Home General Discussion

Help me select my morning smoke... and now my afternoon smoke

robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
I have today off... it's raining and the coffee is brewing... Gonna sit on the patio under the overhang... read my book and enjoy a smoke... gonna choose from:
Montecristo White
RnJ Reserve Real
Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Champagne

I have never had any of these sticks...

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    id go with the RyJ reserva real.

i find that this smoke is very smooth with a hint of cram and musk. its may favorite of those you listed (though all three arent bad)
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Monte white or the RyJ. Like both!!
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Reserva Real all the way, those are perfect for the morning.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    RyJ fo shizzle in yo drizzle.....
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    well... i got impatient and went with the Montecristo White... came as part of the COTM for November... it wasn't bad... not the best Connie I've had... I liked the MC Platinum MUCH better...

really mild, so to compare it to the Platinum isn't really fair, but given the price I'd go with the Plat... but I think they are both overpriced...

so taking $ out of the equation, it was a pleasant smoke... it lasted a little over an hour (smoked the toro) before I got too cold and damp... probably had about 30 min left, but I think I got all the enjoyment out of it that I could have today... should have gone with something smaller given the weather...

now what to have as my afternoon smoke... we'll see how the weather goes...

either
    Hemingway short story
    Oliva O maduro perfecto
    maybe an LFD Air Bender Matatan???
    Air Bender!!!!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    air bender.

thats a no brainer
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    What they said. The Air Bender is actually my favorite afternoon smoke.
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    I'd go with the O and save the Air Bender for tonight. That would be a solid three stick day for sure.
    yeah, i've been resting them for a month or so... haven't had the Air Bender yet, so I think that;s the way I am gonna go...

I may not be able to get a night smoke in... so I'll go Air Bender... If I can get a night smoke I may go Camacho Triple Maduro or 6x54 Diesel Unlimited
    How'd the Air Bender go?
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Yeah let us know how the Air Bender treated you. I absolutely love that blend, and of the sizes I have tried, the Matatan has been the best. I have a chisel in my humi that I need to burn, and I want to get my hands on the lancero size as well, but at the moment, for my money, the Air Bender kicks major azz in the Matatan vitola.
    Didn't get a chance to get after it... Had a client call with a last minute project, so I was SWAMPED all afternoon...

she is primed for saturday afternoon smoking though... I will report back then...