Home General Discussion

Has anyone had the 2010 Toast Across America Opus X?

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
I picked up a couple of these yesterday but I can't bring my self to smoke the opus. I love the size and shape of it and am wondering if anyone has had it yet?

Comments

• lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    2010? I have had the 08 and the 09 but cant find the correct time to open my 10's. Got 2 of them so i could smoke one and hold the other. If I smoke it before you Ill give you a review.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    I doubt they are ready for smoking yet.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    docbp87:
    I doubt they are ready for smoking yet.
    +1
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    This came with a Diamond Crown Maximus I believe?
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Diamondog:
    This came with a Diamond Crown Maximus I believe?
    Yeah. Both are in a Hemingway style perfecto vitola.
  • Christian_SappChristian_Sapp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    phobicsquirrel:
    I picked up a couple of these yesterday but I can't bring my self to smoke the opus. I love the size and shape of it and am wondering if anyone has had it yet?
    Where can you get these at?
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    Christian_Sapp:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Where can you get these at?
    At the Toast across america dinner.
  • tjptjp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 26
    what are the sizes on these and anyone have a ball park price???? i found a retailer has multiples in stock, and maybe work a deal buy all for discount price. let me know what u can find
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    tjp:
    what are the sizes on these and anyone have a ball park price???? i found a retailer has multiples in stock, and maybe work a deal buy all for discount price. let me know what u can find
    I think its like $50 for the two smokes, but I could be wrong.
  • blurrblurr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 962
    I'd be interested in hearing a review of someone smoking one of these upon receipt. I'm still in agreement with someone's quote on this board from the maker of Padron cigars, something along the lines of: If I expect my customer to pay 15 dollars for a cigar, I don't expect them to have to age them for 1+ years before they are good. Thats why I haven't jumped on the Opus bandwagon. I'll admit I have a few in my aging humi, but I'm waiting to hear people start talking about how amazing these are fresh. Every cigar needing 2 weeks to 2 months to adjust to conditions I can see, 1+ years is just not being aged properly and rushed to market and I don't agree with that.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    blurr:
    I'd be interested in hearing a review of someone smoking one of these upon receipt. I'm still in agreement with someone's quote on this board from the maker of Padron cigars, something along the lines of: If I expect my customer to pay 15 dollars for a cigar, I don't expect them to have to age them for 1+ years before they are good. Thats why I haven't jumped on the Opus bandwagon. I'll admit I have a few in my aging humi, but I'm waiting to hear people start talking about how amazing these are fresh. Every cigar needing 2 weeks to 2 months to adjust to conditions I can see, 1+ years is just not being aged properly and rushed to market and I don't agree with that.
    +1. This is why I haven't bought an Opus.
    Well you're missing out IMO....Opus are great sticks young but they get even better with age....With an Opus you get more power young ,with age these mellow out a bit and become more smooth and complex but still are a power house of a cigar....I love Padron and I think that is a great quote...I'd be hard pressed to choose a fave between Opus and Padron young or aged they are both great...Almost any cigar will benefit from aging, smoke one young and if you like it then revisit in a year or 2 and you will probably find that cigar has a much more rounded profile, better defined....
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    If that's all it is, then fine, maybe I am missing out. But from what I read on here I was under the impression that Opus wasn't even any good without a year of age on it. If it IS good as is, but gets BETTER with 1+ years, that's a completely different story.
    Ken Light:
    If that's all it is, then fine, maybe I am missing out. But from what I read on here I was under the impression that Opus wasn't even any good without a year of age on it. If it IS good as is, but gets BETTER with 1+ years, that's a completely different story.
    All of this stuff is subjective....what is great for one person is meh for another...only way to find out is buy a few, smoke and revisit down the road...some guys could care less about Opus, I think they are a phenominal smoke with and without age...I would suggest never letting an opinion steer you away from trying a smoke...One thing about Opus they tend to get a bad rap because of the pricing a lot of retailers sell them for, this shouldn't be confused at what MSRP is for these and you can find them at MSRP or relatively close if you look...
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    +1 I agree with the Dog here!!!