Home General Discussion

Toughest cigar ever?

The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
Got a shipment of my beloved CCom Purple Labels last week, and couldnt resist - had to smoke one the next day. Luckily enough, I was working an outside job last week! Woke up the next day to completely craptastic conditions - rain, wind, drizzle, fog, even some flurries. Decided to fire one up anyway, and here's what happened....

As you can see - burn was STRAIGHT AS AN ARROW right down to the nub, and the flavor was excellent too. Right off the truck. In some truly crappy cigar smoking conditions.

Couldnt help but wonder how many (few?) cigars could have put in a similar or better performance. Anyone else have a similar story?

Comments

• smokeater187smokeater187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    i just got in one of the house blend sampler packs this gives me reassurance to maybe fire one up tomorrow!!!
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    I've got some purple labels in my cart awaiting my next order, basically because of all the raving you've been doing about them! I'm always on the lookout for good, affordable smokes and I certainly smoke in some crap-tastic conditions myself. Nice pics! On a side note I just smoked a perfectly stored JdN antano that burned crap-tastic in perfect conditions...come on purple labels!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    Just got 6 robusto's in today on top of the 6 torps a few weeks back ...... I sent two to Brett aka The Cank in his secret santa package ...... cant wait for better smoking conditions here to fire a few up ..... I really enjo the blue label as well ..... Two freakin amazing connies ............
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Nice shots Sniper ...
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Every Ccom label I've smoked has had a near perfect burn. It's one cigar I know will burn well even when sitting in a hot tub.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    I had a sungrown label while I was shoveling out my driveway and extra parking space and sidewalk it got snow on it, chomped down on while I was using both hands to shovel and it didn't give me any issues. What else would we expect from the company that has The Beard though? lol
  • nikostewartnikostewart Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 451
    I get my order of Purple labels today for my enjoyment.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Hmm never had a Purple Label..........might have to try one of those!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Nice pics. I really dig the Red and Blue. I have found that the blue is great right away but it takes some time for the Red to pick up. I find that after a year or so they are hugley fantastic. I have to give the purple another try though.
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    I smoked a cigar in hurricane Earl that burned nearly perfect the entire time while I was standing under a tarp. Cant recall what the stick was, maybe a R&J Viejo
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    bigharpoon:
    I've got some purple labels in my cart awaiting my next order, basically because of all the raving you've been doing about them!!
    Did you hear that Tim? Did you hear that Alex?

***cough cough cough jobwithccom cough cough cough***.... :-D

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    The Sniper:
    bigharpoon:
    I've got some purple labels in my cart awaiting my next order, basically because of all the raving you've been doing about them!!
    Did you hear that Tim? Did you hear that Alex?

***cough cough cough jobwithccom cough cough cough***.... :-D

Imagine the bombs you could sent out then. Wink [;)]
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    All the 2 for 1 purple labels are gone! Drats!
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    Any Nub will you give you a perfect burn every time regardless of conditions.