Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
Anybody in the San Antonio area experience the crazy night and morning? Not sure about other parts of Texas, but we're not used to snow down here (luckily I've lived with snow when stationed in New Mexico and Japan). Heard all kind of things about cars being abandoned on the road, major accidents, and people spinning out of control. Hope everybody is okay....safety first! Might as well stay home and smoke a cigar rather than tempt fate out there ;)

Comments

• Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    there seems to be "weird" weather happening all over the country.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Well we already had 2-3 inches of ice on the ground in the Dallas area, then last night we got hit with 4-6 inches of snow... Made for an interesting drive home at 5am in a Mustang. About to hit the shower and head back to work in about 15 minutes or so. We were joking around at work calling it Snowmageddon last night because Taco Bell and Starbucks were both closed.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Hawk55:
    there seems to be "weird" weather happening all over the country.
    HAARP

• drpepperdudedrpepperdude Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 298
    you guys are imagining things. We're experiencing global warming, remember? Oh wait... I'm sorry... due to colder weather it's now "climate change". :p

Hope everyone is okay down there, don't think there's been ice/snow that far south in Texas since ice storm of '96.

drpepperdude:
    you guys are imagining things. We're experiencing global warming, remember? Oh wait... I'm sorry... due to colder weather it's now "climate change". :p

Hope everyone is okay down there, don't think there's been ice/snow that far south in Texas since ice storm of '96.

Yea, the weather guy said this morning that this has been the largest mass of cold air in this area since 1989. I'm ready for this mass to move back up north where it belongs! lol
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    drpepperdude:

Where's Al Gore when you need him?
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    PuroFreak:
    drpepperdude:

Yea, the weather guy said this morning that this has been the largest mass of cold air in this area since 1989. I'm ready for this mass to move back up north where it belongs! lol
    /////we just sharing the love with all you southern botls's...we have more than enough cold air here, we also don't mind sharing, since it has been awhile since most of you have seen snow :) ps. climate change will bring more 'extreme' weather events...which is what is happening throughout the world
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    drpepperdude:

I was there for that storm and it was pretty amazing to see the whole state almost shut down because of a little ice and snow. I guess when the state doesn't have the equipment to take care of the cold weather that will happen. On the other hand it was nice not having to go to work for those few days.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    PuroFreak:
    drpepperdude:

Yeah that sh!t better be gone before I move back home.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Sandman1am:
    I was there for that storm and it was pretty amazing to see the whole state almost shut down because of a little ice and snow. I guess when the state doesn't have the equipment to take care of the cold weather that will happen. On the other hand it was nice not having to go to work for those few days.
    they may not have equipment to move the snow, but there are times here where the snow is 3-6 inches on the road because its snowing so hard the plows cant keep up. Lake effect is a ***, but at least we know how to drive in it. Texans are a bunch of wusses... all those pickup trucks and cant drive in an inch of snow. i have one of the smallest cars on the market and i drive in almost a food of snow routinely.

ha!!
    kuzi16:
    Sandman1am:
    they may not have equipment to move the snow, but there are times here where the snow is 3-6 inches on the road because its snowing so hard the plows cant keep up. Lake effect is a ***, but at least we know how to drive in it. Texans are a bunch of wusses... all those pickup trucks and cant drive in an inch of snow. i have one of the smallest cars on the market and i drive in almost a food of snow routinely.

ha!!
    True very true my friend the lake effect is a *** and this year sucked driving in it. Especially when there is no funds to pay for snow removal. I would agree that the majority of us know how to drive in it up here but I see plenty of dumn asses who def. don't know how to drive in it too.

I think it just has something to do with Texans being used to driving 90 everywhere they go. Those pickups prob. are not all 4wd either, which means rear wheel drive. I know I was all over the place in my work veh. H3LL my truck was all over the place when the 4wd wasn't on. I'm guessing your car is front whell drive Kuzi which makes a huge difference even in a little bit of snow. Like you said you routinely drive in it and they don't so I'm sure that's a big part of it as well.
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:
    Sandman1am:

ha!!
    True very true my friend the lake effect is a *** and this year sucked driving in it. Especially when there is no funds to pay for snow removal. I would agree that the majority of us know how to drive in it up here but I see plenty of dumn asses who def. don't know how to drive in it too.

I think it just has something to do with Texans being used to driving 90 everywhere they go. Those pickups prob. are not all 4wd either, which means rear wheel drive. I know I was all over the place in my work veh. H3LL my truck was all over the place when the 4wd wasn't on. I'm guessing your car is front whell drive Kuzi which makes a huge difference even in a little bit of snow. Like you said you routinely drive in it and they don't so I'm sure that's a big part of it as well.
    to tell the truth... its a subaru so... Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive does not hurt a bit. i actually bought this car for the AWD just because of the snow.

really i just wanted to get a few texans a bruise to the ego.
    kinda like:

"look at me!! im messin with Texas!!"

kuzi16:
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:
    Sandman1am:

ha!!

to tell the truth... its a subaru so... Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive does not hurt a bit. i actually bought this car for the AWD just because of the snow.

kinda like:

AWD def. doesn't hurt.

LOL nice one Kuzi but are you sure you want to mess with Texans? They carry shotguns in the racks of those pickups you were just making fun of!!! :)
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:
    Sandman1am:

ha!!

kinda like:

AWD def. doesn't hurt.

LOL nice one Kuzi but are you sure you want to mess with Texans? They carry shotguns in the racks of those pickups you were just making fun of!!! :)
    It's funny to listen to a bunch of northerners talk about how Texans handle snow... lol You fuckers don't live here. You don't get that we typically don't have "snow" we have ICE. And with ice it really doesn't matter if it's 2 inches, or 10 inches... It's just as dangerous. That's what we had last week when the *** hit the fan around here, then we had the snow come and bury the ice which actually made the roads a lot easier to drive on.

The problem is that most idiots down here that have AWD pickups think, "Everyone else is creeping along on the ice at 20mph, but screw that, I've got a 4x4 and I can go 50 on this sh*t." But they fail to realize that they may be able to get going, but they can't stop any better than anyone else when the entire street looks like a skating rink.
    you say this like i dont have 5 inches of ice on my driveway. i havent seen the surface of my street in a month due to ice...

it really is about what you are used to though. id like to see some of the people up north here handle 130 in the shade...
    PuroFreak:
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:
    Sandman1am:

ha!!

kinda like:

AWD def. doesn't hurt.

It's funny to listen to a bunch of northerners talk about how Texans handle snow... lol You fuckers don't live here. You don't get that we typically don't have "snow" we have ICE. And with ice it really doesn't matter if it's 2 inches, or 10 inches... It's just as dangerous. That's what we had last week when the *** hit the fan around here, then we had the snow come and bury the ice which actually made the roads a lot easier to drive on.

The problem is that most idiots down here that have AWD pickups think, "Everyone else is creeping along on the ice at 20mph, but screw that, I've got a 4x4 and I can go 50 on this sh*t." But they fail to realize that they may be able to get going, but they can't stop any better than anyone else when the entire street looks like a skating rink.
    Puro I hate to break it to you but I did live down there and yes I saw both Ice & SNOW! I think we both understand that you normally don't get the snow accumulation and that it's mostly ice. We get a ton of ice up here too we just have the equipment to remove it faster. We were just poking a little bit of fun per our last posts. I also pointed out the fact that you don't have the equipment to remove all the winter weather. Didn't think that warded a "fuckers" comment but hey if that's what you think that's your opinon. I know Kuzi and I meant no harm.

Oh ya and the same guys you are talking about down there that are zooming by do the same thing here and end up in the same place.....ditches & hospitals. Just as dangerious no matter where you are.
    Sandman1am:
    PuroFreak:
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:
    Sandman1am:

ha!!

kinda like:

AWD def. doesn't hurt.

Puro I hate to break it to you but I did live down there and yes I saw both Ice & SNOW! I think we both understand that you normally don't get the snow accumulation and that it's mostly ice. We get a ton of ice up here too we just have the equipment to remove it faster. We were just poking a little bit of fun per our last posts. I also pointed out the fact that you don't have the equipment to remove all the winter weather. Didn't think that warded a "fuckers" comment but hey if that's what you think that's your opinon. I know Kuzi and I meant no harm.

Oh ya and the same guys you are talking about down there that are zooming by do the same thing here and end up in the same place.....ditches & hospitals. Just as dangerious no matter where you are.
    I was just joking around Sandman. lol No harm meant by the "fuckers" comment, just a lil trash talk to yall damn yankees up there. And yes I said yall and damn yankees in the same sentence. I just got a gold star on my Texan card. lol
    PuroFreak:
    I was just joking around Sandman. lol No harm meant by the "fuckers" comment, just a lil trash talk to yall damn yankees up there. And yes I said yall and damn yankees in the same sentence. I just got a gold star on my Texan card. lol

DAMN YANKEES?!?

PuroFreak:
    Sandman1am:
    PuroFreak:
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:
    Sandman1am:

ha!!

kinda like:

AWD def. doesn't hurt.

Sorry sometimes it's hard to tell humor through reading text. LOL Oh and I have been called much worse then fuckers and damn yankees! Thought you would be more creative was all. :)
    kuzi16:
    PuroFreak:

DAMN YANKEES?!?

lol Not THOSE DAMN YANKEES. YALL DAMN YANKEES. Totally different thing. Awesome video though.
    Sandman1am:
    PuroFreak:
    Sandman1am:
    PuroFreak:
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:
    Sandman1am:

ha!!

kinda like:

AWD def. doesn't hurt.

Sorry sometimes it's hard to tell humor through reading text. LOL Oh and I have been called much worse then fuckers and damn yankees! Thought you would be more creative was all. :)
    Eh, I just woke up and I'm hung over. That was about as creative as it gets. lol I'll get back with ya after some breakfast.