Home General Discussion

5 Vegas Gold or Purple Label?

mmeldrum27mmeldrum27 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello! This is my first time posting on this forum. I'm pretty new to the cigar scene (been smoking for about a month now) but I'm already hooked on them. I'm about to put an order in and I'm having a hard time choosing between the 5 Vegas Gold and the ccom Purple Label. I've only had the Purple Label and I REALY like them. But for the same price I can get the 5 Vegas Gold. Is there anyone here who has tried both? And if so which one would you recommend?

Thanks!

Comments

• rmccloudrmccloud Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 160
    I personally would vote for the 5 Vegas Gold over the Purple Label. The 5 Vegas Gold is very good (along with the rest of the 5 Vegas line). You should get a couple of the 5 Vegas Classics with your order as well, if you have not tried them yet.
  • MaduroScottMaduroScott Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 53
    5 Vegas Gold is my favorite Connecticut wrapper cigar, period. If you buy some, you will not be disappointed.

And yes, the classic is quite yummy too, as is the Maduro, and the Miami, ... Still, the Gold is my favorite in the 5 Vegas line.
  • mmeldrum27mmeldrum27 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9

Thanks guys. I just put my order in for a box of the 5 Vegas Golds and also picked up a couple Classics.

• dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    MaduroScott:
    5 Vegas Gold is my favorite Connecticut wrapper cigar, period.
    Me, too..

Although I must point out that I am not counting the 601 Black as a "Connecticut-wrapped" cigar, because the experience is totally different from all other Connecticut-wrapped cigars. If I count the 601 Black, I would have a hard time choosing a favorite because they are both totally different. But I digress...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    dutyje:
    MaduroScott:
    Me, too..

Although I must point out that I am not counting the 601 Black as a "Connecticut-wrapped" cigar, because the experience is totally different from all other Connecticut-wrapped cigars. If I count the 601 Black, I would have a hard time choosing a favorite because they are both totally different. But I digress...
    good points. my favorite connecticut might have to be the NUB.

on 5 vegas vs purple label...

iduno thats a hard one. i think ill go with the 5 vegas as well, but only because it is 100% long filler-- not the mixed that the purple label is.

i have had a few goop purple labels in my early smoking days.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    dutyje:
    MaduroScott:
    Me, too..

I'd have to throw the Perdomo Esv '91 into that hat, it is more towards the 601 end of the spectrum.