Home General Discussion

Cigar Oasis XL Humidifier with Battery Pack

mfotismfotis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
Thoughts? Whats a good price for something like this?

Comments

• The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Actually I got the Cigar Oasis XL on the advice of Cank, who owned one and loved it so much he couldnt stop raving about it.

That was one of the best things any BOTL here has done for me. :-)

I picked up my first one for a 500ct humidor and couldnt be happier with it. VERY much a "set it and forget it" type system, couldnt be easier or more reliable. The only negative things I have to say about the system are 1) dont trust the hygrometer that is built into the unit - after using Boveda packs to calibrate my own digital hygro & tossing it in the humi, I found out that its off by several percentage points. And 2) they ARE a bit pricey. I shopped around the InterWeb for several days in my free time trying to find one on the cheap, and had no luck. That being said, IMHO they are worth every penny.

Also, you mentioned the battery pack in your post... I wouldnt mess with that at all, unless it was an emergency situation (ie the power in your house goes out for an extended period). The units come with an AC power setup that works very well, and that way you dont have to worry about your batteries running dead while you are out of town on vacation or something. In short, I would HIGHLY recommend this system to anyone who doesnt mind coming off the $$$ for one. Hope this helps you in your decision.

PS: You didnt mention what size humi you were looking to put a unit in... ???

• The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    O man I forgot it came with a battery pack !!!! Sweet I know what to do if my power goes out in this snow storm !!!! But Yes Cigar Oasis works great ! I love it and I have never had a single problem with it.
  • mfotismfotis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Great thanks for the info, it will be for my coolidor and there are less the 300 sticks in there.
    Should work great for you!

• VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    I have one too and love(d) it----my issue is that I know I am VERRRRRY over due in changing the cartridge. How often do you guys change yours? and do you only use distilled?
    Vulchor:
    I have one too and love(d) it----my issue is that I know I am VERRRRRY over due in changing the cartridge. How often do you guys change yours? and do you only use distilled?
    Mine is probably a bit different than most. Here in Missouri, you have to fight in the summer to keep your humidity under 75%, then turn around during winter and fight to keep it above 65%.

Consequently, between July (when I purchased my first unit) til the middle of December, I didnt refill it a a single time, the Cigar Oasis almost never activated and my humidor stayed right around 72-74%. Since then, the two units run nearly constantly - keeping my sticks between 68-70%. Ive only had to charge the units once during that period.

• fuentejpsfuentejps Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 345
    i use the big boy, oasis xl2 i think. i have mine in a large in wall humi. ive filled it 1x in 6 mths. agreed the hygro is off. it reads 63 while my other 3 digi hygro's are solid at 66-68. awesome unit. i use the 2 aux fans that i got off a member here, many thx again. those really are a must in a big unit.