Home General Discussion

Mold.....maybe?

mfotismfotis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
So I just came into work to make a phone call and I pop open my 20 count humi for a look see. I happen to notice there is white mold like substance on my small round humidifier. Now I just got this humi up and running and the hygro is reading about 70. I used PG to charge the humidifier and I'm certain the "white" crap formed over the weekend since I didnt notice it Friday. Could it be something other than mold? I'm taking it home to get a pic of it and maybe (if i can figure it out) I'll post it. Or if someone can help a brother out, I'll email it to them so they can post it.

Man this sucks, good thing my bead order came in.

Comments

• Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    most likely mold but it's hard to tell without seeing it.
  • BlueRingsBlueRings Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
    Is is on the cigars too? PG has a mold inhibitor in it so it shouldnt mold over. I know this sound crazy but if you run your finger over it and it disappears then it is dew or bloom. If you rub it with your finger and it smudges then it is mold. If you cigars have the same you should be able to wipe if off with your finger. This is bloom and natural from the crystalization of the oils in the cigar. This may also transfer to other areas in your humidor.
  • mfotismfotis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    No, its not on any of the cigars.
  • BlueRingsBlueRings Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
    I would take it out of your humidor until you get your beads. Could use a wet paper towel in a small dish until you do. Try the finger trick, it will smudge if it is mold. Good luck and hope your sticks stay healthy.
  • mfotismfotis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Thanks, I took it out already and I'll put the beads in tomorrow.