Home General Discussion

It's wicked cold!

AdcuriumAdcurium Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 170
Winter decided to spend some serious time in Rhode Island. Today's high will be 21. I have the day off but my wife had to work. So my dilemma is this: when my daughter takes a nap, should I go and brave the cold, freeze my junk off and try to enjoy a stick? Which of you would take an opportunity to smoke regardless of the weather?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Adcurium:
    Winter decided to spend some serious time in Rhode Island. Today's high will be 21. I have the day off but my wife had to work. So my dilemma is this: when my daughter takes a nap, should I go and brave the cold, freeze my junk off and try to enjoy a stick? Which of you would take an opportunity to smoke regardless of the weather?
    the real question is:
    can you enjoy the stick when its that cold or will it ruin the time?

i cant smoke in the cold.

cigars are about relaxation, being cold isnt relaxing. its down right stressful.
  • AdcuriumAdcurium Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 170
    You're right. I think it would ruin a good stick. I guess I'll drink coffee and lounge on the couch instead.
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 882
    I agree with Kuz. And it was damn cold here in NH this morning 8 while i was driving to work.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    RaschNuts:
    I agree with Kuz. And it was damn cold here in NH this morning 8 while i was driving to work.
    And its going to be damn neer 60 today here in Colorado....... go figure.
  • smokeater187smokeater187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    I pondered the idea last night but it was in the teens....id rather smoke in the car but its not like I can open the windows when I'm driving in freezing temperatures.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Two days ago it was -13 at my home, wicked cold! In cold weather I have a hard time really tasting a cigar to its fullest and hesitate about having a good stick. Often times I'll have a cigar I picked up on a really good deal or smoke a little mini but in this weather it's too cold even for that.
  • smbrinksmbrink Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    I feel ya. The other day it was like 9 degrees in Cape Cod and the heater in my truck is starting to kick the bucket.
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    I knew with the title having Wicked it it you were from MA or very close! lol
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    I have no problem driving with windows down a half inch heat cranked to the max an a stog in one hand.
  • smokeater187smokeater187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    smbrink:
    I feel ya. The other day it was like 9 degrees in Cape Cod and the heater in my truck is starting to kick the bucket.
    where are you on the cape bro I usually go up there in the summer with the family. We usually stay in dennisport, harwich or harwichport.