Home General Discussion

A Little Experiment

PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
I've got a box of Ruinations coming, so I decided to experiment with one I already had. I charged some beads with good 'ol JD and put a stick with it in a Zip-lock. Not sure if I should leave the stick out for a day to let it dry out a lil first, but we'll see what happens. Photobucket

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    How long are you planning to let this marinate?
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    PuroFreak:
    How long are you planning to let this marinate?
    Til the beads dry out? maybe after a second filling of the beads dry out? Or until I just can't wait any longer.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    wait . . . wut? Are you trying to infuse this stick with something? If so, I'm pretty sure that clearlysuspect tried something like this, but he did it for a few months before smoking (IIRC, the infusion only worked for a few minutes before the taste of the liquor disappeared completely)

EDIT - I found the thread: http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/117224.aspx. Seems he did it for a month or so and it kinda worked, at least for part of the cigar
    xmacro:
    wait . . . wut? Are you trying to infuse this stick with something? If so, I'm pretty sure that clearlysuspect tried something like this, but he did it for a few months before smoking (IIRC, the infusion only worked for a few minutes before the taste of the liquor disappeared completely)

EDIT - I found the thread: http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/117224.aspx. Seems he did it for a month or so and it kinda worked, at least for part of the cigar
    Thanks for the post. It was deff an interesting read. I personally think Ruin would go well with JD. I'll see what happens much later on, and I'll post what happens
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I'll be interested to see how it works out. I would think that a cigar as bold as the Ruination would not lend itself very well to an infusion, but it could yield interesting results.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    Would this ruin the beads?
    JCizzle:
    Would this ruin the beads?
    I'd imagine it would. I deff wont use em in my humi. I only used like a shot glass full of beads from the lil extra I had
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    j0z3r:
    I'll be interested to see how it works out. I would think that a cigar as bold as the Ruination would not lend itself very well to an infusion, but it could yield interesting results.
    My thoughts exactly. Although I wonder if it would work better if the stick was out of the cellophane.
    Nice. I did a similar experiement yesterday but with vodka, and instead of beads or a humi I poured it down my throat, I kept doing it until I felt funny. :)
    ENFIDL:
    j0z3r:
    My thoughts exactly. Although I wonder if it would work better if the stick was out of the cellophane.
    Ya, that was an over sight. It's out of the celo now. I'm wondering if I should leave it out on the desk overnight so the stick will be thirsty.
    JCizzle:
    Nice. I did a similar experiement yesterday but with vodka, and instead of beads or a humi I poured it down my throat, I kept doing it until I felt funny. :)
    I plan on doing the same thing with scotch this weekend... instead of infusing the cigar, I'll infuse myself and then smoke a cigar. This idea is just crazy enough to work!
    PuroFreak:
    JCizzle:
    I plan on doing the same thing with scotch this weekend... instead of infusing the cigar, I'll infuse myself and then smoke a cigar. This idea is just crazy enough to work!
    Sounds like a good idea to me, for the sake of science, you must conduct this experiment.
    JCizzle:
    PuroFreak:
    JCizzle:
    Sounds like a good idea to me, for the sake of science, you must conduct this experiment.
    I'll do it! But to make it scientific I have to have a control test so I'll smoke a cigar before I start drinking. Then I'll smoke one while I'm drinking, then smoke another after I'm drunk. That way the cigar will be the control and the scotch will be the variable.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    PuroFreak:
    JCizzle:
    PuroFreak:
    JCizzle:
    I'll do it! But to make it scientific I have to have a control test so I'll smoke a cigar before I start drinking. Then I'll smoke one while I'm drinking, then smoke another after I'm drunk. That way the cigar will be the control and the scotch will be the variable.
    Man this is some straight-up scientific goings-on here... I'm trying to keep up with your processes. So, you will be consuming three (3) cigars during this experiment? lol
    Hays:
    PuroFreak:
    JCizzle:
    PuroFreak:
    JCizzle:
    Man this is some straight-up scientific goings-on here... I'm trying to keep up with your processes. So, you will be consuming three (3) cigars during this experiment? lol
    Yes sir. 3 cigars. One before drinking, one during the drinking, and one after the drinking.... I might have to make it 2 during the drinking actually... LOL
    Sounds like a well thought-out plan. However, this must also be tested by the scientific community, so I must repeat the experiment once you have completed it.
    JCizzle:
    Sounds like a well thought-out plan. However, this must also be tested by the scientific community, so I must repeat the experiment once you have completed it.
    Then we hold a herf to compare our results! lol
    PuroFreak:
    JCizzle:
    A) The initial experiment.

B) Each of us repeat the experiment, as a responsible, scientific community.

C)We hold a herf and repeat the experiment for a third time as a group.

Is this what you're suggesting? Hmmm, compelling.
    JCizzle:
    PuroFreak:
    JCizzle:
    A) The initial experiment.

B) Each of us repeat the experiment, as a responsible, scientific community.

C)We hold a herf and repeat the experiment for a third time as a group.

Is this what you're suggesting? Hmmm, compelling.
    I think we may be on the verge of a breakthrough! I'm in!
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Looks like your beads are over saturated....you don`t want to create a wet environment....I would suggest putting in some dry beads for that it keeps proper humidity levels if thats even possible and then let it rest for an entire year, refilling as you go...
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Diamondog:
    Looks like your beads are over saturated....you don`t want to create a wet environment....I would suggest putting in some dry beads for that it keeps proper humidity levels if thats even possible and then let it rest for an entire year, refilling as you go...
    AAAARGHHHH!!!! THE LOGIC OF THIS HURTS MY BRAIN! I not Smartid enuff for this!!!!!
  • chrisd56chrisd56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 77
    I did this with some Bahia blue and Crown Royal. I used an old cigar box. Let the cigars sit out for a few day and get nice and dry then they really soak up the booze!!
  • letashaneletashane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 28
    I bet Bourbon would be really good as well.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    I'm not sure if this will work or not, since only the water element in the liquid should affect RH, and beads are activated by changes in relative humidity.
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    I did a simular with a shot of scotch I my humi for several months didn't get much in the cigars but dam it smell great everytime I opened it. Probably why it didn't work I'd sit for hours open, close, sniff, repeat!
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    If this works even a little it will be worth it. And if it does some Appleton Est. 12yr will be my infusion experiment.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    PuroFreak:
    Hays:
    PuroFreak:
    JCizzle:
    PuroFreak:
    JCizzle:
    Yes sir. 3 cigars. One before drinking, one during the drinking, and one after the drinking.... I might have to make it 2 during the drinking actually... LOL
    This is now a must try as my last chemistry experiment was a success. I have now PERFECTED the ability to turn alcohol, any alcohol, into urine.