Home General Discussion

Scum Sites

kaelariakaelaria Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 572
http://cigarobsession.com/world-of-co/scum-sites/ You know, some people/companies in the cigar industry simply do not need/deserve to be here. A prime example are those that try to make a quick buck off other’s work. At the risk of giving them more exposure I would like to introduce you to a Scum Site, http://best-cigar-online-store.com/ Why you ask? Well simply take a quick look and it will be quite obvious. Yes folks, they have completely ripped off my look and feel to try and make a quick buck off unsuspecting consumers. They steal content, put up lots of ads, rip off my look and are probably quite happy with themselves. While I’m a *bit* flattered, mostly just disappointed that someone would do that. What do you all think? BTW this site is flying cigar.com banners.

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Honestly it shows a real lack of taste.

• undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    That sucks Bryan. I went to the page and I'm not sure what they are trying to do. If it doesn't fail soon, we'll figure a way to take it down.
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    Brian I love your reviews keep them coming. Ya looked at the site wow lack of originality or what. Your not to be replaced! Keep up the good work!
  • kaelariakaelaria Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 572
    Well here’s what I can find so far – if anyone wants to help and dig some more by all means… The site belongs to Carlos Schweinfurth from Duluth, GA. He is also running similar scum sites LIBERTEES.COM, cgsco.net and cgscollc.com no doubt rip offs of other sites as well. Both are littered with ads and affiliate banners the same as his copy of my site is. listed emails, although not all apparently working at this time are: cgsco.com@gmail.com cgsco@libertees.com libertees@yahoo.com cschwein@DEKALB.DC.PEACHNET.EDU and here’s the douchebag’s Facebook and Linkdin: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=783914476 http://www.linkedin.com/pub/carlos-schweinfurth/10/A29/777 Hey Carlos – suck it.
  • ellinasellinas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 329
    LOL you would think that they would have chosen something a little less similar. I do have a question though, i used to make and pay for forums quite often and sometimes you are offered certain skins for your forums, so it's easy for more than one site/forum to end up with the same skin. so my question is, did you have your skin made for you or did you pick out of a selection or something of that nature?
  • kaelariakaelaria Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 572
    It's a free template through the wordpress network, that I tweaked to be customized somewhat for the site. I made sure when I put the site up that it was unlike any other cigar site. His is out of the box uncustomized. I'm not pissed about the template per se, that's fair game although still - lame. It's just clear that it was a calculated thing. It would be like a cigar forum opening up using this same software and all the same colors.
  • docedwardsdocedwards Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 319
    I looked at his site. His grammar is "unique". If it were my site, I'd be embarrassed. Then I'd have it rewritten or scrap it.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Crap, that really sucks. Really low too. I don't know if you did your site yourself but it looks really nice and you've done a terrific job with it. It looks really professional.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    glad you posted it here Bryan. saw this on facebook and was bummed for you and your hard work
  • ThewelderThewelder Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 679
    Wow the guy sounds like a major pusher for Gothamcigars, and really likes Swisher Sweets.
    "Some top brand cigars like Swisher Sweets stand for prestige and one of the finest smokes in the world."
    "There are some points that you must consider when seeking to purchase top brand cigars like Swisher Sweets on the internet."
    "Needless to state, the best brands in the market are from the manufactures being to these nations some of those admit Rocky Patel, Siwsher Sweets, Gurkha, Ashton and more."
    To each their own but to rip someones site off and do a sup par job of it. This guy is stupid
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    That guy just looks like a total assclown. Want me to whoop his ass?
  • TheedgeTheedge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 316
    I looked at his t-shirt site, he is selling "Christian" themed t-shirts. I've never had good luck dealing with people who mix their religion with business or attire. If I see the little fish symbol on a business card, stuck your vehicle, on your brochure, around your wrist etc. I'm not buying what you're selling. Show me by your deeds, not your duds....hey, I could make a t-shirt out of that.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Theedge:
    I looked at his t-shirt site, he is selling "Christian" themed t-shirts. I've never had good luck dealing with people who mix their religion with business or attire. If I see the little fish symbol on a business card, stuck your vehicle, on your brochure, around your wrist etc. I'm not buying what you're selling. Show me by your deeds, not your duds....hey, I could make a t-shirt out of that.

I'll second that . Show it by your life not your lineup.
    JCizzle:
    That guy just looks like a total assclown. Want me to whoop his ass?

Hahaha JC that reminds me of the Paul Thorn song " Its a great day for me to whoop somebodys ass "
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    kaelaria:
    http://cigarobsession.com/world-of-co/scum-sites/ You know, some people/companies in the cigar industry simply do not need/deserve to be here. A prime example are those that try to make a quick buck off other’s work. At the risk of giving them more exposure I would like to introduce you to a Scum Site, http://best-cigar-online-store.com/ Why you ask? Well simply take a quick look and it will be quite obvious. Yes folks, they have completely ripped off my look and feel to try and make a quick buck off unsuspecting consumers. They steal content, put up lots of ads, rip off my look and are probably quite happy with themselves. While I’m a *bit* flattered, mostly just disappointed that someone would do that. What do you all think? BTW this site is flying cigar.com banners.

I must be missing saomething i cant fiond anything on here ... just your links at the bottom of your page.Whatevr it is from the other Outstanding BOTL i trust on here it sounds crappy!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    What an assclown. Swisher sweets...Really...?
    Swisher Sweets ( Sits with jaw drop bugeyed ) Hahaha