Home General Discussion

Coolerdor

PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
I'm trying to get a small coolerdor for a few boxes. My first time going this route, so I'd like a lil help. I'm looking to get a box of Ruination, Unholy Cocktail, CAO MX2, and maybe a MOW original in there, with room for another box or 2. But I'm trying to get as small of a cooler as possible. The other issue is, since I just ahd my knee surgery a few days ago, I can't really go out to look at any yet and am gunna have the gf pick one up. Any recommendations on size or particular ones? And could someone please give me the dimensions of the Ruination #1 Robusto box and MOW Torp?

Comments

• xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    I'm setting mine up right now as well and I have something around a 50 to 60 quart that seems like it would hold what you are listing there. Unfortunately I don't know the exact measurement cause I have had it awhile before I had his bright idea to use it.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    PsychoSJG:
    I'm trying to get a small coolerdor for a few boxes. My first time going this route, so I'd like a lil help. I'm looking to get a box of Ruination, Unholy Cocktail, CAO MX2, and maybe a MOW original in there, with room for another box or 2. But I'm trying to get as small of a cooler as possible. The other issue is, since I just ahd my knee surgery a few days ago, I can't really go out to look at any yet and am gunna have the gf pick one up. Any recommendations on size or particular ones? And could someone please give me the dimensions of the Ruination #1 Robusto box and MOW Torp?
    I am always going to suggest getting larger than you think or want because you'll end up doing it anyways....I am about to buy 100 quart cooler, I havent been able to find anything bigger

http://www.colemancanada.ca/Catalog/COOLERS.Wheeled,3000000816.en.products
    Its like a humi, never seems to be big enough...
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    PsychoSJG:
    I am right there with you... check out Duder2's set up in this thread http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/209045.aspx

I've been PMing him and he is gracious enough to help me out with some info... his are 48qrt and looks like they would hold what you need...

like you, I want something that isn't TOO big, cuz then i WILL fill it...

I have my eye on this http://www.target.com/Coleman-48-Can-Party-Stacker-Tan/dp/B002BMCORC/ref=sr_fkmr_1_4?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&keywords=48 cooler&fromGsearch=true&sr=2-4&qid=1292603805&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=Coleman 48-Can Party Stacker Tan&node=1038576|1287991011&searchSize=30&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0

sorry for the ugly link... I like that it's tan so it will blend in and it's stackable, so should I need another one, just get the same and stack away...
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    This what I use, and it sounds like it fits your bill:

image It's a Coleman 25 qt stacker. They're not that big, and they cost about 20 bucks. It only takes a single Boveda pack to humidify. It's also sold on Amazon, so you can get it delivered. In it I have:

A box of MoW Ruinations
    3 boxes of Avo LE10s
    1 box of Oliva V Maduros
    1 box of Oliva V Double Robustos
    1 box of Cuba Libre Epicures
    2 mazos of Graycliff Double espressos.

And there's a bit of room left over for singles if I wanted.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    Russ55:
    This what I use, and it sounds like it fits your bill:

image It's a Coleman 25 qt stacker. They're not that big, and they cost about 20 bucks. It only takes a single Boveda pack to humidify. It's also sold on Amazon, so you can get it delivered. In it I have:

A box of MoW Ruinations
    3 boxes of Avo LE10s
    1 box of Oliva V Maduros
    1 box of Oliva V Double Robustos
    1 box of Cuba Libre Epicures
    2 mazos of Graycliff Double espressos.

And there's a bit of room left over for singles if I wanted.
    oooohhh... that is the shorter, longer version of what I posted... might have to check that out
    robbyras:
    oooohhh... that is the shorter, longer version of what I posted... might have to check that out
    Ah yes, the 48, I've got that one too! It's great. It actually has the same base dimensions as the 25, it's almost twice as tall and holds a lot more. And yes, they stack great. All together I have 3 of them up on a bookshelf. It's my poormans cabinet.
  • jakevtjakevt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10
    Your MOW R fit in the stack cooler in the box?  It is a huge box.  I never would have guessed.  The box will not fit in my 52 quart.
    jakevt:
    Your MOW R fit in the stack cooler in the box?  It is a huge box.  I never would have guessed.  The box will not fit in my 52 quart.
    Yep. I was worried they wouldn't, but they fit perfect. You're right it is a huge box. It's really meant for display in a nice cabinet. I'll try and snap a pic of it later today.