Home General Discussion

Smoked my first OPUS X XXX

letashaneletashane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 28
On my way back from South Carolina, stopped by JR's off of I-95, Exit 97. Picked up a OPUS X. Me and my girl smoked it headed towards DC. It was pretty nice. Pretty smooth. It canoed on us a little, but nothing we could not fix. My girl made a comment that it didn't leave much of an after taste as other cigars she has smoked. Anyway, thought I would share.......

Comments

• ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    I fully expect one of these to be in my desk drawer next time I come in after you have been in. That is all....lol
  • letashaneletashane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 28
    lol, I will pick you one up my next trip....
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    No need for that. I'm glad to hear you liked it. I know you have really been looking forward to try an Opus X.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Was it from this year's release (I assume so, as I cannot imagine a huge outlet like JR not moving those)? I'm interested to hear how this year's Opus are smoking this young. Sounds like it couldn't have been bad haha.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    docbp87:
    Was it from this year's release (I assume so, as I cannot imagine a huge outlet like JR not moving those)? I'm interested to hear how this year's Opus are smoking this young. Sounds like it couldn't have been bad haha.
    I haven't smoked one from this year, but a co-worker has. Said it was pretty bitter. I got a couple gifted to me. Looks like they're napping till next Christmas......
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    We're all better with a little rest?
  • MephistoMephisto Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 508
    I had one of this year's for christmas. It was very nice, smooth, and flavorful. It was my first and it lived up to all my expectations, even though I had to relight it like a hundred times.
  • smokeater187smokeater187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    cooch36:
    We're all better with a little rest?
    well said brother
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    I still have not smoked a opus even after all these years of hearing great things about them
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Mephisto:
    I had to relight it like a hundred times.
    A common issue with Opus, secret is to leave the ash on until it actually falls off, don't ash it, this will keep it hot enough to burn properly...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Diamondog:
    Mephisto:
    I had to relight it like a hundred times.
    A common issue with Opus, secret is to leave the ash on until it actually falls off, don't ash it, this will keep it hot enough to burn properly...
    that and age. if you keep your humidity at 68% and have a few years on them, you will have an over all better smoke.
    i dont really even like OpusX any younger than a year. 2+ is even better.
  • nikostewartnikostewart Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 451
    I really need to try one of these when I get a chance!
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    I have never shelled out the bucks for one of these, guess I will have to try one to see if the hype squares up.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    They really aren't that expensive if you find them at a B&M that sells them for MSRP (which they all should, but don't)
  • letashaneletashane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 28
    docbp87:
    Not really sure.. I will be sure to ask the next time.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Dang it how did I forget to stop at JRs!!!!

• ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    stephen_hannibal:
    Dang it how did I forget to stop at JRs!!!!

You didn't miss much, bro. I stopped there on Friday on my way up to VA Beach. They have the usual stuff that you can find on their site and the new release of Opus. That's about it really. But they still have the crappy customer service that I have come to know them for, as well as the cheap/nasty knock-off brands that really get under my skin (they are so awful, and overpriced because they market them as "cubans"). I did pick up a little something that I haven't seen anywhere else and at a pretty nice price, but the stop wasn't really worth it because they still treated me like I knew nothing and like they didn't need my business.
  • ellinasellinas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 329
    lilwing88:
    docbp87:
    I haven't smoked one from this year, but a co-worker has. Said it was pretty bitter. I got a couple gifted to me. Looks like they're napping till next Christmas......
    i had one last night with 2 other friends and all of us thought it was bitter and wasnt as great as last years we couldnt compare them to any other previous years because we havent had any from the others.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    lilwing88:
    docbp87:
    Marty if I threw one in with the package I sent you....can't remember if it was an opus or anejo.....they had some time on them already but if you can let them rest that long they will be even better.