Home General Discussion

Anejo pricing just went way up????

denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
Just noticed that the pricing went back to normal on the Anejo sticks and the Shark is back in stock. What happened. I am having some money come my way soon and was going to build my Anejo stock back up but I guess I am going to hold off.
Anyone else notice this.
It's not a bad thing, I just wondered how long they would have Anejos for MSRP before they went back up.

Comments

• Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    wow...crazy ass pricing....i can get those cheaper here in town probably! lol
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    The Anejos sold at MSRP were the stock that CCom got from their actual Fuente account/shipment. In order to keep them in stock year round like they do, they have to source them from third parties, which in turn causes the mark up, unfortunately. Check your B&Ms. I know mine still have 50s and 46s for sure, and maybe 48s. Probably won't find Sharks or the new 60s though.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Wow, I don't often look at the Anejo pricing here, but the price on the 46 is double what my B&M charges. I guess ccom has to do what they have to do to make a profit and keep it in stock, but wow...double? I was hard pressed to drop $11.50 on one at the B&M based on the experiences I've had thus far, but I figured I'd give it one last shot before I write it off completely as a blend I just don't care for.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    I bought 3 down here in DR for $18 a piece at a shop...even though this is above MSRP I was quite surprised because this was basically the only super super premium that wasn't at least double what it should be....love the stick, have had 1 2 nights in a row and will burn another tonight...
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    I got one this year and I waaaaay over paid ($25). But I only get one a year and they're hard to come by. On a side note, there's one going for $31 right now on the devil site. Yikes.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    I have a few sharks also avaliable along with the Opus X , I'll be posting my stuff up on Friday or Saturday as long as its ok with ccom for me to give the BOTL's here a chance before I post it at another site.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Just to clarify, I have absolutely NO PROBLEM with the pricing whatsoever. Limited release demands higher prices and I'm okay with that. I just noticed that the newer inventory screen changed as well
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I guess it's a good thing i got 2 boxes of #55s and almost 2 boxes of #77s.
  • ajacobsajacobs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 29
    it seems the page is completely down now.  The Tat Miami page hasn't been working for weeks.
    dennisking:
    Just to clarify, I have absolutely NO PROBLEM with the pricing whatsoever. Limited release demands higher prices and I'm okay with that. I just noticed that the newer inventory screen changed as well
    Ya ccom had good pricing for over a month on these, good if you got the cash, not so much if you don't, we'll see what happens around fathers day, hopefully they'll have them in again and at msrp pricing...
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    docbp87:
    The Anejos sold at MSRP were the stock that CCom got from their actual Fuente account/shipment. In order to keep them in stock year round like they do, they have to source them from third parties, which in turn causes the mark up, unfortunately. Check your B&Ms. I know mine still have 50s and 46s for sure, and maybe 48s. Probably won't find Sharks or the new 60s though.
    I think you hit the nail on this one...although I believe the anejos are better, you may also want to look for OpusX to stash away if you plan on aging. My local B&Ms can't seem to move their stock...bought 15 fuente fuentes at $11/stick with discount included....not sure why the drastic drop in prices, but I heard other places are slashing prices on OpusX big time too...just good timing I guess. I do love anejos though, bought a box during Dec last month and plan on firing some up soon
    now the Anejo's aren't on the list of cigars now. what happened
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Great Dennis, you broke it!! Smile [:)]
    I "F'd" it in the "A"
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    CCom lowered their prices on the anejos but it seems like they sold out QUICK lol...
    Nick2021:
    CCom lowered their prices on the anejos but it seems like they sold out QUICK lol...
    I was quite surprised they lasted as long as they did, you just know box after box were being ordered, they must have had quite some stock to keep it in for month and a half...
  • SigCigSigCig Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 37
    No reason to pay crazy prices. Many sources.