Home General Discussion

Arturo Fuente Opus X Shark Maduro

Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
Anyone have any information on these? Never knew this even existed until recently. Still kind of doubting its existence let alone it's availability.

Comments

• zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Even if they existed, I wouldnt pay the premium they will ask for it. Few reasons...

If I was able to buy them, I doubt I can buy enough to age and smoke to even know when these cigars taste the best.

They make soo many "limited" stuff now, its becoming a bit pathetic IMO. They are cashing in big time.

I'd rather buy some Anejo Sharks instead for under $15 each.
  • BlueRingsBlueRings Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
    Hawk55:
    Anyone have any information on these? Never knew this even existed until recently. Still kind of doubting its existence let alone it's availability.
    Swampgas, weather balloon, or the sun reflecting off of venus, deniable plausibility.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Oh I'm guessing that stick would be worth every penny!
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Diamondog:
    Isnt it the Anejo Shark? I thought the diff between the Anejo and Opus was the wrapper, no?
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    zeebra:
    Diamondog:
    Isnt it the Anejo Shark? I thought the diff between the Anejo and Opus was the wrapper, no?
    No. Blend is similar, but not exactly the same.

I've never heard of an Opus Maduro Shark. To my knowledge there are only 4 sharks that have ever been released: Anejo Shark, Sand Shark, Opus X Shark, and Don Carlos Shark.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    docbp87:
    zeebra:
    Diamondog:
    No. Blend is similar, but not exactly the same.

I've never heard of an Opus Maduro Shark. To my knowledge there are only 4 sharks that have ever been released: Anejo Shark, Sand Shark, Opus X Shark, and Don Carlos Shark.
    That's correct only those 4 so far
  • Christian_SappChristian_Sapp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    i wish i could get my hand on an opus maduro shark, or hell any of the sharks or any fuentes
    Christian_Sapp:
    i wish i could get my hand on an opus maduro shark
    Don't sweat it. They don't exist :P

Christian_Sapp:
    or any fuentes
    Fuente is easy to find brother! Heck, even CCom has Anejos at just over MSRP right now! Trust me, the prices that you see around this time of year are definitely worth jumping on.
    yeah but i wanna try the opus x maduro. Yeah So far I picked up one of each of these Chateau Fuente King T Anejo Reserva No. 46 Anejo Reserva No. 50 Anejo Reserva No. 55 Hemingway Maduro Work of Art Opus X Lost City Robusto and I got 3 anejo sharks
    Christian_Sapp:
    yeah but i wanna try the opus x maduro. Yeah So far I picked up one of each of these Chateau Fuente King T Anejo Reserva No. 46 Anejo Reserva No. 50 Anejo Reserva No. 55 Hemingway Maduro Work of Art Opus X Lost City Robusto and I got 3 anejo sharks
    Best bet would be to contact Brooks at Smoking Stogie. He has a small stash of them. No idea if he'd trade, or whatever, but he has posted photos of them recently.
    If you ask him REALLY nicely you just might get something.
    yeah but what would i have to give up to get them?
    Christian_Sapp:
    yeah but what would i have to give up to get them?
    If I had to guess? Dunhill's, Cuban Davidoffs, Diplomatic Cohibas, OR Opus, Robaina Farm Cigars, things on that level. Just did some research, and it looks like 200 or less were made of most of the actual Opus maduros.
    i didnt have to give up alot to get the 2 robustos that i got but it took me a long time.
    who did you trade with to get them? do they have them at casa fuente?
    Casa fuente won't have them and the person I got them from is not a forum member. Plus the 2 I got was the only 2 that he had. I think I traded some of my isom EL's for them.
    nice, yeah i guess i will jsut have to wait and if they ever come up they come up
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    I habve seen pictures of the four, but only heard recently that there was also a Maduro version of the Opus x Shark. So that would make it five..three of them are very difficult to find. and expensive.