Home General Discussion

Am I a sell out?

Big ErnBig Ern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 72
Being that I enjoy sweet and infused cigars mostly, even prefer them,Does that make me a sell out? I also very much enjoy regular traditional cigars like cohibas,punch,5 vegas,and many others I just really like infused and flavored cigars what do you think? keep in mind also I just started really getting into the cigar world heavy like 9 months ago.So im thinking maybe my palate hasnt fully matured yet ya know?

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Or you could just liked infused cigars.
    Hell I like sugar and cream in my coffee, doesn't mean I like Starbucks. Catch my drift?

• nikostewartnikostewart Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 451
    I think it just comes down to personal taste. If you enjoy infused cigars, so be it. Maybe with time your palate will adapt and you may start to enjoy more traditional cigars. I find that the place and mood really helps set the tone for what I plan on smoking. To each his own. Best Regards
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    I say smoke what you like!! Drew estate is like the 3rd highest grossing cigar company in the world(facts might no be exact on numbers but close) so your not alone on your love for the infused cigar. I think people who look down on people that smoke infused cigars are no different than the asses that look down on anything thats not Cuban. I personally think every infused cigar I have smoked is crap but I know people who say the same about Padilla which is one of my favorite lines so it all boils down to each to his own.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    I don't think any of that makes you a "sell out". In my mind the only thing in the cigar world that would make you a "sell out" is if you said, "I only smoke Cuban Cigars" or " I only smoke cigars that CA rates 90 or higher" or the like.

Infused cigars from Drew Estates are premium cigars with nothing but premium tobacco. I personally don't enjoy them and most guys who have been smoking for a while do not either but some do and I don't look down on them. The infused cigars do have a stigma attached to them that they are newbie cigars but this is not alwaysw true.

You may be correct that your palate hasn't fully developed but at the same time you may always enjoy an infused stick or you may find that as you develop you like a sweeter cigar OR it is possible that your tastes could change dramatically.

When I first started I almost exclusively liked the dark chocolate, sweeter tasting maduros (hence the name). Now its rare that I want a cigar like that, I lean towards powerful, spicy, peppery cigars. But I know guys who have smoked for many years and still enjoy the same cigars they did when they first started. Everyone is unique.
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    it just means you're most likely a raging bender.

only joking, everyone's tastes are different, thats what makes this hobby so awesome.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Infused cigars may catch a lot of grief on these boards, but you gotta know that it's just our preference - you smoke infused cigars, and that's your preference - don't let anyone tell you different. Cigars are like wine or art, to each his own - no one can tell you what you like, and no one can tell you what to smoke.

Like the guys above me have said - smoke what you like, and don't let anyone tell you what you "should" like.

• Big ErnBig Ern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 72
    no doubt dude thanks for the piece of mind puttin that ish in perspective for me i like that analogy bro.I feel alot better already
  • Big ErnBig Ern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 72
    thanks to everyone wasnt sure what to expect.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Hey B.E. You like what you like.. Keep trying different things with an open mind, your tastes will expand and develop. ( Hey Maddy nice to see you Bro. )
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    kaspera79:
    Hey Maddy nice to see you Bro.
    You too you old fucker.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    madurofan:
    kaspera79:
    Hey Maddy nice to see you Bro.
    You too you old fucker.
    Ditto buddy, it's been too long. How's it goin'?

On topic, I like me some Tabak Especial or Java Maduros every once in a while.

• leonardleonard Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 359
    Smoke what you like.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    If you look on cigar web sites, most of them have a "Top 10" or "Best Sellers" or some such list on their home page - and Drew Estates / ACID cigars are ALWAYS on them. So you are definitely not alone in enjoying them Ern.

To each their own.

• gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    kaspera79:
    Hey B.E. You like what you like.. Keep trying different things with an open mind, your tastes will expand and develop. ( Hey Maddy nice to see you Bro. )

I still like DE Java and Tabak Especial , always have some around ( in a seperate humidor of course ) ... haha MAAADDDDY you 'ol fart where ya been !?!?!?
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    I'm still pretty new to this and have not tried an infused cigar, but I would try it just like any other cigar. If I like it, I'll buy more. End of story.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    This one thing is certain about your cigar palate, it will change some over time. Not saying you will give up the flavored stuff, just saying it will change some over time and you never know what you will be smoking in a few years
  • smokeater187smokeater187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    as for my experience i think my first stick was a kuba kuba deluxe....i do like to have a acid every once and a while and i love the isla del sols especially in the summer afternoon...but i will have to say that every time that i have one it takes a second to adjust to the sweetened cap and the initial taste, but i do enjoy them.
  • vvandallvvandall Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2
    If you stopped smoking what you like because of what someone else thinks ...... THAT would make you a sellout.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    vvandall:
    If you stopped smoking what you like because of what someone else thinks ...... THAT would make you a sellout.
    +1. Well said.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    I think everybody has different tastes and preferences. To be honest, I'd rather have a cigar smoker who likes flavored cigars rather than lose another BOTL...
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    xmacro:
    vvandall:
    +1. Well said.
    +2 Just keep on keeping on man.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    sol1821:
    it just means you're most likely a raging bender.
    Man, every time I read one of your posts I actually 'hear' it with a British accent. Freakin love it.

Having said that, please translate to American.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    im not really sure how one can really be a "sell out" if they smoke what they like.
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    My brother in law would always smoke with me and I'd give him something that I wasn't a big fan of out of my humi. Then for x-mas last year, I got him a twenty count and sampler and he started enjoying cigars more and more. Now, he's to the point where he'll have one cigar a week and a few per week in the warmer months. About six months ago, he ordered the Acid Sampler from ccom just because he thought the name was cool and figured he can't tell the difference between cigars anyways. Now, that's all he smokes. At first, I gave him a little grief for it but after the first few I quit. I realized he was enjoying his acid as much as I enjoyed my cigar and was relaxed and enjoying life. Isn't that what it's all about?