Home General Discussion

Wail I am on the topic of ISOM - are they overpriced everywhere?

SmokySuitSmokySuit Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 429
Wail I am on the topic of ISOM cigars I was wondering what you BOTLs in other countries pay for ISOM cigars? As an American I only come in contact with these on vacation. A few months ago when I was in Aruba I paid $20 for a Romeo y Julieta Short Churchill tubo, $18 for a Bolivar No. 2 Tubo, $22 for a Cohiba Siglo II tubo, and $40 for a Romeo y Julieta Churchill. They were good, real good...but no cigar is worth $20-$40 apiece. I didn't really want to pay these prices but ISOM cigars were all they sold. How much lower are they in non tourist areas? Or are they overpriced everywhere (i.e. the Canadian Internet sites that will ship to the US are about the same in pricing as the one listed above). I'd like to get a few more, but I find it hard to pay $20+ a cigar (ok ok I did buy a few Armadas, and a few Hemingway Maduros) when I can buy other stuff at Ccom prices.

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    PM to ya, Smoky...

Marty

• smokeater187smokeater187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    stupid question but what does ISOM stand for? Ive gathered from reading around that they are cigars bought in other countries but didn't know what that stood for
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Island South Of Miami...
  • mfotismfotis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    You can get them in Europe as well for a reasonable price. In Hungary, they have high import tax so they run between 20 - 30 dollars. Padrons run 40 bucks. If you buy them from an online euro disto (like CCOM but in EU) you can get them for about 10 bucks a stick.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    mfotis:
    You can get them in Europe as well for a reasonable price. In Hungary, they have high import tax so they run between 20 - 30 dollars. Padrons run 40 bucks. If you buy them from an online euro disto (like CCOM but in EU) you can get them for about 10 bucks a stick.
    Or even less, depending on your source. Develop a good relationship with your retailer, like we have with Cigar.com for instance, and you'll find access to better boxes, dates, etc.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    Short answer: yes. If it's real, it's going to cost you. I only shop Casa del Habano when shopping for ISOMs because I know they can be trusted and they are always expensive.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Rob1110:
    Short answer: yes. If it's real, it's going to cost you. I only shop Casa del Habano when shopping for ISOMs because I know they can be trusted and they are always expensive.
    Only expensive if you're getting them in a country with high taxes, IN country. For instance, a PSDn4 shouldn't cost you more than 10-11 bucks or so, but in Canada it's gonna cost you a LOT more, because of taxes. This is the reason that, for instance, Canadians I know get their ISOMs from other countries.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    good point. I've only purchased from a LCDH twice: once in Grand Cayman and recently in Mexico.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    I'm bringing my own (3 5ct. Herfadors) to Mexico. I'd love to have a "Real" Cuban but If I go to a LCDH its gonna cost me. I think I'll sit by the pool and have one of my own and another drink instead.