Home General Discussion

Humi-care digital hygrometer

mfotismfotis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
Any one have one of these? Thought?

Comments

• PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    mfotis:
    Any one have one of these? Thought?
    Ive got one. It was 100% accurate right out of the box, and seems to be preforming perfectly so far. I'll be buying another soon
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    I have one, works like a charm.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    I have one and my works great!
  • JY001JY001 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 49
    Works great! It is 100% accurate per the salt test. On a side note, I dropped it on a tile floor from about 4 feet. Surprisingly it survived and is still 100% accurate but only displays in Celsius now. ;+)
  • mfotismfotis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Thanks everyone for the quick feedback, gonna pick up a couple today :-)

• gasou93gasou93 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2
    Ok, I'm confused.  I got one of these recently and did the salt test as prescribed in the directions.  After 36 hours, the hygrometer showed 69% humidity.  I tried to calibrate, but the knob never clicked when I moved it and the number never changed.  I've tried doing the salt test again, and now it's stuck at 59%.

I'm beginning to think I've got a "dud".  I just pulled the battery and am going to let it sit for a bit and try again.  Any other advice?

• jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    Mine works great. I have checked calibration with the salt test and it works perfectly. I'll also be picking up another one for my travel box.
  • bobojobobojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 13
    Try going by the number of detent marks rather than clicks - I can't hear or feel any clicks with mine either. There's a little pointer on the knob. Then press the set button. The number won't change until you set it, which kind of makes it a guessing game. It may take a minute to readjust itself.

BTW, 8 hours should be sufficient time for the salt test. I don't know if being in the proximity of the salt for an excessive amount of time would be detrimental to the electronics, but I wouldn't want to take that chance.

Good luck!
  • gasou93gasou93 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2
    I got another one of these just to be safe. I did the salt test for 12 hours at which time the humidity percentage showed 63%. I turned the knob 12 "indents", hit the set button, and it showed 75%. So, I think I have it right.
    I've put the hygrometer in my humidor and it's now showing 68%. I feel pretty safe in putting my smokes in there now.

Would you guys agree?? I'm pretty new to everything, so I'm just being cautious. I "seasoned" my humidor as described on many websites. I have one of the tubes in the humidor as well.
  • bobojobobojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 13
    Sounds like you should be good to go.

I have 4 Hygro-Sets, which are exactly the same as the Humi-Cares, but it sounds like Hygro-Set calibrates them before shipping, and Humi-Care doesn't. Three of mine were dead-on out of the box, and the other was only off by about 3%.
  • JonathanEJonathanE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    I just bought two of the Hygro-Sets. It's a pain trying to keep things consistent out here in the desert!

JDE