Home General Discussion

i smell f'kin awesome

sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
smoked a cao la traviata earlier, was a solid smoke, but now, smelling my hands and stuff i just smell really nice.

just thought id mention it lol :p

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Hate to break it to ya, but girls don't think the same as guys on this score. Take me for example - I get done cleaning my gun with Hoppes #9, and I think I smell amazing - the stuff is mens cologne and lead dissolver, all in one. But my lady friends don't agree with me :-/
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    one time i went in to work after the cigar shop and one of the servers told me i smelled like chocolate.

• KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    kuzi16:
    one time i went in to work after the cigar shop and one of the servers told me i smelled like chocolate.

I don't know why, but I laughed my ass off when I read this.
  • smokeater187smokeater187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    Krieg:
    kuzi16:

I don't know why, but I laughed my ass off when I read this.
    This is what I chuckled at lol
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    kuzi16:

Do you have your own restaraunt, Kuzi?
    JCizzle:
    kuzi16:

nope. just manage one.
    kuzi16:
    JCizzle:
    kuzi16:

nope. just manage one.
    Awesome, what's the concept like?
    JCizzle:
    kuzi16:
    JCizzle:
    kuzi16:

nope. just manage one.
    i manage an Applebee's.
    been there for years.

i know it isnt everyones favorite. then again, not every place can be loved by everyone.

• VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Ive always hated Applebees.............UNTILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the wonton tacos... Sweet Beard of Zeus.
    Vulchor:
    Ive always hated Applebees.............UNTILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the wonton tacos... Sweet Beard of Zeus.
    those things are damn good.
    if you like those you should try the spicy shrimp roll up. (if your franchise has that item. its not in every market)

i feel that in the last 3 years or so they have been stepping up the quality of food quite a bit.
    i mean... its still no fine dining, but there are some great items on the menu.
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 882
    kuzi16:
    Vulchor:
    if you like those you should try the spicy shrimp roll up. (if your franchise has that item. its not in every market)

i feel that in the last 3 years or so they have been stepping up the quality of food quite a bit.
    The best part about Bee's is they show the UFC fights for free.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    we roll in to Applebee's with our kids and all our friends kids after the dinner rush. they put the kids in one booth and put all 6-8 of us at some tables. they always serve the kids and we don't have to pay too much attention. It's great. We never used to be big Applebee's peeps until now. The took away their original bone-in wings though. bummer. we don't have a B-dubs where I live so sometimes a brother needs to get his wing on.....
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Once, after I smoked an El Triunfador Original, my girlfriend told me I smelled like peanuts.
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 474
    I smoked an Acid once and a guy in the bar came and asked me if I was working tonight and available for a date.
  • doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    My wife is very considerate. She doesn't much care for how I smell after I smoke a cigar but she always puts it as nicely as she can. I usually just get "You smell like cigar!". I think it's great that she thinks I smell like crap and doesn't say anything for fear of me backing off on her behalf ;)

• t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    My wife hates it, but I don't blame her, I do to. Love the smell of the smoke as its coming off the cigar, but after it attaches to something I gotta get it off asap. Although now I'm curious to see if any of my sticks do have a decent second smoke smell.
    kuzi16:
    JCizzle:
    kuzi16:
    JCizzle:
    kuzi16:

nope. just manage one.
    i manage an Applebee's.
    been there for years.

i know it isnt everyones favorite. then again, not every place can be loved by everyone.

I've given several thousand dollars of my business to Applebee's. Their happy hour in Phoenix is insane, a beer is cheaper than a Coke. I was that guy sitting at the bar abusing the happy hour 4-7 nights a week.
    kuzi16:
    Vulchor:

Bone in wings, have them grill them, with blue cheese, amazing.
  • AdcuriumAdcurium Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 170
    LOL! And you've been with him ever since?
  • AdcuriumAdcurium Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 170
    Adcurium:
    LOL! And you've been with him ever since?
    Sorry... my post was in response to: "I smoked an Acid once and a guy in the bar came and asked me if I was working tonight and available for a date. " And now, it doesn't seem soo funny...
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    kuzi16:
    Vulchor:

I haven't been to an applebees for years. The one near me almost got shut down due to poor ratings from the health inspector. I'm sure it's better now but I just won't go back there. I'm sure you run a clean ship though.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 676
    GadwinDuil:
    I smoked an Acid once and a guy in the bar came and asked me if I was working tonight and available for a date.

the same thing used to happen to me when I started smoking cigars, then I started taking them out of my mouth between puffs....no more problems
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 676
    GadwinDuil:

and one more for good measure.....

concentrate on hayes picture....was that the guy???
    My record for Brewtuses (Brewtii?) during happy hour (4-7) is 10. We specifically had to go when we knew the bartender because other ones would have cut us off (rightfully so) long before then. My sister--who is half my size--drank 9. I was so trashed I couldn't see. Ended up at some other bar and my sister's friend put her hand down my pants, one of those nights.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    letsgowithbob:
    GadwinDuil:

and one more for good measure.....

concentrate on hayes picture....was that the guy???
    Freakin hilarious
    phobicsquirrel:
    kuzi16:
    Vulchor:

I haven't been to an applebees for years. The one near me almost got shut down due to poor ratings from the health inspector. I'm sure it's better now but I just won't go back there. I'm sure you run a clean ship though.
    the franchise im in is pretty crazy when it comes to food safety.

i recently got re-certified for Servsafe and part of my job is to do internal health inspections. the last time the health inspector came out we had something like one or two minor infractions. (if im not mistaken they were that one of our soap dispensers was damn near empty and we dint have all of our cleaning supplies in proper storage while not in use)

again, i cant speak for any store but my own, and i dont know how other franchises work their food safety programs.
  • dwayne3307dwayne3307 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 272
    JCizzle:
    My record for Brewtuses (Brewtii?) during happy hour (4-7) is 10. We specifically had to go when we knew the bartender because other ones would have cut us off (rightfully so) long before then. My sister--who is half my size--drank 9. I was so trashed I couldn't see. Ended up at some other bar and my sister's friend put her hand down my pants, one of those nights.
    That sounds like a solid night in my book!! And Applebee's is kicka**