Home General Discussion

Warm weekend coming up - my cigar list!

TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
Well fellas, I am heading away for a weekend this month with my very close friend, also a cigar smoker. I figure I should post what I'm bringing. This is an entire special occasion weekend, so I'm bringing the good stuff! I haven't smoked much since my daughter was born in April, I'll make up for it this weekend. :)
The list:

A.F. OpusX
A.F. Don Carlos
El Triunfador lancero (original blend)
Camacho Triple Maduro
Litto Gomez Diez Chisel
H. Upman ISOM
Avo Domaine
Padron 1964 maduro

I'll only be down for a three day weekend, so I may not get to all of them. But I hope I do!

Comments

• undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    So where are we going?
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    so tell me about the El Triunfador original blend. my B&M has the better part of a box still. are they really good.
    sounds like you are having a great weekend for sure!!
    dennisking:
    so tell me about the El Triunfador original blend. my B&M has the better part of a box still. are they really good.
    Joe (joezer or however he spells his screen name!) sent me my first El Triunfador, he said it was one of his favorites and I was stupid for never trying one since I love Tatuaje so much... ok, so he didn't say that, but he should have! I'll tell you the story of me smoking this particular cigar to help illustrate my love for it:

I went to lunch at a great brewery near me (this was before Michigan banned smoking in restaurants) with a friend of mine. The El Triunfador that I lit up was what I would classify as a "conversation inhibitor." My friend was talking about work, life, his wife being pregnant, etc and I kept spacing out, staring lovingly at this cigar, and just could not for the life of me pay attention to what he was saying. He'd finish off his story with a question and my answer would be something like, "Holy F! this cigar is fantastic!" I'm surprised he didn't slap me across the face. Flavor profile of this one has a very earthy core, adds in a ton of different subtle and not-so-subtle flavors that make it one of my favorites to this day. Chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon, coffee, nuts. It is worth every bit of the apprx $9 I've bought them for. My favorite from Tatuaje for sure, though I still have so many more Tatuaje's to try out.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Don Carlos keeps crossing my path. im gunna have to pick one of those up again.
  • MperconteMperconte Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
    I'm available for one of those...I'm working in FT. Lauderdale...20 minutes away. :)
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Damn, that's an all-star list right there. Hope you have a great time.
  • nikostewartnikostewart Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 451
    Nice line up. Enjoy!
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Very nice. With the weather we've had here, if I was single I'd be jumping in the truck and heading south just so I could enjoy a cigar. Have a blast man!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    dennisking:
    really? what are they going for? Any monster faces left?
    Mperconte:
    I'm available for one of those...I'm working in FT. Lauderdale...20 minutes away. :)
    I'll pm you my phone number, I'll be smoking the entire weekend with a couple of great friends. Didn't know there were any S Florida BORKs around. :)
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    kuzi16:
    If I had one I would send it to you. Get one!!!!
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:
    If I had one I would send it to you. Get one!!!!
    my local B&M sells em. ill pick one up thursday (the earliest i can get there)
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Just read that the temperature is supposed to get above 40 tomorrow! Hellzyes! Smoking for sure! First real smoking session in over a month if it's true.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    phobicsquirrel:
    dennisking:
    really? what are they going for? Any monster faces left?
    still $10 a stick. no faces. you know I woulda pm'd you already if they had those.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    kuzi16:
    I need to revisit the DC line. I've only smoked the DC no.4, and while it was a great smoke in terms of performance, the flavor profile left me a little bored. It is not that it was mild, it's that it was mild, AND lacking complexity. For the price that they fetch, I just wanted more. Again, I've only had the one size, and on top of that, only a couple (or few... maybe 3 or 4), so I can't say I've really given the line a fair shot.
    so.... howd the weekend go?
    get em all in?