Home General Discussion

THE BEST SMOKE YOU EVER HAD!?

RoyalCigarsRoyalCigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 106
Hello Gents!

I wanted to ask everyone, New or Veteran. What is the best cigar you've EVER had?
And if it was so good usually you can remember where you were when or where you smoked it. Feel free to add that in if you wish.

I will get this one started: Probably the best was a Cohiba Siglo V which had a nice amount of age on it. What a delicious smoke, like tasting buttered toast with some spice. I smoked this like 8 or 9 years ago now, in my back yard. Cost me like 50 bucks though.

Regards and Long Ashes!

Comments

• undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    I can honestly say that I don't know what the best cigar that I've ever had was. I was gifted an Opus X and some ISOM that I haven't tried yet. I can tell you that I've had a few cigars that made me sit back and say WOW! That would be the La Herencia Cubano OF, Gran Habano Vintage 2002, and Diesel. It made me say wow because I couldn't believe how good they were for $2-$3 sticks compared to how many $10-$20 sticks that didn't impress me. I can say the same about the Sol CCC and Padilla Habano.

Are these the best sticks in the world? No. They just hit my pallet just right which makes them great.
  • nikostewartnikostewart Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 451
    Here is a link to a point Alex made about the "best cigar". Very interesting read and I feel the same way. www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/219221.aspx
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    I may not be able to say what the best cigar I've ever had is, but I know what my best cigar moment was... In Madrid on my honeymoon... sitting out our private balcony (with hot tub)... over looking the festivities at some sort of festival (Noche Blanco... not sure what it was all about but there was live music and whatnot)... my new wife and I were sitting there, relaxing and I lit up a PSD#4... it was one of my favorite nights of the trip and of my life... so there you go... that was the best Smoke i've ever had
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Hard to say what the best smoke was. If I had to say, then it would probably be either a MOW Armada or a Cohiba Red Dot toro. Why? Because I smoked the Armada while on a hammock reading my favorite book, and I smoked the Cohiba while having a chat with my dad after a great BBQ dinner.

So really, my "best smoke" is more determined by the atmosphere and situation it's smoked in, than anything else
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I have a few. It more depends on my mood but here they are: Gurkha Art Deco

Padron 1926 80th maduro

Padron 1964 Family Reserve 46

MOW Ruination

Camacho Triple Maduro

Fuente Opus X Lost City

Oliva V (nat or maddy)

LFD Chisel Maduro

LFD Solomon (nat or maduro)

These are it. I don't think anyone is better than the other though it depends on the mood more or less.
  • JY001JY001 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 49
    Ramon Allones Allones Superiores, a limited ISOM release this year. It is the first cigar that I could really taste what people write about. It was a journey in 3 phases.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    coming home from the hospital from my son being born and smoking a Padron Family Reserve 45 Natural.
  • dwayne3307dwayne3307 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 272
    Had a Gurkha Beauty last May while bbq'ing with the wife and son. The cigar was awesome and the fun we had while bbq'ing made it even better.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    dwayne3307:
    Had a Gurkha Beauty last May while bbq'ing with the wife and son. The cigar was awesome and the fun we had while bbq'ing made it even better.
    A favorite of mine. Love these guys.
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    I have a few Padron 64, Opus perfection x, for the money AB tempus, diesel, I've had may good cigars and need to try more but the 64 blew me away and the opus was perfection.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    The one I recall probably had as much to do with the situation as the cigar. ISOM Fonseca at an all inclusive in Jamaica several years ago. I had dabbled with cigars but didn't know much about them at the time. I picked the Fonseca because I figured all the Cohibas were fake and thought it was probably too difficult for anyone around there to counterfiet the white tissue/rice-paper type wrapping on the Fonseca. I could tell right away it wasn't like anything I had smoked previously.

I had it overlooking the water after a huge meal with a couple glasses of Johnny Walker Blue with my then newly married wife. We didn't have kids at the time, but I'm pretty sure the combination of the cigar, scotch and beautiful Jamaica evening had something to do with our son being born 9 months later.

But the cigar is the thing that sticks out in my memory that evening. What the hell is wrong with me??
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Avo 22.
    it got a 97 in my catalog. highest rating ive given.
    this cigar was released in 2002. i smoked it in march of 2010 at kuzipaluza 2010. a few of you were there.
    it was nothing short of amazing.
    Review

• madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    I've had a few but two stand out.

AVO 80th. My wife got it for me for christmas a couple years ago. Wow .... just wow.

Tatuaje Cojonu 2003 ... Its pricey but its everything I love in a cigar. Complexity, pepper, burns wonderful ... mmmmmmmm
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    So far my best smoke was a Camacho PE on New Year's Day of this year at my friend's wedding reception. The smoke was good, but it was a combination of the event and timing that made it stand out.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Heavy:
    The one I recall probably had as much to do with the situation as the cigar. ISOM Fonseca at an all inclusive in Jamaica several years ago. I had dabbled with cigars but didn't know much about them at the time. I picked the Fonseca because I figured all the Cohibas were fake and thought it was probably too difficult for anyone around there to counterfiet the white tissue/rice-paper type wrapping on the Fonseca. I could tell right away it wasn't like anything I had smoked previously.

I had it overlooking the water after a huge meal with a couple glasses of Johnny Walker Blue with my then newly married wife. We didn't have kids at the time, but I'm pretty sure the combination of the cigar, scotch and beautiful Jamaica evening had something to do with our son being born 9 months later.

But the cigar is the thing that sticks out in my memory that evening. What the hell is wrong with me??

... a woman is only a woman, but a good Cigar is a Smoke.

• lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    kuzi16:
    Heavy:

... a woman is only a woman, but a good Cigar is a Smoke.

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    kuzi16:
    Avo 22.
    it got a 97 in my catalog. highest rating ive given.
    this cigar was released in 2002. i smoked it in march of 2010 at kuzipaluza 2010. a few of you were there.
    it was nothing short of amazing.
    Review

I was there and I could feel the joy-gasms coming from you across the room. :)

Hmmm... well I've had a lot of favorite cigars, but most recently was a San Cristobal de la Habana that was gifted to me from a very generous BOTL on this forum. I smoked it this fall while celebrating with a friend of mine who had just gotten engaged. Just an amazing, amazing cigar. Very unique, complex, and an awesome atmosphere.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    The ones I really enjoyed...

• docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    This will undoubtedly change several times within the next year at least, but for me, currently, the best cigar smoking experience I have had was my first Opus X, on the patio at our rental home this past summer on Cape Cod. The weather was PERFECT. 70 degrees, sunny, slight breeze, no humidity. Good bottle of wine. Great company. Fantastic cigar. First time I had ever gotten several flavors which have since become favorites of mine (dried fruit/raisins, clove, honey, etc.) that I look for in any and every cigar, in hopes of finding them in something more readily available, and smaller than the Reserva D' Chateau...
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    TatuajeVI:
    I was there and I could feel the joy-gasms coming from you across the room. :)

Hmmm... well I've had a lot of favorite cigars, but most recently was a San Cristobal de la Habana that was gifted to me from a very generous BOTL on this forum. I smoked it this fall while celebrating with a friend of mine who had just gotten engaged. Just an amazing, amazing cigar. Very unique, complex, and an awesome atmosphere.
    I was gifted some San Cristobal ISOM's from a great BOTL here as well, the Muralla vitola. Awesome stick.
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,606
    I would say the liga UF-4 last night I received from RCY. What a treat!
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 444
    Either an opus x (not sure which), an opux x lost city, or a god of fire Cameroon
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Davidoff Aniversario no.3
    photo 659C3E58-orig.jpg
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    The absolute hands down best cigar I ever smoked was a real Cuban Romeo y Julieta Natural Wrapper Churchill size bought in Switzerland by a friend who owned Black Boar Custom Ques. It was the first "real" cigar I had ever smoked and I smoked it until my fingers burned. I have only had one cigar that came close since then and I can't afford them.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    Its a toss up between any cigar I have at my family's lake House and probably an Anejo 50 I had while on vacation in Mexico with the family. Everything was perfect. The Company, The Setting, The drink and the smoke! I would have smoked another if I had had one.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Shark, AB Pryme, R&J 007 James Bond
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    My favorite keeps changing every few months, but if I had to pick my top 5 at the moment, I'd say:

1.) Opus X
    2.) Partagas Serie D 4
    3.) Ramon Allones Specially Selected
    4.) AVO Domaine
    5.) MoW Ruination
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    2004 Upmann No 2
  • bluezulubluezulu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 108
    1). a REO at the gentleman's club. It really let me know how good a cigar can taste. 2). My first ISOM, a Monticristo #2. If you had to provide one cigar to define the Cuban cigarexperiencec that stick would be it. 3). The first Ava Maria Conquista I had. Neve could imagine describing smoke as chewy but this stick had that essence. All of the other AVA Marias I havorderedrd have not been as good.
  • sp33d3ysp33d3y Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 17
    Perdomo Edicion de Silvio maduro torpedo. Lost a bet to a friend. We watched the UofM/State game at the shop. I was feeling confident (read drunk) an decide to put the most expensive stick on the line--he won and went with the Silvio. One bet I most certainly DO NOT regret. I has become my celebration stick. I plan on grabbing a box (or what's left) in October to commemorate my wedding.