Home General Discussion

All these massive bombing runs

laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
I know it must be nice to be on the end of one of these massive bambing runs, but...

There are so many of us here now that with this trend lately to compile a whole group of people to bomb one BOTL, we seem to be excluding a lot of deserving people from the fun.
I mean there are several of these requests coming in every week now and it seems like everybody wants to host a bombing run of this type. This means there are a lot of single brothers out there who are not getting anything.
I used to love reading the good traders forum to learn of the several people everyday who were getting hit by another BORK here. Now when you read this page there is usually one guy reporting one of these massive runs. I always end up wondering about all the newer members and some older members too who have never been bombed.
I don't know, just thinking out loud here I guess, but it seems like some get to reap the benefits of a winfall, while others go without entirely. No offense intended to either senders or recipients of these massive bombs, like I said... just thinking out loud.

Comments

• One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    To be honest I've never gotten in on any of the bombing because I was never really sure how to go about it. What are the "rules" for bombing someone?
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    NO RULES. Just choose someone, obtain their address and send them out a package of free sticks. It is such a KEWL idea, I just would prefer to see as many people here as possible to experience getting (or sending) one of these. It is such a rush to wait for your package to arrive to an unsuspecting BOTL.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    laker1963:
    I know it must be nice to be on the end of one of these massive bambing runs, but...

There are so many of us here now that with this trend lately to compile a whole group of people to bomb one BOTL, we seem to be excluding a lot of deserving people from the fun.
    I mean there are several of these requests coming in every week now and it seems like everybody wants to host a bombing run of this type. This means there are a lot of single brothers out there who are not getting anything.
    I used to love reading the good traders forum to learn of the several people everyday who were getting hit by another BORK here. Now when you read this page there is usually one guy reporting one of these massive runs. I always end up wondering about all the newer members and some older members too who have never been bombed.
    I don't know, just thinking out loud here I guess, but it seems like some get to reap the benefits of a winfall, while others go without entirely. No offense intended to either senders or recipients of these massive bombs, like I said... just thinking out loud.
    although I am putting on together right now, I agree... I think they have their place to celebrate something thought... I;ve never really been on the receiving end either, but I still think it's pretty cool
    robbyras:
    laker1963:

although I am putting on together right now, I agree... I think they have their place to celebrate something thought... I;ve never really been on the receiving end either, but I still think it's pretty cool
    I was not even looking at it from being on the receiving end of one of these. Just that with people sending tons of sticks to one lucky BOTL, it means that a LOT of BOTL will get nothing. I have been in on several of these as well, but I think the one I sent out today will be the last one. I am going back to being a lone assassin as it leaves me way more targets. I agree that every once in a while something comes up and one of these massive bombing runs is called for, but they are starting to become the norm now.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    I agree 100%. I do remember being a noob here and I got bombed big, about 70+ sticks. But it came from 2 guys only. Now its like 10-20 guys bombing one person. It is cool and of course fun to do. Only reason I stopped is shipping. I was part of it alot earlier, but the shipping just added up too much for me, almost $25 a week, so I stopped and just do one once in a while now.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I've bombed a few people and got bombed myself however mass bombing always seemed a bit pointless to me. I always appreciated it and still do though being hit by a bunch of boxes that litter me with cigars would be tough to handle now. I simply don't have the room for a bunch of cigars. There are a lot of people who deserve it and while I don't do bombs much anymore I do throw in many extras to trades I do.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    laker1963:
    robbyras:
    laker1963:

I was not even looking at it from being on the receiving end of one of these. Just that with people sending tons of sticks to one lucky BOTL, it means that a LOT of BOTL will get nothing. I have been in on several of these as well, but I think the one I sent out today will be the last one. I am going back to being a lone assassin as it leaves me way more targets. I agree that every once in a while something comes up and one of these massive bombing runs is called for, but they are starting to become the norm now.
    "lone assasin" lol.
  • nikostewartnikostewart Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 451
    I think it is a great thing to participate in both forms of bombing, I don't see it as something expected of me but something I am willing to do for certain BOTL to bring a smile to there face and surprise them. I am a huge fan of solo runs and throwing in extras to a fellow BORK! It is something everyone here including myself do without any expectations of a return. That is why I love this community and do it when I can and am comfortable.

My 2 cents.
  • MperconteMperconte Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
    One2gofst:
    To be honest I've never gotten in on any of the bombing because I was never really sure how to go about it. What are the "rules" for bombing someone?
    There are no rules...
    Select a target, get a few to go along and send PM's for the mailing address.
    add the tracking number from Fedx, UPS, USPS and post some pictures of the damage.
    I've never been hit but and starting to bomb away.
    mostly because my address is not part of the master list that a few Botl's have compiled.
    I sent 21 sticks out today, one lotto winner, one exchange and one bomb.
    Personally, I like seeing the damage. :)
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    I agree. I used to do most of my forum participation in the trades and passes section and lately everyone's bombs and gift packages are so insanely huge I don't really go there anymore. I'm just a blue-collar kind of guy, I feel like everything is now out of my league.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    I think its as bit odd too Doug. I admit that I have never participated in a bomb.....HOWEVER, I have never been bomed either. I think its a cool idea, and sure I may like to have all these packages coming in at once but as you said, or didnt say, Laker----its a certain "I dont know what" that doesnt feel right or doesnt feel status quo (in a good way). And a big +1 to bigharpoon....Im not here to hold anything against anyone, or begrudge anyone anything....but the massive bombings all the time are a club I just dont seem to have the ammunition (or cash as the case may be) to join. /////////////////////If that makes any sense at all.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    + 1 ... I feel the same . I think it takes some of the personal out of it . I'm just sayin ...
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Good points. I'm going to start by bombing someone I've never bombed before...
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Some times I bomb people on my own, sometimes i get in on group bombs. Sometimes I use premium sticks, sometimes I use super premiums. I love bombin people whatever the format. I never really thought anymore into it than that. Typically group bombings are going to people that are known to have fallin on hard times or need some cheering up, so I consider myself lucky not to have been a victom of one. And if anyone here has looked at someone getting bombed multiple times and not been anything but happy for them they need to find a new hobby. That's def. Not directed @ anyone here, just a hypothetical.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Alright, calling all bombers! I need volunteers for a massive bomb for a deserving...Jk...its all in good fun, I've only been a part of one so far......but I do see your point Laker, and I would have to agree with ya.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    t_evan50:
    Some times I bomb people on my own, sometimes i get in on group bombs. Sometimes I use premium sticks, sometimes I use super premiums. I love bombin people whatever the format. I never really thought anymore into it than that. Typically group bombings are going to people that are known to have fallin on hard times or need some cheering up, so I consider myself lucky not to have been a victom of one. And if anyone here has looked at someone getting bombed multiple times and not been anything but happy for them they need to find a new hobby. That's def. Not directed @ anyone here, just a hypothetical.

+1. I bomb for the joy of bombing, it's a part of "enjoying the hobby" for me. I plan on doing more bombing in 2011 and will definately look at a broader range of brothers to hit. However, my #1 priority will be "budding" aficianados.

A free package of cigars, big or small, is still a free package of cigars; it is the thought behind the package that is truly the gift.
    t_evan50:
    I agree 100%. I have also been involved in some of the mass bombings when they first started (even before they were in vougue) and just today as an example. I hope nobody tries to draw any conclusions from this other than, I noticed the mass bombing thing becoming the norm and single runs becoming few and far between. Just pointed it out as an observation and included my feelings on it and I am glad so many BOTL have jumped in with an opinion.

Today I sent out three bombs. One for the mass bomb lilwing has going and two for a couple other deserving BOTL here. I should note that these were made up from sticks sent to me from Cabi for his 2000th post contest. I said at the time I would be passing some of these winnings on, to spread Cabi's generousity around a little as his prize was so freaking huge ! I only told this here to show that I really have no hard feelings one way or the other as far as seeing mass bombings stop or anything. Please don't read too much into my comments.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    t_evan50:
    exactly how I feel... 100%
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    robbyras:
    t_evan50:
    exactly how I feel... 100%

Ditto
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    t_evan50:
    Couldn't have said it any better Troy! A HUGE +1!!!
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    phobicsquirrel:
    I always appreciated it and still do though being hit by a bunch of boxes that litter me with cigars would be tough to handle now. I simply don't have the room for a bunch of cigars.
    I have to agree with Pheebs A BIT on this point - I seriously have NO ROOM left if hit with another ass-ton of cigars. I love you fellas, I really do, but Ive got a 100ct humi that is still nearly full from the nuke I got hit with at the end of the Sniper's Box thread. Thats a TON of cigars to get hit with!

On the other hand I, like most of the BOTL here, have done my best to reciprocate with the generosity. With one or two exceptions I dont believe I have failed to participate in any mass bombings.

And in defense of the BOTL on these forums, I honestly cant remember any "mass" bombings that weren't for a good cause. Members who are going thru rough personal times, be it a seriously ill family member, loss of employment, or simple good causes such as Cigars For Troops deserve to be supported to the utmost. I cant remember a request in the vein of "Lets Bomb So & So just to overflow his humi dude!". I think that the BOTL here would see a request like that as being in bad taste and would not support it.

I also suspect that a lot of folks on here undertake things on their own that never get mentioned on the boards due to the personal relationships that form here. Ive got one friend here that gets rewarded for bringing in A's & B's in their semester grades in college. Ive sent bombs to people here just because I see a cigar that reminds me of them & I think "This guy would get a kick out of such & such!"

Finally, I think it just comes down to your personal preference. May I suggest that if you dont want to be bombed, put that fact in your signature or in your bio or both - as I am about to do myself. And if you dont want to participate in mass bombings, dont. I honestly dont think anyone will bat an eyelash.

• JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    As a spectator, the bombings are quite entertaining. I haven't participated in any yet, but I am all about the trades.

Furthermore, if these thoughts on bombings are the biggest (I don't want to say "problem") "issue," then this is a fine community, indeed!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    phobicsquirrel:
    I always appreciated it and still do though being hit by a bunch of boxes that litter me with cigars would be tough to handle now. I simply don't have the room for a bunch of cigars. There are a lot of people who deserve it and while I don't do bombs much anymore I do throw in many extras to trades I do.
    this is my situation exactly.
  • smokeater187smokeater187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    JCizzle:
    As a spectator, the bombings are quite entertaining. I haven't participated in any yet, but I am all about the trades.

Furthermore, if these thoughts on bombings are the biggest (I don't want to say "problem") "issue," then this is a fine community, indeed!
    well said im with you on this one
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    Mperconte:
    One2gofst:
    There are no rules...
    Select a target, get a few to go along and send PM's for the mailing address.
    add the tracking number from Fedx, UPS, USPS and post some pictures of the damage.
    I've never been hit but and starting to bomb away.
    mostly because my address is not part of the master list that a few Botl's have compiled.
    I sent 21 sticks out today, one lotto winner, one exchange and one bomb.
    Personally, I like seeing the damage. :)

SOOOOOOOOO............ Any of you fine BORK's have this fine fellas address?
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    sightunseen:
    Good points. I'm going to start by bombing someone I've never bombed before...
    Ya, that is way more enjoyable than a mass bombing in my opinion. With that said, I do think there is some real good value to mass bombings.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
    ENFIDL:
    t_evan50:
    Couldn't have said it any better Troy! A HUGE +1!!!
    Totally agree with this. I love that this community we have will help someone out without looking for anything in return, that's very rare in this day and age.