Home General Discussion

Thanks for the GREAAT Maduro suggestions

JSRJSR Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7
I appreciate all of you responding to my question about maduros. I have found the the LFD Salamon to be  best thing I have ever smoked, followed (only by a small margin of superiority) by the Comacho Triple Maduros and the Liga Privada No. 9's. I am SET. Perfect!! Everything else pales by comparison. Thank you so much.

Comments

• DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    JSR:
    I appreciate all of you responding to my question about maduros. I have found the the LFD Salamon to be  best thing I have ever smoked, followed (only by a small margin of superiority) by the Comacho Triple Maduros and the Liga Privada No. 9's. I am SET. Perfect!! Everything else pales by comparison. Thank you so much.
    Keep sampling there are many that are soooo good!
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Oh man, those three are amazing. Next on your list, if I may suggest, is the LFD Double Ligero Maduro Chisel. Trust me! :) Eat a good meal first.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Sounds like you went for the good stuff right away. Thatta boy. I promise, the Tatuaje's that use a Broadleaf Maduro (and actually ALL Don Pepin made sticks that use the Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro) are really good. Try a 7th Reserva, and a Petite Cazadores reserva especially. Also, Pepin is making a cigar, with that wrapper, from Miami Cigar Co. called La Sirena, that is getting crazy hype and reviews so far. I have sample in my humidor, and it smells amazing. Sweet barnyard to the max.

The Oliva Serie V Maduro is awesome, if you can find the 2009 sticks. The 2010s smoke like they might need some age before really hitting their full potential. If you can find them at MSRP, you NEED to try a Fuente Anejo also, if you want to real, top notch maduro experience.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    I missed the original suggestion thread, but wanted to suggest the Ashton Aged Maduro if nobody had. Easily my favorite maduro out there.

• RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    TatuajeVI:
    Oh man, those three are amazing. Next on your list, if I may suggest, is the LFD Double Ligero Maduro Chisel. Trust me! :) Eat a good meal first.

These are currently my favs for sure ! KICK ASS SMOKE!
    Here I am Smoking one with Litto Gomez Himself the Owner of LFD ! Doesnt Get any better than this!
    Photobucket
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Redtailhawkoz:
    TatuajeVI:

Here I am Smoking one with Litto Gomez Himself the Owner of LFD ! Doesnt Get any better than this!
    Photobucket

Great pic Ozzie ...
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    How did I miss this thread? Maduros are a newfound like of mine.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    lol, seems to be the season for this sort of thing - I've recently started coming around to maduro's after I had a MOW Armada warmed me up to them, then a second MOW Armada, followed by an AVO No. 3 Maduro sealed the deal :)
    Armada is not a maduro.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    docbp87:
    Armada is not a maduro.
    Since maduro is a process, it's debatable whether the Armada is or isn't. Because it's up in the air, I refer to it as a maduro
  • nikostewartnikostewart Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 451
    xmacro:
    docbp87:
    Armada is not a maduro.
    Since maduro is a process, it's debatable whether the Armada is or isn't. Because it's up in the air, I refer to it as a maduro
    Per Ccom description. "Ecuadorian Sumatra maduro wrapper"

but I also read "Cameroon, Sumatra, and Connecticut-seed tobacco produces thin leaves and cannot be fermented into maduro wrappers"

Per Alex, "It is certainly as dark of a Sumatra Ecuador wrapper you will find and if there is such thing as a Sumatra Ecuador maduro this is it. For that reason I am comfortable calling it a maduro but I am certainly aware that there are opposing opinions and I am totally fine with that"

Seems to me they figured out a way to make a maduro Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper

To each his own

The controversy continues...
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Camacho Triple Maduro is a GREAT smoke...never had the LFD though...gonna have to try and find one of those.
  • JSRJSR Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7
    Next on my list my good man. Thx.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Redtailhawkoz:
    TatuajeVI:

Photobucket
    Man am I jealous! Awesome pics, Ozzie!
    xmacro:
    docbp87:
    Armada is not a maduro.
    If it went through maduro processing, it is a maduro. According to Tim, in the November 3rd Video, the wrapper is not maduro processed at all...