Home Ratings & Reviews

San Lotano

KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
So have a maduro and the habano...haven't smoked them yet....anyone had one of these yet??

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    I've had both. So far, I prefer the maduro. The habano tasted just a little too rough for me (letting them rest for a bit). The maduro, though, was quite the treat. It was like a nice bittersweet cocoa mousse. Rich and smooth.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    sightunseen:
    I've had both. So far, I prefer the maduro. The habano tasted just a little too rough for me (letting them rest for a bit). The maduro, though, was quite the treat. It was like a nice bittersweet cocoa mousse. Rich and smooth.
    sweet...then I will try the maduro first!
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I've had both. The maduro was ok. Not bad, not great. If you like maduros then you might like it more. My tastes have migrated away from them though in the past year. It takes a really special maduro to interest me now. The habano however just might be my next box purchase. I get a very solid red pepper flavor and it has a fantastic aroma.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    Russ55:
    I've had both. The maduro was ok. Not bad, not great. If you like maduros then you might like it more. My tastes have migrated away from them though in the past year. It takes a really special maduro to interest me now. The habano however just might be my next box purchase. I get a very solid red pepper flavor and it has a fantastic aroma.
    my thoughts exactly, I used to be in love with maduros. Now I find myself liking them less and less and migrating towards other wrappers, especially cameroon and sumatra.
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    Ive had the maduro and the habano and tend to agree that the habano is a bit better, but I had it ROTT a few months ago. I got the gordo maduros too, but havent tried it. Gave one to my friend who runs the B&M and he said he really liked it. Looking forward to trying them again when it gets warmer with more rest.
  • coachjamiecoachjamie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    I had all 3 this past week. The Conny is really good too believe it or not! I liked the Habano and the Maduro about the same. The Maduro was a bit smoother, burned absolutely perfect. The Habano did not really kick in flavor wise until about half way, but when it did, it was really good. For some reason, not sure why, the Habano lasted much longer than the box pressed Maduro did. Both were Churchills.
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 633
    I've had the connie and habano both good smokes I need to try the maduro for sure.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    the habano is honestly one of the best dinner pairing cigars I have ever had. I really like them anytime, but during a big steak dinner (especially a ribeye) this cigar goes to a whole new level.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    I've never even seen one, I don't think anyone up here knows about them.
    bigharpoon:
    only place I know of that sells them is ccom.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Krieg:
    bigharpoon:
    Oh, I thought they were a B&M distributed brand.
    bigharpoon:
    Krieg:
    bigharpoon:
    most of AJ's stuff is internet only...but I think MoW are B&M too.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    bigharpoon:
    Krieg:
    bigharpoon:
    They are, that's why they aren't on Ccom's site and are only available by phone.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    This, in my opinion is one of A.J.'s best creations ever. I really got into this stick. The construction was perfect, as was the burn. The flavors were exactly what I look for in a good cigar and they didn't change a whole lot throughout the stick.
    I rather prefer a cigar that maintains a flavor profile all the way through the stick if it is a stick I really enjoy. Complexity is fine and I do enjoy a stick with differing flavors coming through, but when you hit the mark solidly like this stick does... I want it to stay that way, and this stick does. It may be early in the new year... but the San Lotano Habano gets my bet for Best New Stick of 2011.
    I can't wait to light one of these up, if it's not too damn cold this weekend, I might do it.