Home General Discussion

Andy D. dissing cigars?!

One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
Not really, I think it was just an "oops" moment, but I did get a chuckle when I read in my new catalog that came yesterday, "This classic blend is more reliable then Ole Faithful and NEVER FAILS TO DISAPPOINT."

I don't know about you guys, but I don't want a cigar that always disappoints! Just having some fun, Andy. Keep up the good work.

Comments

• ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    One2gofst:
    Not really, I think it was just an "oops" moment, but I did get a chuckle when I read in my new catalog that came yesterday, "This classic blend is more reliable then Ole Faithful and NEVER FAILS TO DISAPPOINT."

I don't know about you guys, but I don't want a cigar that always disappoints! Just having some fun, Andy. Keep up the good work.
    LMAO!!! I'm waiting on my new catalog and can't wait to read this
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Ha. Who edits this thing anyway? LOL
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    excellent, can't wait to try the cigar! ;)
  • Andrew DzikoskiAndrew Dzikoski BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 338
    It should have read or well been rewritten "and will never disappoint" Josh does the editing but I guess we both missed it. I caught it myself today I was praying no one would notice. It's a good smoke don't worry.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    One2gofst:
    more reliable then Ole Faithful and NEVER FAILS TO DISAPPOINT."

This is what I say to chicks at bars. Never fails to not succeed.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    It should have read or well been rewritten "and will never disappoint" Josh does the editing but I guess we both missed it. I caught it myself today I was praying no one would notice. It's a good smoke don't worry.
    With so many catalogs out there, you better pray pretty hard !
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Smelko was working too hard on his articles and wanted to make your stuff look bad. If I were you I'd be bitter.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    LMFAO. Oooops. I had to reread it a few times and think about it. I completely missed it. STOP THE PRESSES!!!!! Always wanted to say that. Well at least a typo there vs the typo on the Camacho PreEmbargo price last book, still looking my wounds on that deal.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    It's actually a cunning plan, if sales slow down because of the typo they'll do a killer deal to blow them out the door.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    I have to admit that when I first read it in the catalog, what it really said didn't hit me - I just glossed over it without a second thought. Even when I saw this thread i was like, 'what typo', then had to read it again before I realized the error. I think it's hilarious and even more hilarious that everyone (including the AUTHOR and the BOSS) are on here laughing about it!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Hmm seems it's going around. I was just glancing at the Cuba Libre one and noticed in bold letters it says the NICA LIBRE ONE.

• GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    Alex Svenson:
    LMFAO. Oooops. I had to reread it a few times and think about it. I completely missed it. STOP THE PRESSES!!!!! Always wanted to say that. Well at least a typo there vs the typo on the Camacho PreEmbargo price last book, still looking my wounds on that deal.

I gotta ask, what was the typo on the PE's?
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    5 plus a herfador for $50
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Goldy:
    Alex Svenson:

I gotta ask, what was the typo on the PE's?
    Never mind this has been answered
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    One2gofst:
    Very nice! Now that you mention that I think I do recall seeing that and thinking it was an amazing deal, a little too amazing.
  • badge54fdbadge54fd Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 242
    zoom6zoom:
    It's actually a cunning plan, if sales slow down because of the typo they'll do a killer deal to blow them out the door.

Does that make them cunning linguists?

• badge54fdbadge54fd Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 242
    badge54fd:
    zoom6zoom:

Does that make them cunning linguists?

was reading through old threads..
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    One2gofst:
    now that is a typo!!!
  • drpepperdudedrpepperdude Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 298
    Alex Svenson:

You mean still licking your wounds. :P Typos still abound. I will edit your catalogs for cigars. Have your people call my people! We'll do lunch! Film at 11!