Home General Discussion

Macanudo Vintage 97

AdcuriumAdcurium Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 170
Happy New Year, Brothers. I got a phone call from one of my buddies who was visiting family down in the Caroliina's. He was excited b/c there was a discount smoke/cigar shop close by (the One with the Two initials in the name... if you get my drift). He asked me if I wanted him to bring me back any cigars. I really didn't need any but he was soo excited to have found the shop that I asked him to bring me back 3 of the Vintage Macanudo with the Stainless steal ring (I couldn't think of anything else I really wnated). 3 of them cost me $28. I don't really know if it was a deal or not, but whatever. So, has anyone tried 'em?

Comments

• t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Haven't tried em yet tho I do have a few resting. Be interested to see what you think.
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    Decent smoke. Not a whole lot of flavor, but it's a Macanudo so its no surprise. It's nice and smooth, and I did enjoy it
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    PsychoSJG:
    Decent smoke. Not a whole lot of flavor, but it's a Macanudo so its no surprise. It's nice and smooth, and I did enjoy it
    macanudo is a brand that i need to try again since i have re-discovered a love for mild cigars.

i dont know if they will be any better than "regular" macanudos but it never hurts to try.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    I've got one resting... JZ was nice enough to gift me one... it smells great and the ring is cool... gonna let it rest and fire it up on MLB Opening Day... it's only fitting since the gift was in honor or my beloved WORLD CHAMPION San Francisco Giants!!!
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Hey Adc-----not a great price, not a bad one. There is another thread in here somewhere about this stick, maybe in the rating and reviews section. It is one of my Top 10 favs right now...and probably my favorite new release in 2010. Not as "ordinary" if you will, as other Mac's Ive tried. Most people here had good things to say if I remember, look around for the thread if you remember.

I have smoked about 4 so far. Medium bodied stick with a great burn and draw. Nicely constructed and very oily. Initially, you expect it to be fuller flavor but it quickly mellows to a chocolately/nutty taste with a real creamy profile for not being a very light colored wrapper. Stays cool throughout the smoke and I think it will age very well also. Hope you enjoy, lets us know.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
  • nikostewartnikostewart Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 451
    I really wanted to pick some of these up but I had to fight the urge to spend all of my money on cigars over the holidays! Would really like to try this one out though. Hope you enjoy!
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    good cigar, band is a pain in the ass trying to get it glued to your cigar dossier though. ;)
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    It was a mac. Nothing spectacular. And it's not that it's a mild cigar, I just found it to be a typical mac: slightly overpriced for a flavorless, mild cigar. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a mild cigar as long as it has flavor. I just find macs to be very flat and one dimensional. Even their newer, "fuller bodied, fuller flavored cigars for the seasoned cigar smoker."

That being said, price point should be between 8 and 10, depending on the size you got and the taxes in the area, so it sounds like you did ok there.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    I enjoyed this cigar. 3 for $28.00 is no deal. I think the stick is overpriced at $8.00. Should be a $5.00 smoke in my opinion.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Right now the value in these is finding them. The first shipment sold out fast from the factory and the next allocation to retailers is 3 months away. It has been very popular.
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    Alex, do you know if the blend will change at all in the rush to get them back out on the market? This is a legitimate concern of mine as I'd like get a box to store away.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    No sir. They are not rushing the blend. the delay from what i understand is on packaging