Home General Discussion

House Labels

The ColonelThe Colonel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 206

Ok, I admit I have been away from cigars for many years. And not alot in my budget.  Working through a House Label sampler and got to the Cameroon Label today. I think I have found a favorite that I can actually afford... yes Virginia, there is a Santa Clause...

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night.

Comments

• Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    I think those were my first box purchase, pretty nice
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    welcome to the forum bro ...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    The Colonel:

Ok, I admit I have been away from cigars for many years. And not alot in my budget.  Working through a House Label sampler and got to the Cameroon Label today. I think I have found a favorite that I can actually afford... yes Virginia, there is a Santa Clause...

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night.

these age very well also. if you have room in the budget to buy a box and let them sleep for a year or two you will not be disappointed
  • The ColonelThe Colonel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 206

Thanks.. I was wondering about that.. I was afraid if I bought the box I would end up throwing some out..  learning about humidors as I go also.. I do frequent the Tobacconist U site too for info on just keeping the sticks healthy..

• undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    The Colonel:

Thanks.. I was wondering about that.. I was afraid if I bought the box I would end up throwing some out..  learning about humidors as I go also.. I do frequent the Tobacconist U site too for info on just keeping the sticks healthy..

Welcome!! Sealed Tupperware and a couple humi pillows from this site will work just fine too with you just starting out. Heck, I have four humidors filled and probably have more cigars in Tupperware myself.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    I love me some Sungrown label! I also enjoy the Brazilian and Red label as well. CCOM House Blends are awesome!
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    ENFIDL:
    I love me some Sungrown label! I also enjoy the Brazilian and Red label as well. CCOM House Blends are awesome!
    +1 and welcome back.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    I've only had one Sungrown and I thought it was aweful. I have another picked out that will most likely be on the block for today. The only house blend that I have really enjoyed enough to buy more of was the Brazilian. I think those things in the corona size are pretty tasty. I haven't had one in a while but I like them quite a bit.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    ejenne87:
    I've only had one Sungrown and I thought it was aweful. I have another picked out that will most likely be on the block for today. The only house blend that I have really enjoyed enough to buy more of was the Brazilian. I think those things in the corona size are pretty tasty. I haven't had one in a while but I like them quite a bit.
    Agreed, mostly. Brazilian in the corona and purple in the robusto are the places to be in CCom house blends, IMHO.

• docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    The house blend sampler was actually the first thing I bought from CCom, because I was not a cigar smoker at the time, but was very very interested in getting into it. To sort of dip my toe in the water, the $15 or whatever the sampler cost at the time seemed like a perfect way to learn the differences between different types of cigars, since the house blends are available in such a wide variety of blends. It turned out to be the perfect introduction to serious cigar smoking, since it truly did teach me something that words written in a magazine, or online couldn't, specifically, the difference in taste between say, a Cameroon wrapper, and a Brazilian Maduro, and a Connecticut Shade Grown. I think that the Brazilian label is the best blended, and most consistent, but when you get a good Cameroon or Cuban label, they can be great as well. Oh, and the Corojo blend is a great way for a new smoker to try a Pepin blend without spending any significant money.
  • letashaneletashane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 28
    All sounds interesting. I think I will have to try some house blends....
    t_evan50:
    ENFIDL:
    +1 and welcome back.
    For the record Troy turned me onto the Red Label. Thanks again brother!
    letashane:
    All sounds interesting. I think I will have to try some house blends....
    I got ya man. I think I have a Cameroon Label in my bag, I'll send it home with ya if I do.
  • letashaneletashane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 28
  • RoyalCigarsRoyalCigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 106
    Another option after a heavy meal is the Corojo house blend, blended by Don Pepin. Nice full bodied and spicy! My favorite one in the line. Pickup up a couple robustos and givem a try.
  • nikostewartnikostewart Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 451
    I want to try out some of the house blends as I am going to need some affordable cigars for the upcoming wedding.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    The Red and Brazilian labels are my favorite, have u tried any of those yet?
  • nikostewartnikostewart Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 451
    I haven't tried any of them yet, but i might have to order a sampler so I can see which ones I like the best
  • GHausGHaus Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 74
    I really enjoyed the cameroon and cuban, I picked up a box of the cubans also. I wasn't a big fan of the corojo. I also just picked up two blue labels and have been wanting to try the new sun grown. What does everyone think about the sun grown?
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Sun Grown isn't too bad, I think they could benefit with some age though.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    GHaus:
    I really enjoyed the cameroon and cuban, I picked up a box of the cubans also. I wasn't a big fan of the corojo. I also just picked up two blue labels and have been wanting to try the new sun grown. What does everyone think about the sun grown?
    The CCom Sun Grown is different than any other sun grown Ive ever had. Sweeter, prevailing flavor for me was fresh cut grass (!) and was not as strong as others Ive had.

Not bad, but different.

• docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    GHaus:
    What does everyone think about the sun grown?
    It is sweet, and earthy, but it has an unpleasant acidic character to it (I've smoked a handful of the Churchills), that I think will fade with some age to them. The consistency in terms of construction has also varied greatly from one stick to the next for me. In some cases I have even had the filler basically fall apart as I'm smoking them (the perils of mixed filler...)
  • GHausGHaus Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 74
    Thanks for the good responses guys.