Home General Discussion

More Second Hand Cigar Smoke BullSh!t

ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
Well here comes another attack on our freedom. What a frivolous lawsuit.

Cigar Smoking New Yorker Sued For Second Hand Smoke

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Sigh... if it's a problem I feel bad for the family. But I seriously doubt it's a problem.

• t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Well when life gives you lemons......sue someone. I wonder how many times $2million worth of damages has been done to me. If I looked through court records i'm sure I'd be worth at least $100mil. to any lawyer. I'm sure these people can smell the smoke, but I highly doubt any actual harm comes from it. Freedom = Free to smoke in ones home and free to buy a house that does not share walls with another persons home.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Sounds like some a$$wipe's just trying to get his neighbor to pay for his house.
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    This infuriates me. I think I'm going to sue for emotional distress after reading this. A cool million should suffice.
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 882
    xIcedGuardianx:
    This infuriates me. I think I'm going to sue for emotional distress after reading this. A cool million should suffice.
    You think if we get enough people that have Emotional Distress we can get a class action going.
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    RaschNuts:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    You think if we get enough people that have Emotional Distress we can get a class action going.
    Let's do it!!
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    xIcedGuardianx:
    RaschNuts:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    Let's do it!!
    The only problem is we would get about a buck fifty and the lawyers get the millions.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    got a link on topic here: THE FACTS
  • smokeater187smokeater187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    wow this really grinds my gears....scumbags trying to make a buck
  • havanaalhavanaal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 150
    I would call a string of expert witnesses who own tobacco establishments to testify that cigar smell is actually a valuable commodity. That's why I thank my wife whenever she tells me I smell like a cigar.
  • dwayne3307dwayne3307 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 272
    There has to be more to it than this. It seems the smoker has done everything he could to prevent the smoke getting into the other flats. The sad thing is that the smoker is probably going to lose. Maybe not $2mill, but something.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Well these people live in a 2million dollar flat, i doubt they are doing it for the money. Though I can see this being shady, I do have to say, I lived next door (attached duplex) to a woman who smoked constantly in her room. It was awful, it seeped into my bedroom and it was very hard to be in there. My wife has asthma and I cannot stand cigarette smoke, it gives me headaches. So if this guy was smoking cigs, I can see it could be a problem. Now cigars, at least to me don't have that heavy chemical smell or whatever you want to call it like from cigs.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Let's also remember that these studies involve cigarette smoke. Cigars don't have any of that added crap and chemicals that cigarettes do.
  • JimmyCJimmyC Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 38
    Too many Lawyers.... They will do anything for $
    zoom6zoom:
    Let's also remember that these studies involve cigarette smoke. Cigars don't have any of that added crap and chemicals that cigarettes do.
    no kidding. I'd like to see some studies on cigars. One reason why I don't get why they get lumped all together. Sucks if you ask me.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    My local talk radio station is doing a segment on this today... just heard that Santa Monica has a new ban that doesn't let you smoke on your own outdoor patio.
    zoom6zoom:
    My local talk radio station is doing a segment on this today... just heard that Santa Monica has a new ban that doesn't let you smoke on your own outdoor patio.
    how the hell is that going to be enforced? I don't see this working.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Smoking in bars was outlawed in Chicago in Jan of 08. Even the beer gardens too..... But some beer gardens are exempt for some reason (probably something to do with the right amount of "cabbage" stuffed in an envelope and left at an Alderman's doorstep. LOL!) I just found out that a bar I used to go to has a really nice beer garden (heated too) that is part of this "exemption" and they are cigar-friendly! I better get over there and enjoy it while it lasts. Just a matter of time before the PC police shut it down.

The world is going crazy. Pretty soon, you won't be able to smoke in your own home anymore......
  • The ColonelThe Colonel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 206
    You know research shows that obesity tops the list for healthcare costs.. why don't these dickwads start closing McDs... or wait I think they are trying that too..