Home General Discussion

Bloomberg's at it again

havanaalhavanaal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 150
NYC smoking ban extended to beaches, city parks, "pedestrian plazas" such as Times Square. They are comparing smoking to public urination. They do this in the name of clean air and a healthy environment, while thousands of tons of sulphur dioxide, benzene, formaldehyde, and particulates from vehicle exhaust belch forth from all streets bordering the parks. As the world goes mad, our freedoms waft away in the air, just like they crap they inhale every minute of every day.

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Any surprise? The guy loves Big Brother-type Gov't and thinks his administration knows what's best for everyone, not to mention he's a media whore.
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    I like that he is going around policing gun shows across us. with no juristiction.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    im not really sure how the man still has a job.
    im sure he pollutes more with his car alone than any of the smokers he is pissing off.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    kuzi16:
    im not really sure how the man still has a job.
    im sure he pollutes more with his car alone than any of the smokers he is pissing off.
    He still has a job because he has enough money to draw a $1 annual salary, which people believe helps the budget in some magical way. Also: new yorkers are the dumbest people I've ever encountered. They walk around like robots pre-programmed to get to their destinations and cannot deviate from that course for an instant. Robots need a programmer, and he fits that bill to a t. If anyone here is in NYC, I apologize, you might be the exception, but the rule is stunningly stupid.