Home General Discussion

Rehumidifying after a move

rugbychirugbychi Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
Greetings. I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but being a military guy it seems that everytime we move I have to store our shipment for a period and then by the time the humidor is unpacked the sticks are at about 50% humidity and dry as can be. I refill the humidor with solution or distilled water but was wondering if there were any other methods, or if I am doing the right thing by basically just sitting and waiting. Thanks for the advice and Merry Christmas.

Comments

• GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    I would recommend buying a bag of humidifying beads. I have a bag in my humidor and it has been steady at 69% for the past 6 months with no additional care. How big is your humidor?
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    How long is your stuff stored before you can get to it? How many sticks do you have? If it's a low number, around 20 or so, you can probably store your sticks in tupperware or a herfador and keep them with you; if it's larger, you may wanna look into bags of beads like Goldy said, along with tupperware or something with a seal that's more airtight than a typical humidor. Merry Christmas and thanks for your service!