Home General Discussion

Xikar Customer Service

ThewelderThewelder Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 679
Man I love this company as much as I love C.com. I have a beech wood Xi3 cutter my girlfriend got me last year for Christmas, and it locked up. I couldn't even open it, so I sent it into Xikar to get it fixed. Couldn't believe it, the guys didn't even fix it. They replaced it!. I know they replaced an 80 dollar cutter! This company is 2nd only to C.com for customer service.

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    I've had similar experiences with Xikar. Their customer service is awesome. Some of their products unfortunately aren't. The Xi3 with wood handles is one of those products that just isn't that great. Get used to returning it fairly regularly as the handles will break, fall off or otherwise have issues. I have the Xi3 redwood and have had to send it back 3 times. Its been relegated to a special occasion cutter.

My Xikar MTX multi tool is a whole different story. I love that thing like a child.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    madurofan:
    I've had similar experiences with Xikar. Their customer service is awesome. Some of their products unfortunately aren't. The Xi3 with wood handles is one of those products that just isn't that great. Get used to returning it fairly regularly as the handles will break, fall off or otherwise have issues. I have the Xi3 redwood and have had to send it back 3 times. Its been relegated to a special occasion cutter.

My Xikar MTX multi tool is a whole different story. I love that thing like a child.
    wow...maddie is back?? and yeah...Xikar is awesome!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I have the MTX multi-tool, and it is awesome. The only complaint I have is that it doesn't sharpen itsself...
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Xikar is right here in Kansas City and I have visited them twice. Their customer service is exceptional. They take what you send in and find the problem with it. They take the problem to the parts or manufacturing process and work on improving it. It is a continuous process. They will repair that cutter you sent in and make it like new and donate it to our troops. You would think they are a huge company but they are small. They owners and entire staff are so friendly. I have had the great pleasure of sitting down to smoke in their war room and have seen all the new projects they are working on. I won't use any other cutter or lighter. I have a Xi3 Spectra cutter & 2 lighters with zero problems. They told me 90% of the time lighter issues are caused by people using craptastic butane. They usually clean out the lighters and send a free can of Xikar butane back.

jsnake:
    Xikar is right here in Kansas City and I have visited them twice. Their customer service is exceptional. They take what you send in and find the problem with it. They take the problem to the parts or manufacturing process and work on improving it. It is a continuous process. They will repair that cutter you sent in and make it like new and donate it to our troops. You would think they are a huge company but they are small. They owners and entire staff are so friendly. I have had the great pleasure of sitting down to smoke in their war room and have seen all the new projects they are working on. I won't use any other cutter or lighter. I have a Xi3 Spectra cutter & 2 lighters with zero problems. They told me 90% of the time lighter issues are caused by people using craptastic butane. They usually clean out the lighters and send a free can of Xikar butane back.

Xikar butane is actually the only butane I use, would love to get my hands on a Xikar Trezo though.
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    +1 on the whole thread. Great customer service from Xikar for me too.

I also have a buddy who had problems with the Xi3, first one - the blades didn't match exactly, it kept "tearing" a part of the cigar off. Next one had the locking issue. Now he has one that he uses all the time, no issues. Cool that he can get a great product completely replaced. They totally stood behind the sale - awesome.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    cabinetmaker:
    I have the MTX multi-tool, and it is awesome. The only complaint I have is that it doesn't sharpen itsself...
    I just bought my 2nd one. 1 for indoors and 1 to keep outdoors. Yeas, I guess I am just that lazy, LOL.
  • absolutjerabsolutjer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 120
    Love hearing stories like this. I have been looking for a new lighter, but I am picky and hard to please so i have been trying to decide what to buy for about a week. I like to buy nice stuff and do not mind paying a premium for something that is nice from a good company. Thanks for helping me narrow it down to a good brand, now just which lighter to choose!
  • kingtimkingtim Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 18
    Glad to hear they stand behind their products. I have a Xikar lighter that I picked up at my local B&M and it has never worked correctly. The B&M won't replace it- I will try the manufacturer. As far as C.Com I am still waiting to experience this legendary customer service. My wife ordered me some samplers for Christmas which were shipped with zero humidification and arrived dried out. I am trying to revive them slowly however C.Com after being made aware of the problem stated they would not have dried out during shipping. I ordered cigars to be sent to my brother serving in Kuwait and asked specifically about humidification for shipping to a desert and was assured that they would be humidified and would arrive in three days. 12 days later the dry sticks arrived in Kuwait.
    kingtim:
    Glad to hear they stand behind their products. I have a Xikar lighter that I picked up at my local B&M and it has never worked correctly. The B&M won't replace it- I will try the manufacturer. As far as C.Com I am still waiting to experience this legendary customer service. My wife ordered me some samplers for Christmas which were shipped with zero humidification and arrived dried out. I am trying to revive them slowly however C.Com after being made aware of the problem stated they would not have dried out during shipping. I ordered cigars to be sent to my brother serving in Kuwait and asked specifically about humidification for shipping to a desert and was assured that they would be humidified and would arrive in three days. 12 days later the dry sticks arrived in Kuwait.
    did you call customer service? im sure they would fix your issue...
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    kingtim:
    The Xikar retailers are supposed to replace your Xikar no questions asked and no receipt needed. You can take your Xikar to any Xikar retailer and get it replaced. I would call Xikar Customer Service and report this store to them as not upholding the Xikar warranty program.