Home General Discussion

The Perfect storm.

cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
I've been smoking for yrs. And Fulls for a long time and last night holly crap.. I was smoking a Oliva Serie V and It was going great love the smoke peper, coco, earth slight leather.... I was about an 1 inch or so left and I got a great buzz going then wham.....In your face spinning sick. I made it to the bathroom just in time to get sick.. What the hell happened... I ate about 3 yrs before and it was farely light but I have never been that sick off a cigar....

Comments

• ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    cooch36:
    I've been smoking for yrs. And Fulls for a long time and last night holly crap.. I was smoking a Oliva Serie V and It was going great love the smoke peper, coco, earth slight leather.... I was about an 1 inch or so left and I got a great buzz going then wham.....In your face spinning sick. I made it to the bathroom just in time to get sick.. What the hell happened... I ate about 3 yrs before and it was farely light but I have never been that sick off a cigar....
    I've noticed that staying hydrated is the single greatest aid in avoiding the nicotine. Many people will tell you a full stomach is the key. This is correct, but it wont help nearly as much as being hydrated.

There are a few reasons why I drink water before, during and after smoking. Before is to help avoid what happened to you. During is because I get the best flavors from the cigar with water. After is because I get a bit of dry mouth some times from certain smokes and the after taste isn't always pleasant. If I know I am going to be enjoying a nice full bodied smoke I make sure at least an hour before I light up I drink a couple glasses of water. Normally I will eat something just to keep my stomach a bit more calm, but I feel the nicotine doesn't hit my stomach nearly as much as it does my head (this is why the water is such a huge help).

Hopefully it's as simple as just drinking an extra glass of water a day. Try it next time you are smoking a full bodied powerhouse and see if it makes a difference at all.
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    Thanks ejenne if smoked fulls under many diff. circumstances and been buzzed off my butt but never sick...I will try to keep the water flowing from now on funny thing is I had bottled water outside and was to lazy to get it so I sat without last night.
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    "I ate about 3 yrs before and it was farely light" .................... well there's the problem right there. EAT SOMETHING MAN AND SOON. LOL ;-)
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    Jdorais:
    "I ate about 3 yrs before and it was farely light" .................... well there's the problem right there. EAT SOMETHING MAN AND SOON. LOL ;-)
    Awe, you beat me to it.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Full stomach..... empty stomach..... water or wine...... it's all the same to me. I've gotten gut punches from some smokes no matter whats in my belly. I've never had to run to the bathroom yet (knock on wood), but I've had to sit down.

How often do you smoke? Once or twice a day? Usually at the same time?
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    I feel like this fairly often, being the noob that I am, but I'll try the hydration suggestion.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Goldy:
    Jdorais:
    Awe, you beat me to it.
    Me too..
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    lilwing88:
    Full stomach..... empty stomach..... water or wine...... it's all the same to me. I've gotten gut punches from some smokes no matter whats in my belly. I've never had to run to the bathroom yet (knock on wood), but I've had to sit down.

How often do you smoke? Once or twice a day? Usually at the same time?
    I usually smoke 3-4 days a week most days one some 2-3 times in a day I've had to sit down before for some reason I get hit the first time I smoke a new cigar and not so much after that like first desiel I was sweating from everywhere then they seam like milds to me after that same with many blends. This was much more intense then anything before and 1 minute later I was good to go could have smoke another. Maybe not a V though.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i personally think hydration is even slightly more important than food.