Home General Discussion

overlooked aspect of cigars

NightHawkNightHawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 246
I've always noticed and try to pay attention to how much wrapper is on a cigar im smoking. I'll look for a vein that i may be able to notice even after it has been wrapped over and see whether it was a thicker (in terms of width) leaf used to roll it, or if the leaf barely covered over the seam. I think it makes a big difference and you can see sometimes that a wrapper leaf was used in generous portions and sometimes not. Maybe a wrapper leaf may be able to be cut to wrap 2 cigars? maybe sometimes more if it is a large one? I dont think ive ever seen any discussion on this topic what do you guys think?

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    I leaf can produce two wrappers of a normal size (one from each side of the center vein)
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    I just got some Armadas and couldn't help how solid the construction looks, at least in my experience so far. I don't mind if a cigar has veins or bumps, but the Armada is just so damn smooth looking.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    NightHawk:
    I've always noticed and try to pay attention to how much wrapper is on a cigar im smoking. I'll look for a vein that i may be able to notice even after it has been wrapped over and see whether it was a thicker (in terms of width) leaf used to roll it, or if the leaf barely covered over the seam. I think it makes a big difference and you can see sometimes that a wrapper leaf was used in generous portions and sometimes not. Maybe a wrapper leaf may be able to be cut to wrap 2 cigars? maybe sometimes more if it is a large one? I dont think ive ever seen any discussion on this topic what do you guys think?
    most leaves actually get cut down to wrap a cigar. if you look closely you can see that even shorter cigars have the same number of turns on the wrapper leaf as the same blend in a larger vitola. in short, smaller cigars have their wrapper leaves cut down more than larger to obtain the same construction.

the scrap is used in other ways

as far as how much wrapper is used, i wouldnt be surprised if cost had a huge impact on it. it is the most expensive leaf