Home General Discussion

If you can live with human errors nearly every order, Cigar.com is a good deal

jghackerjghacker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2
If you don't mind all the errors this company makes in placing orders, this site does offer some good deals, but be sure you are ok with sometimes not getting your order in time as promised (ie: free 2 day shipping has turned into 7 days shipping only to be explained with 'I APOLOGIZE").

I should have known when my first shipment, a few years ago, was DOUBLED that their internal processes aren't what they should be. I thought there is no way they can keep making such errors over and over so it has to get better. But here I am, years later and once again frustrated the human on the other end can't seem to take a simple order. Maybe I'll just go back to ordering via the web and take my chances with the computer.

But again, good prices. Maybe they keep the prices down by mischarging and misreprensting what they are selling.

I will probably shop here again, and actually went about 9 months without because I couldn't take the headaches any more.

We'll see...

Cost vs Quality is what you may need to consider. And don't expect they will do anything other than 'apologize'. Those apologies help them keep their cost of resolving issues to a mininum, I suppose - which in turn allows them to keep offering those 'great deals'.

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I don't know what to say. I haven't ever had these problems. The few issues I have had, like a few cracked cigars, were promptly replaced and received the next day and was told to keep the cracked ones. So, not only were they replacing cigars, they covered shipping the new ones and didn't want to the old ones back so they actually lost some money there. That doesn't sound like keeping costs to a minimum to me... But hey, I'm just an IT guy. What do I know?
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Hmmm....errors with my orders have always been the exception rather than the norm and any errors were promptly resolved by Ccom to my satisfaction. In many cases, they have gone above and beyond. I've had a few times where I have received wrong cigars in my order and every time I was told to keep them while they got the correct order to me.

Shipping has never been an issue. I live in Washington state and my orders get to me within 2 business days. The most I've ever had to wait for a Ccom order was 5 business days and that was only once or twice.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Human error will always be a factor with large volume anything....Have you actually called and spoken with a manager?
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 783
    Its the holidays, can't blame Ccom for that all shipping is slower than expected. That being said Never had an issue with Ccom and the staff goes out of their way to hook up a deal so if there ever was an error atleast I know there are great people here to resolve it.
  • Andrew DzikoskiAndrew Dzikoski BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 338
    Joe again I really do apologize for my error. I would be glad to have a new package overnighted to you for Thursday. Give me a call, respond to this post or send me and email and I will take care of it for you.
  • MperconteMperconte Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
    The deals are great and the staff does an excellent job. As for the shipping, you're right, they have issues from time to time. Example: I ordered the Diesel unlimited an 1030 am the other day, later that day, around 1:00 I ordered two gel jars. I called at around 4:30 to have the two orders combined; both were with the 2 day shipping deal. I was told that the 1st order had left the warehouse and there was nothing that they could do. OK, fine! I'll eat the $9.00 for being stupid. Now, the items we 2nd day delivery with a tracking #, that number said that the 1st package got picked up at the warehouse at 2130 hours....HMM...obviously has not left the warehouse at 1600 hours. I got the package 3 days later or 2 business day (on time). I still have not received that gel jars. 12/17/2010 CG0613280 6934821 $74.90 12/17/2010 CG0613362 6935977 $29.85 Overall, it has some pluses and minuses but no real issues to get bent over. Everything that i have ordered over the last several months has been reasonable and in excellent shape (no damages). Overall, I pleased with this company and will continue to make purchases and interact with all on the forums. The deals are off the hook. Now put those God of Fires on the daily block. :)
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Human error is unavoidable, the customer service at Ccom is amazing and if you were to deal with Andrew (or anyone else) directly I'm sure you would realize this. Ccom always makes good on their commitment to quality.
  • Andrew DzikoskiAndrew Dzikoski BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 338
    Michael I do apologize for the inconvenience on those gel jars it looks like they will show up tomorrow. The pick up time listed by ups is just the time of the first scan not when its loaded on one of there trucks. Also looks like the order on those jars came in a 3:29pm and the cut off for same day shipping is at 3pm. I'll see what I can do on the God of Fires for you.
  • leonardleonard Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 359
    I have never had a problem with an order or shipping. Just saying.......................
  • MperconteMperconte Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
    NO worries Andrew...I don't sweat the small stuff. Like i said, I like it here; think i'll stay for a while. :) Just a side note to other readers, just the fact that Ccom's staff is monitoring the message boards should be a testament to its dedication to Customer Service.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    I guess I've been lucky. I oder a lot of cigars because my wife smokes also. The only errors I've ever experienced was not taking the shipping off on free shipping deals and both times that happened, it was corrected immediately.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Just a word of caution, coming to this forum and bashing Ccom will not win you any sympathies and may get you cussed out, just saying! Ccom rocks with me.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    fla-gypsy:
    Just a word of caution, coming to this forum and bashing Ccom will not win you any sympathies and may get you cussed out, just saying! Ccom rocks with me.
    yep
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    fla-gypsy:
    +1

been ordering here for years and i can only thing of 2 issues I have ever had... 1. I order a sampler that was supposed to include an Oliva MB 3 and it didn't, so The Beard overnighted 2 of the MB3's to me... and my first COTM order didn't include the 3 Armada's, but that was quickly rectified... can't say that I have any complaints...
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    fla-gypsy:
    +1 Besides people make mistakes and I've never heard of Ccom not making it right in an over the top manner, such as over-nighting a package to help. There is no better online company as far as customer service goes.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Not only do they make it right, but the one time they messed up my order I came out way ahead!
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    I have never had anything but the best service and quality from CCOM.
    The time when my COTMC arrived without the newsletter Tim made it right. I have placed many orders in the past 4 years and have never had problems.
    CCOM is the best!!!!!!
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    t_evan50:
    fla-gypsy:
    +1 Besides people make mistakes and I've never heard of Ccom not making it right in an over the top manner, such as over-nighting a package to help. There is no better online company as far as customer service goes.
    Totally agree to both points. Been a Ccom customer for ~4 years, and never had a single issue. And if I ever do, I'm 100% confident it would be worked out in a way, I'd be more than satisfied. Ccom is outstanding. no other way to put it.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Sh*t happens, that's a fact of life, but as far as cigar.com goes I've had remarkably few mistakes in three years of ordering. I can pretty much count the problems I've had on one finger.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Never had any problems myself; what I order, I get, and almost always within 2 days if it's shipped via USPS
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    I've placed a few orders and just my last one I had an issue with. About $300 worth of cigars, which were for gifts. A few cigars came damaged, davidoffs, and called and they were suppose to ship them out to me last Friday. I even mentioned I needed them asap so I can re-send them and my gifts will be there before Christmas to my clients. Well, I called today and they just shipped yesterday, which means I get them Wednesday. Which means its too late to get them to my clients before Christmas! I am upset, but there are more important things in life that I'm concerned about....
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Great service from ccom, always. Had an issue once and got 2 to replace the 1 that had the problem. Go *** someplace else.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    fla-gypsy:
    +1

careful around this group..we are very protective of CCOM b/c they take such good care of us!
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    So a large company that fulfills hundreds (if not more) orders a day has a few issues? I guess if their boss was a jerk and micro managed ever aspect of this he could make Ccom a crappy place to work. Unlike other companies when Ccom makes a mistake they fix it and fix it well. They will come on a public forum and say hey we screwed up and now we will make it right. This is by far the best customer service of any online cigar company I have ever dealt with and I have had some really crappy experience with one company in particular. No company is flawless.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    fla-gypsy:
    +1000000
  • TheedgeTheedge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 316
    Being in customer service myself, I can tell you that if I screw up an order for someone.......I'm almost certain to screw up their next order too. I don't know why, it's like some evil bad karma deal. But like cigar dot com, I do my best to make it right in the end. That being said, I've never had an error with cigar dot com. They're tops in my book.
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    jghacker:
    If you don't mind all the errors this company makes in placing orders, this site does offer some good deals, but be sure you are ok with sometimes not getting your order in time as promised (ie: free 2 day shipping has turned into 7 days shipping only to be explained with 'I APOLOGIZE").

I should have known when my first shipment, a few years ago, was DOUBLED that their internal processes aren't what they should be. I thought there is no way they can keep making such errors over and over so it has to get better. But here I am, years later and once again frustrated the human on the other end can't seem to take a simple order. Maybe I'll just go back to ordering via the web and take my chances with the computer.

But again, good prices. Maybe they keep the prices down by mischarging and misreprensting what they are selling.

I will probably shop here again, and actually went about 9 months without because I couldn't take the headaches any more.

We'll see...

Cost vs Quality is what you may need to consider. And don't expect they will do anything other than 'apologize'. Those apologies help them keep their cost of resolving issues to a mininum, I suppose - which in turn allows them to keep offering those 'great deals'.

I've had two orders screwed up by cigar.com. The first won was supposed to include a certain lighter (can't remember which one), but they got it wrong. So, they told me to keep it, and they'd send the right one, too.

Then, just yesterday I got my big Christmas order in. Most of it was correct, except that instead of getting the "experts christmas sampler" they sent me a five pack of Augusto Reyes Nativo. I left a message, was called back the next morning, told to keep the Nativos and that the Christmas sampler was on the way.

Somehow, I think I'll survive.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    I've never had a problem on this site, and I'm receiving my product 8,000 miles away. With the amount of volume this company processes, mistakes are bound to happen. That being said, it looks like the reps go above and beyond to correct any errors. No complaints here.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    It happens. I ordered some padron 80th maduros from another place, got the package and they were a box of 7000's. I emailed the place and next day air was set up for my 80th's and ups came and picked up the 7000's. Was I upset? Yes but it was made right. Ccom is the same way, though I have only heard of them making things right and throwing in something extra. I never had a mix up with ccom. Plus they are always quick to respond on here. I know I have received nothing but top notch service from Tim but like I said anyone here from Kelly, Andy, Alex and others are always fantastic. I'm sure things will be made right.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I order from ccom 2-5 times a month. I don't experience error anywhere near the same amount, but when I do they take care of it. Every time.