Home General Discussion

good starter cigar or cigars

JarvisJarvis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6
Hi all
I was wondering what is a good cigar/ cigars that is also good value for money and to be honest i havent got the biggest of bugets.
Thanks for for your welcome on the introduction i hope to become a bigger player in this forum as soon as i get everything sorted, hell i might even try some reviews of my own down the line.
Thanks guys and girls

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Depends what kind of cigars you like. Reposado '96 is a great deal (though you need to let them rest a bit before they get good). 5 Vegas is a great budget line of cigars - very cheap, but very good for the price, they're a favorite of most of us. You might also try Gran Habano Vintage; great deal for a great stick. Bear in mind that all the cigars mentioned on these boards are premiums - no one smokes dog rockets/garcia y vega or swishers here.
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    what sort of stuff have you smoked already??

bu dum tish.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Jarvis:
    Hi all I was wondering what is a good cigar/ cigars that is also good value for money and to be honest i havent got the biggest of bugets. Thanks for for your welcome on the introduction i hope to become a bigger player in this forum as soon as i get everything sorted, hell i might even try some reviews of my own down the line. Thanks guys and girls
    I would recommend the Cigar.com cigar sampler pack. Great smokes, and a good price. My favorites are the Brazilian and Red Label.
  • ellinasellinas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 329
    ccom house blends sampler pack. 5 vegas has some good but cheap cigars such as the 5 vegas classic. Everyday you should read the opinions on the daily deal because those save you money and are sometimes AWESOME deals.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Check out the 5 Vegas line, good range of body and very wallet friendly...
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    ellinas:
    ccom house blends sampler pack. 5 vegas has some good but cheap cigars such as the 5 vegas classic. Everyday you should read the opinions on the daily deal because those save you money and are sometimes AWESOME deals.

+1 on the house blend sampler. It'll give you a wide array of quality handmade cigars each with its own diffrent flavor. And CCOM does not put their name on crap!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    If you aren't looking for cheaper cigars but just good mild body but full flavor cigars, I'd suggest going with the Cabaiguan by Tatuaje. Fantastic mild cigar and in my opinion about the best Connecticut wrapped cigar on the market.
  • RoyalCigarsRoyalCigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 106
    This is the beauty of ccom, you don't have to have the biggest budget. Keep your eyes peeled for daily deals that strike your interest as well as e-mail offers, and weekend blitzes. Weekend blitzes are a deal on a group of hand picked premium smokes that have been cut in price by as much as 60% or maybe more over suggested retail. Weekend blitzes are a good way to try some cigars you otherwise may not have the budget for. The e-mail offers are usually for top end or limted smokes. This is nice to take advantage of if you want something special. Other than that, check out Diesel (if your in the mood for something strong), Nicaraguan or Honduran Primeros, Private Stock (Davidoff Seconds), Alec Bradley 1997 Harvest Selection. And ccom has a selection of Seguendos (Seconds) and Value type Bundled cigars.
    Welcome to Cigar.com
    Regards and Long Ashes!

Neal J.

• JarvisJarvis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6
    Yeah will do, have tried davidoff seconds, rocky patel fusion, sol cubana cuban cabient, 5 vegas limtada i think?. But my fav so far was a romeo and juileita looking for something with the same favours and body as that, the ccom purple band looks nice anyone got any views on them?
  • AdcuriumAdcurium Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 170
    Can never go wrong with the Ccom sampler.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Diamondog:
    Check out the 5 Vegas line, good range of body and very wallet friendly...
    +1. 5 Vegas is a great introduction to the hobby.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Krieg:
    Jarvis:
    Hi all I was wondering what is a good cigar/ cigars that is also good value for money and to be honest i havent got the biggest of bugets. Thanks for for your welcome on the introduction i hope to become a bigger player in this forum as soon as i get everything sorted, hell i might even try some reviews of my own down the line. Thanks guys and girls
    I would recommend the Cigar.com cigar sampler pack. Great smokes, and a good price. My favorites are the Brazilian and Red Label.
    what he said

also as others have mentioned 5 vegas, Fuente Gran Reserva, Oliva.
  • nikostewartnikostewart Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 451
    Some great suggestions here! 5 Vegas and Ccom blends are a great starting point
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Oliva series O mild to medium.. and Rocky Patel Connecticut come to mind as a friendly mild cigars. Both offer great taste and price.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    I am the king of budget cigar buying, just keep reading everything you can here about cigars and start buying Daily Deals and special offers and you can smoke good cigars at a reasonable price.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Jarvis:
    Yeah will do, have tried davidoff seconds, rocky patel fusion, sol cubana cuban cabient, 5 vegas limtada i think?. But my fav so far was a romeo and juileita looking for something with the same favours and body as that, the ccom purple band looks nice anyone got any views on them?
    I think Purple Label will be a satisfying choice for you, given what you've said. Also, Krieg's recommendation to get the sampler will be a good start. Fairly priced representatives of several styles and flavors. Great jumping off place. Have fun!
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    Jarvis:
    with the R&J being your fav so far you might want to try some other maduros.
    then i would suggest buying samplers, and lots of. starting with the AJ dirty dozen.
    oh and dont forget something nice for the guy who got you into cigars ;);)