Home General Discussion

Cigars International?

Big ErnBig Ern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 72
I saw an article inside Rolling Stone Magazine in the barber shop.Incredable deal for a 20 count humidor with humidifier and 8 premium cigars including Rocky Patel,5 vegas,Indian tabac,Indios Puro, and a few others i forget.Anyway it was from a company called Cigars International.It isnt ccom,However it has the same exact address in PA but different prices and merchandise.Have any of you heard of this company and if so is it ccom? or maybe a sister company of ccom? Just for conversation sake please let me know.

Comments

• PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    Big Ern:
    I saw an article inside Rolling Stone Magazine in the barber shop.Incredable deal for a 20 count humidor with humidifier and 8 premium cigars including Rocky Patel,5 vegas,Indian tabac,Indios Puro, and a few others i forget.Anyway it was from a company called Cigars International.It isnt ccom,However it has the same exact address in PA but different prices and merchandise.Have any of you heard of this company and if so is it ccom? or maybe a sister company of ccom? Just for conversation sake please let me know.
    They share the same warehouse, my customer service experience with them is horrible, and they dont even ship your stuff with humidification. I'd pay more to deal with CCOM than get discount prices elsewhere. Discount prices often = discounted care and customer service
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    They share a warehouse in PA. Other than that, Alex stated that they are two seperately ran companies that do a little overlapping when it comes to projects, purchases, etc. which I will believe until proven otherwise. If you go to the PA Secretary of State's website, it shows that ccom and CI are owned by the same guys. That makes me say "hmmmm?"
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    PsychoSJG:
    Big Ern:
    They share the same warehouse, my customer service experience with them is horrible, and they dont even ship your stuff with humidification. I'd pay more to deal with CCOM than get discount prices elsewhere. Discount prices often = discounted care and customer service
    Yes, they share the same warehouse, but I think that's where the similarities end. A lot of times the price difference between Ccom and CI are negligible. I would rather pay a little extra because of Ccom's awesome customer service.
  • nikostewartnikostewart Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 451
    To the best of my knowledge they are a subsidiary of Swedish Match and the Distributor for Ccom and many other large online retailers. Thing is, they may be one of the largest distributors of Cigars but their customer service and website do not compare whatsoever to Ccom. I have bought from them and I choose to buy from Ccom almost exclusively now due to the customer service and friendly staff. And you won't find many businesses that have the Cheif Merchant (Alex Svenson) always contributing information for all of us to learn. Just my 2 cents. Best regards
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i dont think i pay more there.

when you call ccom they have a tendency to work with you (especially if you have larger purchases) and usually end up paying less than CI.

... plus better service and humidified shipping.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    aaah...the ol Ccom VS CI is it same company question..... +1 what Kuzi said...
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    Any time a price over at CI has been better than Ccom tim has always sold to me for the cheaper price. I just called or emailed him.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Krieg:
    aaah...the ol Ccom VS CI is it same company question..... +1 what Kuzi said...
    ... I think that says it.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Big Ern:
    Call cigar.com and tell them about the deal and I'm 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999% sure they will match it!
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    Under the same ownership, share a warehouse, different staff. I don't do business with CI, due to their crappy CS. I do 95% of my cigar business with Ccom. I don't really care that they are under the same ownership, but sometimes people flip out when you point it out, which is humorous.
  • Big ErnBig Ern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 72
    Hey fellas thanks alot for the input I agree with you guys all around ccom is 150 percent better. I received that cigar humi combo there were no pillows inside lord only knows the shape the sticks were in i threw em in my 20 count humi and im not gonna touch em for atleast a week. I figured for 20 bucks i get another humi im gonna use for aging plus 8 sticks.S$#t! had i known i would have called ccom to get the deal matched and i would have known the sticks were primo.We live and we learn.... thanks fellas
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Ok, just a thought, but didn't Alex ask us not to discuss competitors sites on the forum? That used to be a rule that we followed pretty well and lately it seems nobody sticks to it anymore. Like has been said in the past, this is a forum created for us free of charge by the guys at Ccom, and it is is poor taste to discuss other retailers on here. That has been the main rule Alex has asked us to follow here.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    CCOM, CI and CBid are all the same company IMO, just different methods of running the business and different client-el...
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 783
    yeah Alex might want to say something to the shipping people my last order came in a CI bag. Not a big deal but if it were a company I was running I would be pissed if someone sent competitors stuff with my merchandise.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    PuroFreak:
    Ok, just a thought, but didn't Alex ask us not to discuss competitors sites on the forum? That used to be a rule that we followed pretty well and lately it seems nobody sticks to it anymore. Like has been said in the past, this is a forum created for us free of charge by the guys at Ccom, and it is is poor taste to discuss other retailers on here. That has been the main rule Alex has asked us to follow here.
    I think most people have been saying that Ccom is better and just out class CI in every way. How would that be bad for Ccom?
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    PuroFreak:
    +1 Please let this thread die!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    rossdavey2:
    PuroFreak:
    I think most people have been saying that Ccom is better and just out class CI in every way. How would that be bad for Ccom?
    Because Alex actually asked us not to mention his competitors on this site. Yes most people have said Ccom is better, but we are still talking about the other sites... Like the old saying goes, "bad press is better than no press." Although BP and Enron might disagree with that one...
  • Big ErnBig Ern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 72
    Hey dude im new here so this is the first im hearing of it.I just posed the question cuz the two companys have the same exact mailing address otherwise I would have stuck with the basic ccom conversation and never brought it up in the first place ya know? sorry if i stepped on any toes out there and dont worry cigar.com youll always be #1 in my book.Now lets kill this thread shall we?
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    I've spoke with Alex about this a few times. And without saying too much, Ccom has it's own independent marketing and sales teams that compete directly with CI, Cbid and all other wholesale on-line catalog cigar companies. None of them are "in cahoots".

We all know that there are many cigar places on the web and on the street that we can choose to buy our cigars from. It's no wonder why so many folks come back to Ccom time and time again. It's the passion, customer care and competitiveness that sets them apart from the rest.

• jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    zeebra:
    CCOM, CI and CBid are all the same company IMO, just different methods of running the business and different client-el...

Not true. I asked that question to a CS rep at CBid and was told that they all share the same fulfillment center but that's the only connection. I also pointed out to her that CCom shipped sticks along with moisture pillows and suggested they do the same. Was told they'd look into it.

Marty

• asolomonasolomon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 127
    Alright alright! The more relevant question is this: Does CCOM have a similar deal nowadays? I seem to recall them doing these things from time to time. And if they do... erm... do they ship internationally? :D
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    asolomon:
    Alright alright! The more relevant question is this: Does CCOM have a similar deal nowadays? I seem to recall them doing these things from time to time. And if they do... erm... do they ship internationally? :D
    not any more to the second question
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    kuzi16:
    i dont think i pay more there.

when you call ccom they have a tendency to work with you (especially if you have larger purchases) and usually end up paying less than CI.

... plus better service and humidified shipping.
    Yep. This has been my experience. Even if CI has something on sale online, CCom has, in my experience always been able to sell most stuff at their price or in some cases lower, and when you really beg, and what not, I've even been comped shipping once or twice when I was feeling really spendy. Lol. Also, I would MUCH rather deal with Kelly, or Tim, or Andy, or anyone else at CCom (though I think those are the only people I've ever dealt with personally) than deal with CI. I know that the guy who does the Jam is sometimes active on the banter, but compared to the kind of interaction, and feedback we get from the staff at CCom, there is basically no comparison. Alex's involvement on the board lately, especially, has been AWESOME. One of my favorite things about the Cigar hobby is that I can hop on twitter, and ask Dion a question about a blend of his I'm smoking, and he will actually respond, and want to chit chat about it. Same goes, of course, for the people here.

As for the connection, CI and CCom share a warehouse, and are owned by the same company, who also owns numerous MAJOR cigar related companies. I think ultiamtely it all falls under Swedish Match, or one of those Swedish whatevers. Which makes sense, considering that Alex is a.k.a. The Big Swede... ;)
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    I wondered about this, too, as CI sends me their catalog. What I've gathered is that, while CI has a larger stock, most of what's different seems to be crap. All the good cigars are available here at CCOM. I believe this probably represents discriminating taste, and appreciate the effort of the staff here to cull out the crap.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    I've always looked at it this way ...... CI runs these deals on a humidor and 8 sticks for whatever they are in magazines and mass distributed coupon books . They are really just trying to bring people into the hobby and do an ok job at it . Then people evolve and find other places like CCOM and prefer to deal with them . In the end its all very similar to Nascar ...... You have the really bad places thats the truck series, and then the mediocre places thats bucsh/nationwide series, and then the upper echelon places would be the Sprint/Nextel/Winston Cup series. Just my two cents
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 882
    I say who cares if they are the same owners or not. CCOM is better we all know that. CCOM does have the same deal the OP was talking about. I agree with everyone else Drop the thread who cares how they are related we all by from CCOM or our B&M.

Done
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    i'm drinking a big cup of who really cares. we all know CCom has the best service, PERIOD. CCom FTW
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    dennisking:
    i'm drinking a big cup of who really cares. we all know CCom has the best service, PERIOD. CCom FTW
    +1 and make mine a double!