Home General Discussion

Cigar City Maduro Beer

BlueRingsBlueRings Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
Sometimes You overhear a conversation and think "that sounds up my alley" I heard a description about Cigar City Maduro beer, and how it was created with the cigar smoker in mind. Flavors of chocolate, leather, and caramel which are used to describe most cigars I have come to love. Well, sitting here and drinking one now with an Alec Bradley Tempus and it is spot on. This is a Micro brew out of Tampa and not widely availible yet. If you are interested in those flavors and your local B&M carries it I highly recommend.

Comments

• undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I like the new guy. . . . . . he get's us.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    what's the price on this beer? I'm interested in this, sounds good.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    is this the oatmeal ale?
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Oh Yeah being a maduro lover this sounds like it is def something to try out . Thanks for the heads up .
  • smokeater187smokeater187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    undulac:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I like the new guy. . . . . . he get's us.
    1++++
  • BlueRingsBlueRings Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
    phobicsquirrel:
    Pricey, coming in at 6-7 dollars on draft for a 22oz. It is a handcrafted beauti though and worth it IMO. Im heading down to Tampa to check out the brewery. Here is the site http://www.cigarcitybrewing.com/
    phobicsquirrel:
    is this the oatmeal ale?
    Yep, oatmeal ale... Very chewy with a long finish reminisent of Fudge. I was smoking it with a Alec Bradley Tempus maduro, but I would recommend with a Flor De Dominicana Double Ligero Maduro Chisel. Now that is a pairing right there. I tell you what.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    BlueRings:
    phobicsquirrel:
    is this the oatmeal ale?
    Yep, oatmeal ale... Very chewy with a long finish reminisent of Fudge. I was smoking it with a Alec Bradley Tempus maduro, but I would recommend with a Flor De Dominicana Double Ligero Maduro Chisel. Now that is a pairing right there. I tell you what.
    and yes, I also like the new guy. good choice in sticks and beer.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    dennisking:
    BlueRings:
    phobicsquirrel:
    is this the oatmeal ale?
    Ok, so I am going to show my knowledge level here regarding beers but... they make beer out of oatmeal?
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    laker1963:
    dennisking:
    BlueRings:
    phobicsquirrel:
    is this the oatmeal ale?
    Ok, so I am going to show my knowledge level here regarding beers but... they make beer out of oatmeal?
    http://www.halftimebeverage.com/search.htm?searchterm=cigar+city&s_category=0&step=2
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    BlueRings:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Pricey, coming in at 6-7 dollars on draft for a 22oz. It is a handcrafted beauti though and worth it IMO. Im heading down to Tampa to check out the brewery. Here is the site http://www.cigarcitybrewing.com/
    22 Oz of high quality micro-brew for 6-7 bucks isn't pricey, IMO! Sounds like a great deal.
  • smokeater187smokeater187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    JCizzle:
    BlueRings:
    phobicsquirrel:
    22 Oz of high quality micro-brew for 6-7 bucks isn't pricey, IMO! Sounds like a great deal.
    sounds delicious too
    PsychoSJG:
    laker1963:
    dennisking:
    BlueRings:
    phobicsquirrel:
    is this the oatmeal ale?
    http://www.halftimebeverage.com/search.htm?searchterm=cigar+city&s_category=0&step=2
    Excellent find PsychoSJG, this should allow all BOTL enjoy a cold one.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    JCizzle:
    BlueRings:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Werd cotton, that's about the same price that Applebee's charges for just a tall Sam Adams Boston Lager.

Now THAT'S pricey.

• xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Kickass! I live about 15 miles from Tampa!!
    Xmacro I will be there end of Feb thru beginning of March, PM me if you want to meet up. I will be looking to explorer Tampa Humidor on the weekends. I can only hope they carry the Maduro Beer. We can kick a few during Super Bowl or sometime during my stay there. PM if you are interested.
    Found a place that sells it near me. They said its about $32 for a 24case. I plan to get it soon, and will gladly post an attempt at a review
    PsychoSJG:
    Found a place that sells it near me. They said its about $32 for a 24case. I plan to get it soon, and will gladly post an attempt at a review
    Eh, so about as expensive as Guinness. I'll head out there one of these days and give it a whirl, but it better be damn good if I'm gonna pay for a case when I could be spending that on some of my favorite beer
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    PsychoSJG:
    I'd be willing to split a case with you if you are interested!
  • wannabe.otakuwannabe.otaku Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 20
    I think I spotted this brew in the ABC store in Palm Coast a couple of weeks back.  They had it in a 6 pack if I recall correctly.
    Just picked some up, and already opened one. I suck at reviews, so this will be minor haha. It's the Maduro Brown Ale. I can taste hints of cocoa and caramel with a lil honey, and oddly enough toast with some leather. It kind of reminds me of a Heartland brewery stout (or those who dont know that place, something similar to a guiness) with the bite of a Bud. I can see this going well with a Ruination, or other flavorful sticks. I deff look forward to testing that out.

Evan, we'll talk
    Hey BlueRings, I just hit up Tampa Humidor and asked if they had this; they have the Indiana Pale Ale by Ciger City, but not the Maduro brew. I picked up a bottle that's a little less than 2 pints for about $11 off them and I'll give it a try later
    xmacro:
    Hey BlueRings, I just hit up Tampa Humidor and asked if they had this; they have the Indiana Pale Ale by Ciger City, but not the Maduro brew. I picked up a bottle that's a little less than 2 pints for about $11 off them and I'll give it a try later
    Let me know how that goes, I have had anything else except the Maduro. The brewery is in your area so you should be able to pick some of it up locally. I will be there next week for the next month so looking forward to meeting you if are still around.
    BlueRings:
    xmacro:
    Let me know how that goes, I have had anything else except the Maduro. The brewery is in your area so you should be able to pick some of it up locally. I will be there next week for the next month so looking forward to meeting you if are still around.
    I can't tell what I'm tasting, but if you've ever had a Sam Adams IPA, it's a lot like that, only a more exaggerated taste. It's good - it's got a load of taste, and should pair well with a full-flavored cigar.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    xmacro:
    BlueRings:
    xmacro:
    I can't tell what I'm tasting, but if you've ever had a Sam Adams IPA, it's a lot like that, only a more exaggerated taste. It's good - it's got a load of taste, and should pair well with a full-flavored cigar.
    I really enjoy IPAs with cigars. Though, I am picky about IPAs. Lucky for me, there are a few brewerys in michigan that make some incredible IPAs. Bell's Hopslam, Shorts Liberator double IPA, Shorts Huma Loopa, and Big Rocks regular or double IPAs are out of this world fantastic by themselves or with a cigar. :)
    I lived in Lansing for about a year, and after hearing this, I'm thinking it was wasted time since I never found these beers :(
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    xmacro:
    I lived in Lansing for about a year, and after hearing this, I'm thinking it was wasted time since I never found these beers :(
    No chit? Where did you live? What brought you here? When were you here? Final question how the hell did you not go to the breweries? I can only imagine you didn't make it wine tasting either.