Home General Discussion

Election Night Cigar!

PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
Ok, I don't know if I'm the only one doing this, but I'm having some friends over to smoke, drink, and watch the election coverage and I was just wondering if anyone else is, and if so... What cigar will you be smoking on election night? Something special or just what ever you pull from the Humi?

I'm still debating on what I'm going to smoke but it might possibly be a Rocky Patel Decade I've had resting for about 8 months. Not totally sure though, might go to the shop and pick up something REALLY special...

Comments

• bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    I actually have a commitment tomorrow night that I can't get out of, much like the candidates...there was a lot of hard work that led up to it, but after, barring things go well, I have a couple power rangers that have been sitting for about 6 months, could be my first experience with an Opus X.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    what will i be smoking on election night?

i guess that depends on who wins

HA!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    What he said...
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Hmmm . . . interesting question. I dunno what I'll smoke. In part, it'll depend on how long it takes for the result to be clear. If, for example, VA gets called for Obama at 7:00, the election will pretty much be over, IMHO, before I even get home from work. If that happens, I'll just have whatever.

If, OTOH, it turns into a late-night nailbiter, I'll need to pick out a couple of somethings interesting.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    urbino:
    Hmmm . . . interesting question. I dunno what I'll smoke. In part, it'll depend on how long it takes for the result to be clear. If, for example, VA gets called for Obama at 7:00, the election will pretty much be over, IMHO, before I even get home from work. If that happens, I'll just have whatever.
    what if (and im not expecting this to happen) that is the ONLY state that has been called for Obama at 7:00 PM? ...and its looking like NO OTHER states are won by Obama?
    THEN WHAT?!??!

ok
    time for bed.
    Heh. Then I'll know that dude was right about the Large Hadron Collider producing microscopic black holes that eat the Earth.

Seriously, though, I won't know what to make of that. Wouldn't be the first time.
  • WafflebobWafflebob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 118
    I work second shift and I'll be working tomorrow night so I won't be able to smoke and drink while watching the election. Maybe I'll get some non-alcoholic beer or sparkling grape juice and just smell an unlit cigar while I read updates on the election online.
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    I started election day this morning with an Ashton VSG. I'll be hosting an election watch party at my bar tonight, so it depends on when I get out of there, but if freedom prevails tonight, I think I'll have to smoke a CAO America. If on the other hand, redistribution of wealth is the prevailing philosphy, I think I'll have to light a Cohiba. Eh, comrades?

:-P
  • These Filthy HandsThese Filthy Hands Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 455
    I'll be at work when the results are coming in. Might come home and have a stick afterwords though. Maybe a Nub Cameroon or a Comacho 1962.
  • rusiriusrusirius Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 564
    urbino:
    Heh. Then I'll know that dude was right about the Large Hadron Collider producing microscopic black holes that eat the Earth.

Seriously, though, I won't know what to make of that. Wouldn't be the first time.
    Speaking of the LHC I saw th
    I think Shirley just got eaten by a black hole. RIP, Shirley. We hardly knew ye.
    Scrambler:
    If on the other hand, redistribution of wealth is the prevailing philosphy, I think I'll have to light a Cohiba. Eh, comrades?

:-P
    Aww, come on, that was funny.

Well, it's looking very likely that it will be the Cohiba tonight.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Indeed...It'll be bitter, no doubt.
    I would smoke a cigar but it's too late and I'm tired, rough day. Glad that Obama won though!
  • brettmanbrettman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 34
    Well how 'bout a CAO America!
  • TshawwTshaww Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 16
    if i had one i would, i had an ashton heritage, no particular reason. Congrats Obama, now prove to the Americans that they had just reason for having faith in you
  • These Filthy HandsThese Filthy Hands Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 455
    Went for a two cigar night tonight. Started with a Nub Conn. and then had a Comacho 1962 Torpedo
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    twas a two cigar night for me as well. I had an Oliva Serie O robusto this afternoon/early evening. Then as things were closing down for the night, and Obama was speaking, I was smoking an Ashton VSG Belicoso.
    Luko:
    Indeed...It'll be bitter, no doubt.
    Fortunately, the cigar is anything but
  • WafflebobWafflebob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 118
    Had my first Punch Punch tonight after work. Very nice smoke. I can see why so many people like it. I may have to get a box.
    Would that be a punch with punch? hmm, I wonder...