Home General Discussion

Anyone Had This?

PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
Just saw this at my B&M today while I was up there hanging out and I had to pick one up. It's a JDN Antano Gran Reserva. I had never seen it, but my buddy that works there said it has been out for a long time. He said it is much better than the regular Antano and not like most "gran reserva" cigars that come out. He told me they don't make it anymore and actually said it rivals the Liga as DE's best cigar... Anyone else here had one? I'm going to light it up after dinner tonight and see how good it really is.

Comments

• RoyalCigarsRoyalCigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 106
    Hello
    I have never had one but man, id be willing to trade for one. Is it possible to go back and pick up a bunch cause, it sounds pretty good and I think other people would like to try it (im guessing).I will look this up. How much do they go for a stick?

Regards and Long Ashes!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I might be able to pick up a couple for trade sometime. Can't buy up many because I don't have the money for it right now. Fantastic cigar though! I thought it was much better than the regular Antano. VERY full bodied and flavored! I will be picking up a couple of these to stash in the humidor as soon as I get a chance!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Haven't had one, or even heard of it. One thing that sticks in my mind though is that if it's an old blend and not made any longer, then it couldn't have anything to do with Drew Estates as Joya and DE haven't been affiliated for that long. Sounds good though, I'd love to try one.
    j0z3r:
    Haven't had one, or even heard of it. One thing that sticks in my mind though is that if it's an old blend and not made any longer, then it couldn't have anything to do with Drew Estates as Joya and DE haven't been affiliated for that long. Sounds good though, I'd love to try one.
    Well, he just said they have been out a long time... A long time to him might have been early last year. I don't know how long he meant, but was definitely a similar blend to the regular Antano which DE blends. And it was the DE rep who first introduced this cigar to the guy at the shop.
    PuroFreak:
    j0z3r:
    Well, he just said they have been out a long time... A long time to him might have been early last year. I don't know how long he meant, but was definitely a similar blend to the regular Antano which DE blends. And it was the DE rep who first introduced this cigar to the guy at the shop.
    Actually Jason, that seems to be a common misconception. Drew Estates doesn't blend any of the JdN cigars, the two companies partnered up for Drew Estates' distribution power and the fact that DE has an in-house sales force to really put the JdN brand out there.
    How much was your b&m charging, and how many did they have? If I sent some cash and you'd be willing to pick some up for me, that would be killer.
    j0z3r:
    PuroFreak:
    j0z3r:
    Actually Jason, that seems to be a common misconception. Drew Estates doesn't blend any of the JdN cigars, the two companies partnered up for Drew Estates' distribution power and the fact that DE has an in-house sales force to really put the JdN brand out there.
    Oh cool, well Garen did some checking on these, and they were released in 05 actually, and stopped making them in early 2010. So looks like they have been around for a while, just pretty limited. They are $9.85 exactly with tax. I'd be more than happy to do that for ya Joe. I was glad to run across them and find something new. Just shoot me a PM.
  • RoyalCigarsRoyalCigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 106
    Hello
    Puro is there a blend difference between the Gran Reserva and the original line cause I looked it up and they appear to be the same? Anyways, if you pick some up, let me know how you like them!

-Regards and Long Ashes!
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    never had or heard of one but would pick it up in a heartbeat...found one the other day I'd never heard of as well....Illusione 888 Candela
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    PuroFreak:
    Just saw this at my B&M today while I was up there hanging out and I had to pick one up. It's a JDN Antano Gran Reserva. I had never seen it, but my buddy that works there said it has been out for a long time. He said it is much better than the regular Antano and not like most "gran reserva" cigars that come out. He told me they don't make it anymore and actually said it rivals the Liga as DE's best cigar... Anyone else here had one? I'm going to light it up after dinner tonight and see how good it really is.
    Is this the same cigar? Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo
    Krieg:
    PuroFreak:
    Is this the same cigar? Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo
    No it's not the Dark Corojo, I've had many of those. This is the original Antano band with a red band below it that says Gran Reserva.